main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Canadians at Celebration II

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by fingthething, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    "no no I'm not stalking, I'm just making sure you're not getting lost... What?? you don't know where your hotel room is haaa well mine's two corridors away :)"

hehehe

that's the problem when you're sharing a room :)

ha well.

Steak ??? what's that.. is there such a thing as something else than Lay's and Pepsi at such cons ?????

2. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Well some one better pick a place to meet up. But it might be difficult for us Canadains to decide, being that im sure most of us have never been to indy before. I really dont care where or what day but i still would like to get together. Maybe one of the Indy Knights could suggest a place for us to meet up.

3. Dark_Elling

Dark_Elling Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Wellll... let just pick someones hotel that is close to the convention center. I'm flying in Thursday at 5:12 pm and staying at the Days Inn Downtown which is 5-6 blocks away from the convention center, so mine is out. Everyone attending C2 list your hotel and the time you arrive in Indy. We can then pick someones hotel (like the Hyatt) that is close to meet.

4. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    I should be there thursday in the afternoon (I don't know the time yet) but I'm staying at 1,5 mile from the convention center so I won't suggest my hotel! But I'd like to meet in one of the hotel lobby. :)

5. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Then I guess we're up.. (thanks tragic)

We'll be in the Westinn across the street :D

What I suggest, is that all canadians meet somewhere around the entry point of the Celebration. might just be the best place.

I'll check with the indy knights and the Toronto Peoples.

6. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I thought I'd pass along that there's an incredible lack of Canadian appearances at the FanForce table signup. There's no need to be shy. :) Go join Uilmuteiz and have a blast. :D

~*~Bria

7. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    so that's public hey :D

LOL

8. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    I just got my plane tickets (finally!). I love Air Miles! :D
    Anybody on a flight leaving from Toronto early on thursday morning?

Now I just have to finish my costume and I'm ready!

9. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I don't have my plane ticket yet, probably book it tomorrow sometime, but I will most likely be flying out of Pearson early Thursday morning. What airline are you flying, Marianne_Solav?

PS, Really gotta love air miles. :)

10. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    I think it's Air Canada. They are sending my tickets by mail. Flight leaves at 6:00 from Montreal, I change planes at Pearson (my luggage too, I hope!) and it leaves around 8:30 from Toronto. If they lose my luggage... :mad:

And I've got window seats. :D

Edit: If you haven't booked your flight yet, you'd better hurry! With Airmiles, I think you have to book 15 days in advance. ;)

11. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay... I'm flying American Airlines / American Eagle. Leaving about 6:45 am Toronto, change planes in Chicago, and arrive in Indy around 10am.

As for the rush, the AA setup is different than Air Canada's. If I don't get it far enough in advance I just have to get an "anytime" reward rather than a "plan ahead" reward.

See you in Indy. :)

12. Dark_Elling

Apr 4, 2002
    So if you guys/girls want to meet up Thursday night before the Celebration to hang out and check out the convention center, then how about 7:30pm in the front lobby of the Westin? Sound off if you think you'll make it :D

13. Marianne_Solav

Nov 12, 2001
    7:30 at the Westin sounds good! Maybe at some specific place though, because the lobby could be pretty busy! Like near the front door, the elevators or... I don't know. I tried to look at pictures but they are not very detailed!

And does anyone know the opening hours of the convention center? We can visit at anytime? I didn't find it on their website.

So I will arrive in the morning, try to check-in early, visit a little around the hotel and check out the starfighter exhibit at the children's museum, eat at some point, chase cockroaches in my room ;), meet you people at the Westin and visit the convention center! :D

14. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I think we'll be arriving between 6:00-7:30 -- our hotel is the westin.

Hopefully, we'll be in intime to get together.

15. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I think we'll be arriving between 6:00-7:30 -- our hotel is the westin.

Hopefully, we'll be in intime to get together.

16. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Pay this post no mind. It is irrelevant to your lives and the lives of your wives.

So, please move along.

17. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    7:30 at the Westin sounds good to me, seeya their.

18. Dark_Elling

Apr 4, 2002
    Ya, lets meet near the front doors. There should be some seating there for lounging and such.

19. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Bonjour! I got an email from Bob le Sith a week ago and I apologize for not returning the email. It looks like you guys have pretty much everything set. :D

20. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay, my flight's now booked, turns out that there is a later flight, so this is now what's going on... I fly out of Toronto at 10:25 and will get to Indianapolis around 1 pm. Much more civilized hours. :)

I'm in for the evening thing, I just hope you guys get in in time Adam, 'cause otherwise I may still be carrying around ALL my luggage.

21. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    After months on deliberation, and discussion with the wife, it looks like we will be making the trip to Indiana also. I ordered our tickets last Thursday.

22. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    ok too dead in here.. woohoo

Chris is coming yeah all canadian mods will be there :D LOL

Say who's going to the concert maybe we could go as a group.. and for the opening ceremony as well :D

common l'ets get high.... on con mode that is..

23. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm going to the concert.

24. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Do you have to buy tickets to the concert or is it just a part of the convention?

25. Dark_Elling

Apr 4, 2002
    I'll be going to the concert as well.

You have to buy tickets for the concert at C2. They aren't available anywhere, that I know of anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.