main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. I'll eventually put in my sig and when I do I'll put a warning at the top of all my blog posts.

So, went to Iron man 3. I quite enjoyed it. If you go, stay for the post-credit scene.

2. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    that was a cool clip at the end, people should stay to watch it

3. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    This is totally off topic, but can I just rant for a moment? IT DRIVES ME FREAKING INSANE WHEN PEOPLE CHANGE PLANS! I get it, life happens, but I swear EVERY I'm part of something that requires planing, the plans change, especially when my best friend is involved. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I'm not. Another friend invited a bunch of people to go on a picnik at her father's place on a lake (it had finally started to warm up here) Sunday evening. A few people couldn't make it because it was short notice or odd work schedule. So my best friend decides to suggest Monday at noon instead. I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure less people will be able on a Monday at noon, then on a sunday (and it's still short notice). IDK, is this something that gets on other people's nerves, or am I just crazy?

Again, sorry for the rant.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday was one of those days. On Friday, there were plans, big plans. I had everything set out and ready to go. I was really looking forward to going to the Faerie Festival and then to Comics Universe for FCBD. I had dug out a SW shirt to wear for SW Day, my cat ears to wear to the festival, I had my backpack all cleared out and ready to go.

Then, my dad tells me that we're not going.

I spent today reorganizing my DVDs and doing laundry. [face_plain]

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I got back from my Scout camping trip. Unfortunately I may have to find another troop for my boys because I made the mistake of asking their father to join us and Darth Hubby got in a verbal altercation with the Scoutmaster and was told he is no longer welcome at any meetings or any scout activities. The boys and I are welcome to stay but now I am so embarrassed from Darth Dumbkriff's behavior that I don't know if I can show my face at another meeting.

This is why I have no friends. He runs them all off. Never marry a Sith Lord. :(

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    TrakNar: [:D] [:D] that really sucks. :(

My day was epic crazy. I woke up far too early but that wasn't too bad as I didn't have to rush to get ready. I left to catch the bus early too, which would have been ok except there was a notice at the bus stop saying there wouldn't be any buses due to a May Day event that closes part of the route. Still, got the train and got to London ok and I met emilsson. Then we went to Forbidden Planet where I got some comics and I met Dan Abnett who signed some stuff for me and I had my picture taken with him. There was also some stormtroopers and Darth Vader there too. Got back to my home station and had to wait an hour to be picked up because my phone had died and I couldn't call home and home couldn't call me. All in all, lots of stress but lots of fun.

Briannakin: I'm the same on account of my Asperger's. When I saw there weren't any buses yesterday it kind of broke me for a bit. Also, if I plan to wear something or use something, I have to find it no matter what.

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Briannakin For the most part, if the change of plan makes sense I don't mind. However, when they make no sense, which the example you put forth is in that category, yeah, I'd probably be miffed and wouldn't go to the cookout on Monday even if I didn't have any other plans just for spite. [face_not_talking] Then, when they say it was a disaster, I'd say, "Oh really? What a shame. Maybe next time you should 1) Give more advance notice, and 2) hold it on a day most people won't be working."

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    When the changes make sense, or for health or family reasons, then yeah, I get it. Thankfully the friend whose place we're having it at [and who knows it drives me insane when people change plans (she's great - she never confirms anything unless she is absolutely sure she can make it)] kinda said Monday was a dumb idea and said we basically can't use the place on Monday. So it's still on for today. Which makes me happy because I had other things planed for Monday. I'm so sick of people changing plans, that if they do change them, I may start not going just out of spite. It's a respect thing - I set aside that time for you, if you can't set aside that time for me (especially if you are the one that set the time) then that's your problem.

@moosemouse: I'm simmilar because of my CP. I have to plan things ahead of time because I may need to be rested, I may need to make adaptions or whatever. I like to know what we are doing, what time we are doing it, and whatnot.

Jedi_Lover: that sucks. I hope you find another troop close-by.

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    The trouble is the kids want to stay with their friends. My youngest is like, "This will blow over, Dad is always acting like a jerk." I really hate drama, but Darth Daddy seems to thrive on it. He's a disabled vet and cancer survivor, but now I wonder if the cancer went to his brain. He has been acting really weird for the last seven years.

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    A great-uncle of mine became a jerk after his cancer treatments. He was tolerable before, but afterwards, he was a complete, pompous *expletive* afterwards.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That sucks, J_L. :(

My dad had personallity changes after he had several heart attacks (I was too young to remember that, though) and a brain anysurism when I was in college. He would get really grumpy and mad for no reason, stopped wanting to do things other than be at home (I'm sure some of it was depression). Turns out he has diabetes and probably has had it for a while and when his blood sugar is off he gets really grumpy and mad and wants to not do things. Now that it's under control, he's much happier and apparently much more like himself from before children. :p

Though I guess that last part could be because all his children are adults and none of us live at home now. Though he really, really wants me to give him grandbabies. (My mom does too, she's just not quite as vocal about it.)

