main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Canada Day July 1

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by liannb, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Hey everyone, we have a couple canada day options this year. Rebel Legion has been invited to do the sherwood park parade again this year. We have also been invited by Sir Tom to do the silly summer parade, I haven't heard much about this in a while so not sure if we are still invited if its still on etc. Which would everyone prefer to do if anyones interested? I enjoyed the sherwood park event, would be fun to do again

2. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    Sherwood Park! Please everyone one come to this one! it was so fun last year!

3. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    If I can make it, I say Sherwood Park all the way! It was fun last year.

If I don't make it, I still say Sherwood Park. :p

4. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Sherwood for me... though not sure what the silly parade is like.

5. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm going to the sheerwood park thing
    that park we wetn to was awesome and being the rebel legion wil be sweet

6. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    As of now the Parade is not confirmed but getting it all together is in the works.
    Liann and I just wanted to see the numbers of people that would come out... it would be kinda silly if we signed up for the parade as the Rebel Legion, Outrider Base and only two of us showed up...

7. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Just so everyone can be on the same page here - the Rebel Legion has not been invited to this. And at this time, the 501st has only been invited to the parade portion and not to the festival after that. It's two different organizations that work together.

So here's the game plan. Erin is going to get me the letter that Greg received from the parade people that invites the 501st to the parade. We will fill it all out and contact the organizers and pass along the contact information for the Rebel Legion so that Outrider Base can be invited as well. We have to sign waivers for this event so we need both groups to be invited individually.

One of the 501st command staff will get in touch with the people that do the festival and also pass along Outrider Base's contact information to them.

Anyone not covered by either 501st or the Rebel Legion can be invited by either group to come along as has been done in the past. Likely though I'm guessing if you have a Rebel costume it would be best if you marched with Outrider, and if you have an Imperial costume, you march with us.

Liann, Erin and I are going to work really hard to make sure that all three groups function well together. And we'd really like to do our best to avoid any confusion so there are no misunderstandings ever. So, from the stand point of the 501st, anything that we are inviting either the Fan Force or the Rebel Legion to will be done so only by one of the command staff, and likely only Dave Kho (the assigned Fan Force contact for Edmonton) or myself. If there is some curiosity about an event that you know about and we haven't invited you, it may in fact be, like the case of this parade, that we aren't even organized or committed to go yet ourselves and don't really have much in the way of information to pass along.

I think the goal here is to work together in order to get Outrider Base to a point where they are getting the invites directly and then each of the two groups can organize themselves accordingly. But in the meantime, we're going to have to work together to make sure that everyone is on the same page. It's very important to me that we maintain good communication.

So! Shortly you should be hearing back some new details about these events and let the fun begin!

8. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Just for an update here - we are still waiting on information for change rooms and stuff but as soon as we know, we'll pass it along!

Remember how hot it was at this event last year folks.....remember to pack sunscreen and bug spray. Nothing ruins an event quicker than bug bites on a sunburn....

9. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Any more info on this event that is fast approaching?

10. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    hey Jarrett.

all info on the parade is on the Rebel Legion Forum.. in our Outrider Base Section.
    you don't have to be a member of the Rebel Legion to sign up on the boards.

http://www.rebellegion.org/forum/

11. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Erin and I have decided the best way to go with this is for like costumes to stick together for the parade. So since all of you here have RL - type costumes, it's best that you march with Outrider. I think that covers everyone. If there is anyone here that feels they have an Imperial costume and should be marching with the 501st, please let myself know and we'll get it sorted out. Erin and I want to make sure that everyone invited and accounted for. Remember that this parade is an AWESOME way to let everyone know that Outrider Base is here!

And as always....those of you that can see if you can watch out for those of us that can't....we greatly appreciate it. Especially in a large event like the one after the parade. People sometimes try to remove things from our gear, and as you know, we don't have a clue it's happening.

And as this is such a huge event, if any of you run in to any problems during the event and can't find Erin or Liann, please do not hesitate to find either myself or Ted, and we'll try and help you out. Grab someone in white armor and ask where either of us are. It's very, very easy to get separated so please, PLEASE try and stay in at least groups of two. And most importantly - HAVE A TON OF FUN!!!!

12. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Thanks Erin! I dunno if I will be there, but I might be. :)

13. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Erin, did you get the details?

14. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    hey jarrett,

all info for the parade is on the Rebel Legion Forum.

15. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Thanks! Are we doing anything after the parade?

16. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    posted up more info on the Rebel Legion board
    Jarrett just post there if you have anymore questions about Canada Day stuff.

Thank you :)

17. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    We will leave at about 6 AM tomorrow. Hope to be there about 8 or a little after.

See you guys tomorrow! :D

18. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Had a ton of fun yesterday! :)

19. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    thanks for coming Jarrett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.