Toronto Canadian Action Figure Expo: Sunday, September 30th

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy FF City Rep Toronto, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Canadian Action Figure Expo
    Sunday, September 30th, 2007
    Mississauga Grand Banquet and Convention Centre
    35 Brunel Road (Directly off the 401 and Hurontario)
    9am to 3pm

http://www.actionfigureexpo.com

2. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe I'll be there...
  3. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
  4. ErikaVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes! It's finally letting me post a reply to this thread! I tried like five times earlier today, and for whatever reason the page with the reply form simply refused to load.

Anyway, wow! I can't believe the admission charge is only $10! I expected it to be a lot higher. Um, is the cheepness of the admission price then made up for by the prices of the action figures? *Keeps fingers crossed* I hope not! I want an Executer!

And while I'm at it, does anybody know how to get there by TTC/other form of public transit? I checked the directions offered by the website, but they only give driving directions which doesn't help me a whole lot.

Thanks to anybody who can help!
  5. Styrofoam_Guy FF City Rep Toronto, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I do not believe the TTC goes out that far. I am not familiar with transit to get there. Maybe phone the hotel?

Oh and welcome

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy
  6. ErikaVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks! No, I don't think TTC goes out that far either unfortunately, but I think Mississauga has its own public transit system that I should be able to connect with in order to get the rest of the way there. I'm not absolutely sure though, or how I hook up with it once I've gone as far as TTC can take me. So I'll definitely take your suggestion and phone the hotel. Thanks!

And thanks for the welcome!:)
  7. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    Were I not so busy that day, I'd pick you up somewhere... sorry... On the plus side (for me), I get to wear my new (for me) suit of Sandtrooper Armour!...
  8. Sirene Jedi Knight

star 3
    I happen to work by Square One and used to take public transportation out here. Allot approximately 2hrs if you're traveling from the downtown core.

Take the subway to Islington.
    Get on the Mississauga bus Westbound(26 or 3) - Grab a transfer.
    Catch 19 North to Brittania.

Actually, its pretty straight forward, but you'll have to pay both TTC and Mississauga fees, and it does take approximately 2hrs to get there from North York at least.
  9. Styrofoam_Guy FF City Rep Toronto, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.