main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Canadians at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by fingthething, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Hey All,

Im not to sure if this has been posted yet or not but i would just like to see how many other canadians are going to Starwars Celebration II. Everyone in my home town seems to thinks im nuts to go down to Indy for 4 days just to go to a Starwars convention. So anyway, Are you going?

2. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Well, my family think I'm nuts too.... but I don't care! It will be great! And costly!

Oh... there is another canadian going at least...Hayden! [face_love]

;)

3. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I'd go, but I'm a poor college student :(

wk

4. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Canadians are cool! :cool:

I *think* JediWarrior will be there. :)

~*~Bria

5. Grey_Fox

Grey_Fox Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Man, I seriously have to go to Celebration III. I just can't afford to right now though. My life is in serious disorder. For Episode III, I will make sure to have the full deal. I am going to do it right. Unfortunately I just don't have the opportunity this time around. Not even for Star Wars. *sob*

6. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    I'll be there...
    and in costume too

7. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Seriously thinking about flying over for it.

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Lots of Tronna-types wil be there as well

9. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'll be there and in costume too.

10. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm with you too!

We should try to all get together at some point or some points throughout the con!!!

It would be great to meet everyone from Canada.

11. darthcleo

Feb 8, 2000
    You mean all 30 millions of us?

12. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
  13. Dark_Elling

Dark_Elling Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    I'll be in Indy for the SW Celebration. The first one was great even if the weather was poor. We should meet up some time. Is anyone going to any of the various fan club get togethers?

14. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    I will be going to the Fanforce party on friday night. Just waiting for the confirmation! :)

15. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    I say we all reserve 20$ for sunday night and we (canadian) all go at a restaurant somewhere. I could post it up in the Members Lounge and they will most likely have other boards.

so how's that.. I didn't check but I can't remember anything else on sunday evening...

EDIT: just check there isn't anythig official yet. let me know what you think and I'll send a PM to Seb-X so he can officially add it to the list of events

what do you think of that
    canadian bash supper :D

16. Dark_Elling

Apr 4, 2002
    Someone with some Forums skills (not me) should start up a list of Canadians going to Indy. After we get some rough numbers then maybe we can make some plans, like Uilmuteiz's plan for a get together at a restaurant.

17. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I'm here too!

18. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    What's this about a Fanforce party on Friday?

19. darthcleo

Feb 8, 2000
    careful about planning for sunday night... Some people are flying back on Sunday

20. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Oh, it makes me so mad! I was so going to drive down, but I have exams on one of those days! That's absolutely terrible! Oh well. Like Grey_Fox, I'm going to make it a serious point to get to Celebration III.

21. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    Adam-the-indifferent : Check out the Celebration2 boards (Fanforce connection):
    here

It's a party planned in a banquet hall at the Hyatt for everybody posting on this site. It's 17$ (US). Friday from 9 till midnight with pizza, cookies, etc... and special guests! ;)

And I like the idea on a canadian get together! And I think sunday is the only day when there is nothing planned. (Friday: FF party, Saturday: concert) I know some people might be leaving that night but I don't see when would be a better time....

22. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Unless we all get there thursday night, maybe then could we do something... but SOME PEOPLE will always have something to do ;) that's the problem when your famous.

ps.: hey you think Natalie will be there and come to the FF party so I can ask her to dance and then I'll probably faint???:D

23. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Sounds like fun, I may have to skip it though :( $25cdn for 3 hours, I don't know if I can afford that. sigh. I won't have a finalized budget until the week or so before I go.

Steak.
    Money is too tight for steak.
    Steak.
    Yeah...sure..steak

Maybe we can meet up for the concert or for lunch. Lot's of time to discuss and plan.

24. Dark_Elling

Apr 4, 2002
    Sounds like everyone will be strapped for cash. This won't be a cheap trip for anyone. For an Indy get together, maybe we should try to meet Thursday night. This will allow us to meet each other before the Celebration, thereby allowing us to interact or help each other out duiring the Celebration Event. We don't have to spend money to do this. We can meet up and then walk over to the Indy Convention center and scope out the complex. Planning and cooperation are going to be important at this event. There will be lots of things to see and do with limited time.

25. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    Yeah, it would be great to meet before and check out the convention center! That way maybe I won't get lost! ;) (A tendancy of mine :p )
    I will be there early on friday morning, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.