main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I swear to goodness mother nature is going through menopause here. Yesterday it was really hot (for here) at 30 C (86 F). Today it rained all day and was all of 12 degrees (53F). The weather has been really bi-polar lately. If it snowed tomorrow, I honestly wouldn't bat an eye. It snowed in August last year.

2. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    LOL I was in El Paso before we moved here. Thought the week of 107, 108 degree days would be the hottest I saw in a long time.
    Nope, OK won with several as high as 113 last August.
    I'm a pasty redhead; we're not cut out for this nonsense.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    That's what weather is like in Utah for a lot of the year. In January, we had temps of -11 F, followed by 50 F the next week. Then back down to 8 F. And in spring and fall, it's really schizo. You can have 70 degree weather and snow in the same day. Heck, it snowed on my birthday one year, and that's in July!

Briannakin likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    70 degrees today, but humid. I'll take it.

5. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    70 in Southwestern Ct, just had a thunderstorm

6. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I wish I could get a Thunderstorm, Alex. I need one....*whimpers* We're having this get together and its going to be out in the bleeding sun I'm like RAAAAAIN.

LexiLupin, even though I hate the heat...I'd rather live here than freeze. My family lives in Chicago.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    78, and we're likely getting thunderstorms here soon.

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, I can relate. The weather can never decide what season it is around here. In winter it can be -40 one day and 0 the next. One spring day a few years ago it went from snowing and like -20 in the morning to sunny and 12 by the afternoon. It never fails to snow on the first day of spring. Last summer ALL of Canada went through a heat wave... except for our town. It rained all summer :/ The coldest I've ever been in (in this town) is -49 C (-56F) and the warmest I've ever experienced here was 38C (100F).

9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Texas doesn't have very many of those days...but there was that one day...I think it was March, it was nice and sunny in the morning then mid afternoon the temp dropped drastically. I was like, where'd that come from.

And when I say drastically, it was cold for Texas standards.

10. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Well I'm a midwest native myself (Ohio), so I miss actual, you know... seasons. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Today was rainy, mostly. And humid. With more of the same to come.

My sunburn has progressed from painful, to abominably itchy, which of course I can't relieve by scratching.

12. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Don't worry. Soon, soon you shall peel.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Hooray!

...I think.

14. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It's true! I dislike people IRL but put me on IRC and I'll be chatting away happily. :)

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I don't mind people myself, I have a bunch of anime friends that I like hanging out with, but if you asked me if I was bored spending my time inside my house for all week...I would say, no. I can always find myself something to do.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have a lot of friends online, but none offline. At least not where I live. I talk to people and am somewhat social during community activities, but for the most part, I'm that quiet and aloof neighbor that no one knows anything about. Well, aside from that I make my own holiday decorations.

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm the crazy person who lives in the scary woods in the cabin at the end of the road. I have NEVER gotten a trick-or-treater. :p Which is too bad...I heard they taste like chicken.

18. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    *pictures J_L leading her two boys off Hansel & Gretel style when they get too annoying*

Iverna likes this.
  19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Being an introvert doesn't mean you dislike people, just that usually you don't like the stimulation that comes with large groups. To quote Wikipedia "They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy)." I think the reason the internet is good for introverts is you get the interaction of discussing what you enjoy but in an enviroment of your choosing which cuts down on overstimulation and it's not a social taboo to just not post something for a while if you are.

Anyone know their Myers-Brigg personality type? I'm a INFP :introversion, intuition, feeling, perception

Sorry, I find personality endlessly interesting. Maybe I should have been a psychologist. :p

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm ISTJ (Introversion, Sensing, Thinking, Judging). I took psychology in high school, but I've kinda advoided it in uni thus far. I always found birth order fascinating. I'm the second oldest of four, but because my brothers are twins, I have a lot of 'middle child' traits.

21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I took this recently and was an ISFJ (Introversion, Sensing, Feeling, Judging) which surprised me because years ago I was an E. I'm becoming introverted as I age, I guess. LOL But apparently this type "needs to be needed" and likes to serve others. This is why I work interlibrary loan, I guess. [face_laugh]

Funny that we're all I's so far. :cool:

22. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love birth order too! I'm the youngest but it gets a little complicated by the fact that my sister is 16 years older than me and my brother 6 years older.

I took 2 Psych classes in college, Psych 101 was terrible there because pretty much everyone had to take it and it was a huge class taught by TA's that didn't care. Developmental Psych was much more fun! (I wanted to take abnormal but you had to be at least a Psych minor to get into it. :( )
    It really is, but I'm not too shocked. Writers and big readers tend to be introverts, though I wouldn't be surpised if we find an "E" or two. ;)

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I am an only child, though I have two half siblings (but I didn't meet them until I was 24 so they're not really brothers, more like Facebook friends. LOL). I guess onlys are usually like the oldest child when it comes to birth order things.

I expect we have a lot of E's, too. I'm still surprised I'm an I. I think I'm like an Ie maybe. LOL

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Same here. I am the second youngest, but my older siblings are much older and were out of the house when I was little. My brother is 10 years older, then my sisters are 12 and 14 years older. I have a brother who is 4 years younger than me. So the oldest child was 18 when the youngest was born. Because of that I don't know if I should be considered an oldest child when it becomes to psychology. I tend to think of myself as a middle child.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.