main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by The_Green_Ranger, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I am really sorry to be cancelling the meeting (at least at my house) but I had an incident happen, and I am unable to host the meeting this weekend. I can do it next weekend, or we can move it to B&N or something. I will try and call you Dalton and Kevin H. in case you dont read this.

Kevin V and Kevin G, since you didn't say anything about coming, I guess you weren't gonna be able to make it anyway.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I've sent out a notice to those on the mailing list, though at this time it may be a moot point. Hopefully we'll get something lined up again soon.

3. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    No problem, Rob. I was gonna come and was about to leave the house actually to go over there but I decided to check the message board to make sure the meeting was still on. I'm glad I checked now. I just called Kevin H. a few minutes ago and his wife said he was in the shower so I'm guessing he didn't know about the meeting being cancelled either. I told her to inform him and to call me back. I wasn't sure whether anyone had an alternate plan in mind for today or not. Right now I'm all dressed up and ready to go but it's cool man. I understand last minute things come up and accidents happen, etc.

4. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Robbie,

Hope everything turned out ok.

Kevin G. and I met and we went and saw Benchwarmers. Funny, funny, funny movie. Lots fo Star Wars stuff to look at if you could see through the tears of laughter.

Kevin H.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Wish I could've joined you guys. Thanks for the invite. My wife wasn't feeling too great on Sunday anyway, so I would've felt bad going to the meeting, though I would've gone. So when I found out it was cancelled, I just told her to lay back down which is why I couldn't go. I would've loved to have seen Benchwarmers; that's not exactly the type of movie I could've talked Angela into seeing. :p

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Sorry about that Dalton. When I talk to Kevin G, he said he was dressed with nowhere to go, so I asked if he wanted to catch a movie. This was after I talked with you and you said you weren't feeling good either. I knew you had to leave the meeting by 2pm. When I called the movie theater, the show didn't start until 1:10pm. This would have put it ending after you needed to leave.

Again, I apologize.

Kevin H.

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh no, I just read your post and re-read mine, and it probably looked like I was being smart about you guys going to the movie without me. That's not what I was referring to at all. When we talked on the phone, you asked if I still wanted to meet and I told you I really didn't feel up to it anyway. That's "the invite" I was talking about in my previous post. I wasn't trying to be smart about the movies, 'cause you're right, I couldn't have gone anyway due to the time constraints. When I said "thanks for the invite," I was just referring to when you asked if we wanted to try and have a meeting anyway on the phone, nothing more specific beyond that. So please, no apologies. I'm just glad you guys got to do something. I apologize if my previous post was confusing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.