main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can yu say........***BOOMDEGASER ALERT!!!! 4/15/05***

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

Sarnia, I'm drivin' so hard to the mark right now, the days are blurs. Today, I temporarily rigged the nosegear with some hardware, pulleys and cord to test the steering system......so far, so good. I also managed to route the brake lines onto the main gear and retract the system several times to test placement. I ALSO rigged up all four wings with custom control horns for the drag rudders. I even loctited all the main wing bolts(all 24 of them)that hold on the aluminum spar side supports! Busy day.

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey Kit

The organizers of Opus would REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY (and he wnt on for like 5 minutes to emphasize the point before I hit him) would like for you to do fly bys of the hotel that weekend

if possible=)

it would be even better if you could pull a banner

lol

3. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

FLOL! Cute. Pusher-prop aircraft don't pull anything....FLOL! And as far as any fly-by's, the only thing I'm shooting for right now is getting her in the air; besides, OPUS personnel would have to get the FAA to give written approval for low-altitude work over the city, that's for SURE!

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    LOL

I will let them know

all I want is for you to get it in the air too!

lol

5. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Well, today I got the bulk of the fuel tank panels done, but was miffed all day long by my inability to get proper connector hardware to suit my needs for the steering and flight control cable systems......I'M VERY FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW!!!!!

6. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Aagin today, my Dad and I went hard at trying to unfrag the nosewheel steering system, but only succeeded in realizing that all our work still left way too much slack in the system.....but we did get a lot accomplished. Be back hard at it tomorrow AM!!! FLOL!

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Tim -- While I was in FL, I talked to Rachel's dad about you...being that he's an airplane mechanic and all that (he's also a SW fan). He's worked on and flown just about every small prop-driven craft from ultralights to Cessnas. The first thing he said was "WOW." and the next thing he said was "He's nuts." :D

He told me to wish you luck on the project, he wants to see it fly, and he wants tons of pictures. :)

He also told me how much it would cost if he wanted to build his own ultralight, since he had priced everything out a couple years ago, and all I could say was "WOW".

Ummm...that's gotta be a much more expensive project than I originally thought. :eek:

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

An ultralight is a serious investment, just as any other aircraft, it's just that those types of birds fly like pigeons, instead of peregrine falcons...FLOL!

9. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    So, Tim....where does this little project stand these days????

10. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Cables on the aileron flight controls are being routed, and the flightstick is at my friend's house getting ready for a "tap and weld" session.

11. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Sweet!!!!

Do we have a launch ETA?

12. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Well, the technical aspects are not really a hinderance anymore, just getting the final installations done.......I am in-process with getting a new inspector, though I'm sure that will hold things up based on the NTSB investigations of these latest crashes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.