main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Briannakin, I don't think anybody at Disney confirmed it. I think the actors mentioned it...meaning it could all be a lie.

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Nothing has been confirmed about the Big Three being in the movie or not.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    The point is, right now we have so little to go on that it's silly to get worked up by a vague casting list. I'm sure that the casting directors/agents know more about this than what's on that leaked paper.

Of course, I do also know that Nina Gold is one of the casting agents involved in the UK, and that Benedict Cumberbatch took a call from her during the Star Trek press junkets at the beginning of May. Happened on camera. Could be related, might not be. Probably isn't.

Please let him play a Sith. Please let him play a Sith. Please let him play a Sith.

Ceillean likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Also those actors may be CGI characters like Jar Jar. Please not like Jar Jar. Meaning they might not play humans.

5. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    i really shouldn't jump to conclusions, we'll se what happens, i'll just concentrate on my writing.
    i'm enjoying writing my fanfic, and i've been invited to share a couple of stories at the local library.
    I love writing kids books, and short stories.

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I really don't care. I just hope the movie isn't all CGI. Lucas put so much stuff on the screen for the PT that it was overload. I hope they actually build sets and develop the characters.

Hey is FFN down? I can't pull it up on my computer.

7. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    JJ abrams loves real sets, and they're using Pinewood Studios in England.
    Abrams is a master of writing characters, and he gets Star Wars.

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for clarifying. I knew both Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were joking around in interviews months ago, but in both cases it was obvious that neither of them knew yet and they were obviously joking.

But yeah, it's stupid we are getting so worked over a VERY VAGUE casting list. There is so little to go on, people are horribly desperate. I'm going back to sticking my head in the sand now.

But I'd go for Cumberland as another bad guy for JJ Abrams.

9. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I can't get FFN either

10. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    FFN is back up.

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I hope EP7 is called Fifty Shades of a Grey Jedi written by ginchy.

Why do I have the feeling I am going to be very disappointed?

Iverna, ginchy and alex feola like this.
  12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    'Cause you like bootknocking, and this is Disney. :p

Juliet316 and Jedi_Lover like this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Isn't Ironman made by Disney? Tony is a bit of a playboy. I think he was having off-screen sex. That's all I want is some romance, like Han and Leia. Kisses are good. But with realistic dialog and no talk of sand.

14. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Well in his latest interviewJJ said he wanted a love story, so I think we'll see romance with the younger generation.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    It was a joke. o_O

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I've got an Ep 7 free comfort - fort over here, been here since the Ep 7 boards went up (looked around there and then left). Much better than having your had in the sand and and potentially getting grainy particles of it up your nose.;)

17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

ginchy couldn't write that. Her writing is away better than 50 Shades of Grey. ;)

Juliet316 and ginchy like this.
  18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005

hahahahahaaa, thanks gal! I did (unfortunately) read some of that mess and, well, wow. ;) But, trust me, @Jedi_Lover--when the film comes out I'm sure I'll be spending lots of time shining up the intervening years between ROTJ and Ep VII. [face_mischief]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    For all we know EPVII could be taking place right after ROTJ with younger people recasts as Luke, Leia and Han.

And if that happens, if the opening scene shows the massive battle station, The Eye of Palpatine, I will get up and walk out. No need to shine up anything at that point.

Iverna and ginchy like this.
  20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Didn't they say that the new films weren't going to follow EU and that it was all going to be separate? Or did I imagine that?

Iverna likes this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    No, I think somebody said something vague that they won't be confined by any particular storyline...or something like that. Honestly, I don't think they will follow the EU...but I think there is a chance that the Big three will have the spouses and children we saw in the EU. The only reason I say that is because there are certain things people expect in movies.

We expect that Peter Parker is raised by his aunt and uncle. We expect that Bruce Wayne's parents died. If Superman married Lois Lane in the comics (I'm not sure if that happened or not) then we don't expect him to marry somebody else in the reboot.

There are certain things people expect and they can forgive most of the other stuff that strays from the books and comics as long as the basics are there.

If Luke isn't married to Mara, I expect him to not be married at all...but that means he probably doesn't have any children to star in the sequels. I just can't see Disney having Luke have kids out of wedlock.

This is my prediction. Mara is dead, Luke is a widow with a son. The Solo's have a daughter and there is either no indication as to what happened prior to the start of the movie (other than the crawl) or there are vague hints that Jaina had brothers but they died.

I see no reason why we need to know everything that happened between EP6 and EP7.

22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised, and I actually hope for, something like that. I think what moosemousse is thinking of is that they said no EU book would be used as the plot of the movie (so we won't get a movie of Heir to the Empire or something) but that doesn't mean that all the books are wiped out.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    They could, but that would mean putting in new people to play the big three. I don't know how the fans would react to that.

24. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I would certainly prefer a trilogy that doesn't touch the EU at all but instead focused on other adventures had elsewhere. It's a big galaxy after all, and if it doesn't feature any EU then there won't be any conflicts. It's also interesting that Peter Parker was mentioned. I don't read the comics but it used to be Mary Jane he went out with, but in the new film it's someone else. There's also a difference between the two films as to how he webshoots.

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I noticed that and it bothered me a little. I think if he was married to her and had kids in the comics it would be more bothersome. I just figured this was some girl he was dating before he hooked up with Mary Jane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.