main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    My mum and step-dad only got married a few weeks ago. It doesn't seem right, if that's the correct word. Is it normal to say 'happy fathers' day' to step-dads?

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My parents and grandparents have all passed on and my father-in-law died a few weeks ago. So that leaves my husband and this morning he got chased off by a bear in the backyard. [face_laugh] I think that's funny. I went out and took photos of the tracks.
    [​IMG]

LexiLupin likes this.
  3. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    Hi there everyone!
    Also, I don' t know what to do with one of my characters... * Spoilers beware* Well, she is a clone, but not an exact copy of someone like many other fictional clones. Her creator tampered with her DNA( along with the DNA of the others of her kind) in order to make a brand new species for... some purposes( I' m reducing the amount of spoilers) . Physically she is almost indistinguishable from a human, and the internal biology is also similar so that only a blood analisys would reveal what she is. Other characters have no idea of what she is, but I want to make a revelation in order to make her tell about her past. The question is: how to do this? I wanted to change the color of her blood first, but this would' ve revealed her much before the cause of the story, and also would' ve added some Sueishness. I wanted to make her react badly to some substance a that would be harmless for a human, but this would make herend up at the doctor' s two times during the course of the story. Just when your character ends up at the doctor' s once during the course of the story, means they' re not invincible, but if they end up there twice, and especially if the character is female, they start looking like a damsel in distress. I really don' t like my characters acting like a damsel in distress( especially the one I am writing) , I always try to avoid the situations that might sexualise my female characters( because I really think a female character might be something more than just being paired up with the author' s fave canon char) , I want my character to look like a smart, strong and independent person, not like a chick to be saved. So, anyone has any ideas how to make an " artificial person reveal" without chickification?

4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I can throw out some ideas Master Elaine Nega. She looks human but maybe her senses are not exactly the same. Maybe she sees spectrums that humans can't or perhaps she can't see spectrums that humans normally can. Maybe her sense of smell is different or hearing. Possibly she heals from injuries differently. As for reacting badly to something...humans are allergic to a whole gamet of things...to including food, animals, sunlight, water, semen, or electronics (electrosensitivity). I guess you can have the person react to some substance but react in a weird way. For example, most humans are allergic to poison ivy and get welts. That's not unusual, but it the person's starts bleeding out of their pores...then that would be odd.

I saw this Star Wars father's day drawing over at dA and thought it was hilariously cute!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/A-Father-s-Day-Bedtime-Story-378271947

5. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Ehrmagerd, the awesome... a friend of mine is a co-owner of a fencing club; they're having a summer Star Wars camp.
    The lightsabers arrived a few days ago. :D

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My brother got me hooked on an online turn-based RPG, so I've been playing Conclave a lot. I also broke out my gouache paints the other day and did a quick painting of one of my figures. And on Thursday, I had a checkup and was told that my thyroid gland is enlarged, so I should get an ultrasound of it. Not sure what to think about that. :/

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It depends, my stepdad, as much as I dislike him, has been in my life since I was 5, so I bought him a $10 shirt I happened to see. In your case, I really wouldn't worry about it this year, or any year if you are moved out and if he's not a big part of your life.

JL, that's a great picture. Lol.

I just finished Kotor in 15 days, I feel like a loser. I have kotor 2 for PC. I've never actually finished it because it was so freaking slow on my old laptop. Perhaps I shall try again.

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I was back to the hospital today. I am sick of being sick. They took a CAT scan to see if I am having a diverticulitus flare up. :(

Doctor called--it is diverticulitus...which is a little like having an appendicitis attack. There is a lot of pain. I will be on heavy antibiotics for a couple weeks.

9. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    That sucks big time

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

10. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    double post

11. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I hope you get better, I love your writing, it inspired me to write my fanfic, and i have good news. my Kindle book is now selling five copies a day, and thanks to the inspiration, from the fanfic, my writing has greatly improved, and around July 30th, I'll be releasing "Meet Fred the Fire Truck'" the second edition to Amazon kindle.

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm feeling slightly annoyed at myself. All the rush of inspiration for fan fic suddenly went out of the window when my muse decided, "Nope! You must draw castles. Lots and lots of castles. And then map out the castles, mwhahahah!" These castles figure prominently in the novel I was working on last summer, so I guess it's time to snap open the old journal and do some backtracking because my source of inspiration is completely fixated on castles. :p

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    JL, hope you get feeling better.

I love castles (that's part of the reason why I chose Britain for my vacation -we are going to go on a few tours of castles). When I was in Cuba, I got to go into Morro Castle, which was built in the late 16th century. It was the best thing ever.

My muse has like shrivelled up and died. I was going to write a couple blog posts tonight, but my brothers finished their exams today, so I took them out for sushi. I ate too much. Now I want a nap.

14. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  15. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Not necessarily. We don't have any names of characters.

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't know about that. They could be casting for secondary characters and not the lead roles.

I want to stress Bleeding Cool have 100% confirmed that the following is accurate and that the open casting started today in the UK.

Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
    Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
    A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.
    Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.
    A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
    Forty something male, fit, military type.Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.

17. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    they could be, the episode seven boards are really active now, with this news,

and they're getting ready to launch a NSA forum.

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, I'm not ready to call the Eu dead until we at least get the trailer, if not the actual movie. For all we know, EP7 could take place 500 years after ANH (I'm very doubtful that it will take place that far into the future, but we don't know that). Apparently these are for LEAD characters, however casting calls are often made, even if an actor has already been sighed on for the roll.

Also the whole NSA thing makes me roll my eyes at Americans.

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Unless the casting of the Big Three was a hoax, I would think it will take place around 50 ABY. Unless there was a plague and the government decided to put its heroes into carbonite and thaw them out far in the future when they are needed again...sort of like Austin Powers. Groovy baby! [face_peace]

20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I don't know what EU you guys are talking about, but I've still got lots of Star Wars books on my bookshelves and Kindle.

Iverna and Juliet316 like this.
  21. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    So do we, and we'll still love iy, and explore it.

Congratiulations on your wedding. JM

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Wait. Were the big 3 recasted? There were so many rumours that I stopped paying attention.

23. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    they're basically signed up. they just have nda's

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That's what is being said, but I wouldn't put it past Disney to put out that rumor to throw us all off the trail.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    What? So did Disney OFFICIALLY come out and say they were, or is it still just a rumour?. THIS IS WHY I'VE STUCK MY HEAD IN THE SAND.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.