Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I've had intestinal issues when visiting Wal-mart, though it doesn't happen all the time. I've had my knee go out when I've visited Wal-mart, at least a few times, I've suffered dizzy spells, had at least one asthma attack, but usually... I just have to pee within minutes of walking through the doors.
  2. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    EVERY time my sister enters a Wal-Mart she has to take a number 2. It's like clock-work.TMI, I know, but it's funny.

So, I went to the dentist the other day and I'm pretty sure the hygienist ruined my permanent retainer with her scaling job. After I had braces they glued in a white gold bar to the back of my front four bottom teeth, to keep them from drifting back. The bar is extremely rough and my tongue keeps snagging on it now. The girl that did it was new and extremely unprofessional. I'm going to get my mother to phone tomorrow and complain, and to hopefully get me in to see the orthodontist. I'm soooo not paying if I need a new one.
  3. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
  4. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    My tongue is now so swollen from this thing cutting it all weekend, so it kinda feels like my tongue is much bigger than it's supposed to be. Uggg. I went through two years of braces, I thought I was done with this awhile ago!
  5. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    An I bed you're talging lige lis, ri? :p It's terrible when you've got something in your mouth that's bugging you, and you just can't avoid it or leave it alone.
  6. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Let's see, curlers breaking as soon as I put them in, great swatch of white and red hair the hair colour missed, need to put gas in the car, even though I put some in yesterday, the morning is running away from me and there's crappy traffic on the route I need to take (and HATE) - yep, I'm ready for my interview... :p
    Iverna likes this.
  7. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Ouch! I hope they give you a free retainer.
  8. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    It's the end of days! Today I saw a giant ball of light up in the sky! It was so intense that the frigid air actually warmed up above freezing! Some people claim it's something called the sun...but I think that is an urban legend.
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Apr 22, 2013
    DarthIshtar, TrakNar and Iverna like this.
  9. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    The SUN??!! The sun is a lie.

So I went to get my retainer checked out. Part of the glue on the end got scraped off, it was the end of the bar that was cutting me, so they just reglued it and polished it.
  10. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I have one of those as well and the same thing happened years ago... it was really painful. At the time I still had some braces wax and I put that on it until I could get it fixed. That must have been 10 years ago and it has never happened since. I've had it so long I completely forget about it until someone say something about it.
  11. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I've had mine for five years and it normally does not bother me at all. I looked to see if I had any leftover braces wax but I couldn't find any.

My mother wanted to experiment with my hair. She back-combed it and now I have afro. It's rather awesome.
  12. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm glad it was an easy fix for your retainer, @Briannakin. LOL back-combing for me just doesn't do much. My hair has a mind of it's own and it will do what it wants no matter how I comb it. I've learned the hard way to just let it do what it wants. In the past, I've spent as long as an hour trying to get it to do what I want it to do, and it'll stay long enough for me to get out the door... then it goes back to what it was before all the fuss... or looks worse. Hairspray, especially the "strong hold" kind just makes it lay flat against my head like an Alien-type facehugger.
  13. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    I had to laugh at the visualization. I had an afro type of perm in the late 70s and early 80's. When I went to Basic Training I couldn't take care of it so it looked like I had dreadlocks. I still have my old ID card for some reason and my boys howled in laughter upon seeing my hair.
  14. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Go shoot it down, it offends me.
    Krayt-Eagle and Iverna like this.
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Way to borrow Wedge Antilles. :) I'm needing to get some writing done this week, since last week I realized that everything I was really working on required me to talk about violence and I couldn't deal with it.
  16. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm glad it got sorted so quickly, @Briannakin!

I've given up on styling my hair as well. It just does what it wants. And what it wants is to curl like crazy and make me look like a Hobbit. I figure it could be worse. :p

I actually finally managed to get some writing done over the weekend. I'm really excited about the fics I'm working on at the moment. Only problem is, there aren't enough hours in the day to allow for all the writing, drawing, and painting I want to do! We need longer days. Or, I need to become a vampire or something so I don't need to sleep anymore.
  17. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Ack! I just ate 8 ounces of the worst French Onion chip dip before I realized I accidentally bought plain sour cream. o_O
  18. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] Sorry, that just made me laugh.
  19. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I totally forgot about the community potluck tomorrow, so it's a mad scramble to the store tomorrow afternoon, followed by cooking so I can have the food ready by 6.
  20. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I get to spend the next couple days making a bunch of cancer awareness ribbon pins for the fundraiser my cousin is holding on Saturday, for my aunt. I'm trying to decide if I want to switch back and forth with thread colours, or if I want to try using monofilament and getting the darn stuff to knot.
  21. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I once tried helping my friends made AIDS awareness ribbons, just out of gift wrap ribbon and safety pins. I gave up after two.

I got some shocking news today. Two of my really good friends broke up. They had been going out since grade 10 and everyone thought they were going to get married eventually. They tried the long distance thing after he moved away with his family, but I think that was the biggest issue. I just hope that this will be a reality check for two of my other friends. They considered getting married after just a year of dating. They recently just got through a very rough patch and they are now talking about getting married next summer. IMO, it's just a recipe for disaster. I'm pretty sure there are more relationship issues than she'll even admit to herself, plus she has four more years of school ahead of her and he's currently unemployed but is consitering going to school too, even though he does not have the money.

Sorry, I had to rant. Somedays I'm glad I'm single.
  22. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    It really depends on the couple. My mom and stepdad dated four months before getting engaged, they were married seven months later and they're still together after 22 years. And I have a friend whose parents are friends with a couple who met at church, essentially, and it went like this:

They're standing in line, and he hears this voice in his head say, "Turn around and ask the girl behind you to marry you." He goes, "What? No! That's stupid!" Again, the voice says, "Turn around and ask the girl behind you to marry you." He ignores it. After a third time, he turns around, and sees this girl behind him, holding her belongings to her chest, absolutely sheet-white, and before he can say anything, she blurts out, "If you ask, I'll say yes." They'd never met before that moment. They were married three months later and have been for 30+ years.
  23. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow. That's a creepy story.

I think it depends on the couple, too. Also how old you are when you start dating, how long you've known each other beforehand, etc. I knew I wanted to marry my boyfriend as soon as we started dating. Granted we'd been friends for over two years, but still, we knew pretty quickly. On the other hand, I dated my ex-husband for about a year and a half before he proposed, was engaged for an additional nine months, and we got divorced after three years.
  24. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    That is a bizarre story. Kinda romantic in an odd way.

Yes, it does depend on the couple, I know a lady who married her husband after only 4 months of knowing him. They were married a week after she finished high school and they are still married 35 years later. Then theres my aunt who lived with a guy 6 years and when they finally decided to marry, they were married 6 months.

That all being said, I just think she honestly does not want to admit to herself how much problems they are having.
    Last edited by Briannakin, Apr 24, 2013
  25. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, that story is more creepy to me than romantic. [face_worried] Does the voice in his head talk to him a lot? And after 30 years of marriage what is that voice saying to him now? "Buy a red corvette and get hair plugs! It's time for your midlife crisis!"
    mavjade and Iverna like this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.