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Thankfully, my folks haven't bothered me much for grandkids. However, my brother gets bugged plenty. Considering that my mom thinks I'm gay, then I guess she's given up hope! [face_laugh]

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, this made my day! I want this to be EP7. :p

I love robotic Chewie.

Ack! My husband is getting crazier and crazier. His laptop breaks. I get it up and running long enough to call the geek squad. They say it is bad and I need to get it into the store. I say to hubby, "If you have any files you want to save, get them onto a memory stick now because it looks like the harddrive or Windows is failing."

He said, "No, I wouldn't know if my files have a virus. So, no I don't want to take anything off."

I tell him. "If it is the harddrive or they have to reinstall windows everything will be gone." He says he doesn't want to save anything.

The geek squad called and said it was a bad hard drive. I tell my husband and he says. "It would have been nice if I could have got some of my files off the computer before you brought it in."

Really? What the hell?

I said, "What do you want me to do? I have a warranty for the harddrive."

"I don't care, do whatever you want."

"Fine. I will bring it home and give you the warranty. Tell the store it was a gift and you take care of it."

:mad:He is crazy! He's driving me crazy.

Then he says he wants to sue a non-profit organization because our son got slightly hurt while under their care. My son was screwing around and was under the supervision of his FATHER at the time anyway. He says, "Why should I pay the urgent care bill!" I said, "We have a $12 copay! Instead you want to fill out forms and sue a great organization for something that wasn't their fault?!"

We live in a small town. Everybody talks. He will make pariahs out of us. He already has the American Legion hating us because he went off on them.

14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    [:D] [:D] Jedi_Lover

I saw that Patton Oswalt outtake a few weeks ago (someone posted it in the E7 forum)and about laughed myself right off the couch. I too want to see that movie!

Have you guys seen the new Audi commercial? It's a Star Trek joke (Spock vs. Spock) but we're all nerds here! :)

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That is a great commercial. I didn't know the younger man was the new Spock at first so I didn't get it right away.

My kids watched the filibuster and then said, "I hope in EP7 we have a robot spider Chewbacca that can shoot lasers out of his butt!" Those boys are weird. :rolleyes:

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Double post

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. That was a great commercial. Lenard Nimoy is hilarious if you watch some of the old convention interviews/panels. This is my favourite:

My new text notification sound is Chewbacca roaring. It scares my cat every time someone text me XD

Alexis_Wingstar likes this.
  18. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I suppose that's a good thing then? :p
    My mum already has a grandson with another on the way, so there's been no mention of it. I supposed it's good as I can't have my own kids. :)

19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Well, work blocked the boards. :( ( I kinda wondered how long it would be.)
    I can use tapatalk but its more difficult and on the weekends I usually have a decent amount of time to be on so it was better to use the computer. Oh well....

My parents have grandchildren already but they really didn't get to see them grow up ( the youngest is 14) and my brother isn't going to have any. I want kids but currently have no significant other. My parents did say if I wanted to have a kid by myself they would be cool with that and help me, but I'm not to that point just yet. ;)

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My boys just went through growth spurts. I get startled when they walk into a room because at first glance it looks like a man coming through the door and not a 12 year old. My youngest grew four or five inches this school year. It is weird when they are taller than you and they have a better mustache than their father could ever grow.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, a couple days ago, I decided to throw my hat into the ring for the Hawkeye Initiative.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I was looking out my window and I saw a kitty across the street. I said "hello," and the kitty came running right over. So, I went downstairs and was greeted by a tortie kitty. She was real friendly, a bit skinny, so I pet her, cuddled her and decided to feed her, since she was meowing a lot. I opened my door and she came right inside, up the stairs, and waited for me to cook up a chicken patty, which I took downstairs and fed her on my porch.

I did my good deed for the day.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    TrakNar I think that cat is trying to adopt you.

24. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Cats always seem to know animal people, especially cat people. I had one recently that, fortunately, found her way back home (she's young and dumb and wandered away from the neighbours down the street), but she hung out at our house for an evening and did her best to convince me to feed her. Real sweetheart, was anxious to be held and reassured that she was okay. I wanted to keep her, but couldn't.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The Black tits in my garden have young ones. They are flying with caterpillars and more stuff to and from the nest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.