Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
  2. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    Congratulations, Lexi!

Sent from my R2 unit
  3. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Aww look, he's so cute! Congratulations and all the best, Lexi! [:D]
  4. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    True, but I know the difference and those long-skinny-legged spiders better watch out!

@LexiLupin - What did you name the baby? Is it a Star Wars name? Luke, Han, Jar Jar?
  5. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Awe, he's adorable. Congratulations :) [face_party]
  6. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thanks everyone! He is freakishly adorable, isn't he?
    (totally unbiased opinion, that)
    @Jedi_Lover- you got it, he's Jar Jar! :p

Kidding of course- he is Remy Augustus. His fetus nickname was Gus so we're still sort of getting the feel for Remy and calling him Gus a lot.
    It was close though- he went about 30 hours without a name while we decided between Remy and Jason. So he almost had a sort-of Star Wars name!
    earlybird-obi-wan and Iverna like this.
  7. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Congratulations, Lexi!! He's adorable! :D
  8. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Augustus is such an awesome name. I've never heard the name Remy before, but I rather like it.

Do you want to know something disgusting. It snowed a lot here today. WILL WINTER EVER END!
    Iverna likes this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    He is lovely
    Congratulations
    daddy long-legs[face_laugh] here in the Netherlands they are called 'hooiwagens' (haywagons) They are very useful in catching bugs called 'pissebedden'
  10. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Remy; I love that name
    And Jason; ;) that's a Star Wars name of one of my characters
  11. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Congrats on Remy, Lexi! He's a cutie.
  12. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Congratulations.

I'm up early because my friend is getting married at noon and, crazy girl, is getting married 2.5-hour drive away. Then the reception is tonight here. I was slightly surprised that I got invited to the ceremony, because it's a much smaller group, but it's nice to be invited, so I swapped shifts with someone working on Saturday.

I've been sick since Friday, but managed to sleep through the night last night, so that's better than the last few days. Meanwhile, I've lost 4.3 pounds from not being able to keep anything down all weekend. I don't recommend the diet.
  13. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Remy is a lovely name!

And @Briannakin, winter is coming, don't you know. I think they just said it SO many times, and so dramatically, that when winter did come, it decided to stay for a while to justify all the fuss. I mean, we were having snow here, in April. We usually don't even get snow in January.
  14. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thanks everybody! We're adjusting to home life quite nicely. He's a feisty little man. ;)

And @Briannakin- no... just... no. IT'S ALMOST MAY!
    Last edited by LexiLupin, Apr 30, 2013
  15. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    @Briannakin. You better keep your Canadian snow north of our border! I am camping with the scouts this weekend! I'll notify Homeland Security to stop those snow clouds at the border. Seriously, it better not snow. I am sick of camping in snow, hail and rain. :(
  16. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Lol. It snowed again today. I think I'm going to move to Cuba or something.

Have fun camping.
  17. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Had a very tiring day. My brother and his girlfriend split up; she's bipolar/schizo, and she's off her meds. She claims that his vibrations are messing with her energy and making her sad and he's committing psychic warfare on her, even unintentionally, and that he smells like Odin.

. . . Yeah, IDEK. But she kicked him out of the house today, so I spent the afternoon with my mom, getting him packed and moved into our house. (We're also currently storing stuff for my grandparents, so the house is . . . crowded.) It's so nice to not have to be nice to her anymore, or tolerate her crazy. And there's no nasty divorce this time because they already got divorced last year! Long story behind that, but I've been calling her my sister-in-law out of convenience, rather than "the ex-wife he's still involved with".

So, lots of packing and lifting and carrying, and I'm exhausted. But we're free of the psycho, at long last.
  18. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    @Dantana Skywalker Let's hope this is the last you see of crazy ex-SIL. Isn't Odin the God of Thunder? What exactly does he supposedly smell like? Humidity? A fresh April shower? Maybe your brother should change his deodorant. ;) Congrats on his great escape. I wish him the best.
  19. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Thor is the God of Thunder. Odin's his dad. IDK, has something to do with her being A. obsessed with Loki, and B. bugnuts crazy.
  20. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    She needs to stop going off of her medication. She needs to recognize that she has a problem and recognize that the medication works. I feel sorry for her, because schizophrenics can live perfectly normal lives, provided they have access to the proper supportive services, such as medication and therapy.
  21. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Her insurance (Medicare) got cut off last month but she won't do the paperwork to get it back. Then she whines about not being able to get her medicine. I just . . . she's not our problem anymore.
  22. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    There are people that do lead good normal lives...but in my experience most people with mental issues are in denial that they have any problems at all. I have a close family member that suffers the same. He's convinced the meds don't help him.
    Last edited by EmeraldJediFire, Apr 30, 2013
  23. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Snow:p I hope that snow stays in Canada.
    At least we had no snow yesterday when the Neterlands was one big party with the coronation ceremony for our new king.
    But that and a lot of people watching it on the internet had me with almost no access to that internet and unable to post here or watch threads here.
  24. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I'm going to agree with the keeping the snow in Canada!! It's finally nice here and I don't want to go back!
    I went on a five mile walk today and it was beautiful! I was going to go on a run but by knee has just started grinding when there's a lot of pressure on it (stairs, running, etc). While it doesn't hurt it doesn't feel good so I figure running isn't a very good idea at the moment. ;)
  25. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    It's just gross here. I think I'm going to move to the Bahamas or something.

So, I'm two weeks into my summer and I'm starting to get bored. I've been painting, which has kept me busy, but there are only so many hours I can paint and watch Netflix. I would love to write, but my muse is fighting with me. It doesn't help that it's been snowing and bitterly cold, so I can't go for bike-rides or walks. How am I supposed to survive another 3 whole months?!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.