main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My son and I went to see World War Z. I liked it. I think the visuals of the swarms of zombie-like beings were pretty cool. It was different from the other zombie movies which rely on grossing the audience out with gore.

I also saw a preview of a movie that might be cute. It is called RIPD. Rest In Peace Department. It stars Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds. It is about the top dead cops sent back to earth in bodies of living humans to bring justice to the planet. Except they don't look like themselves. Ryan looks like an old Chinese man and Jeff looks like a blond Playboy bunny. I know, it sounds silly, but it looked funny.

I found this Star Wars video hilarious:

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My roommate and I were wondering the same thing the other day. According to the Myers-Briggs foundation the individual types are all pretty evenly matched except for Sensing and Intuitive. 73.3% Sensing, 26.7 Intuition. As far as the combinations... they differ a little bit. It looks like ISFJ and ESFJ are the most common, with I being slightly more common. ENTJ and INTJ being the least common with E being slightly more common. (SOURCE)

Though I also wonder if there is some correlation to the personality type that is likely to take a personality test??

I've thought about seeing World War Z, most people seem to have enjoyed it. My roommates and I were discussing going to see it today (it was only one of several being considered), but ended up going to the Museum of Fine Art-Boston since today was the last day to see some Michelangelo sketches.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    What I liked about it was the low gore factor. I am sure there probably was a lot of gore, but none that I remember...meaning nothing grossed me out. It is PG-13 and I don't think movies like Dawn of the Dead were anything but Rated R. It wasn't a super intriguing movie, but I liked the visuals and I think there was a unique answer to the problem...at least I have never seen the solution of the problem they used in other movies.

I am still reading the Star Wars book Death Troopers and liking it. I guess I have a thing for zombie stories. I loved Sean of the Dead.

4. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I have yet to see WWZ. I think I'm saving my night out for July for the Wolverine. I know people say the entire movie is given away by the trailer. I don't care; it's THE WOLVERINE.

I'm not really one for zombie movies (though Warm Bodies was the greatest romance ever). I don't mind them, but there is usually something I'd rather see.

We experimented with catnip this evening! It was interesting. Our older cat wasn't really into it. I vaguely remember my sister giving it to him once; he went pretty wild, but never wanted anything to do with it again. He still didn't want it. Bad trip I guess. My kitten recently turned 6 months so we tried a tiny bit on her. She loved it (she tipped the bowl and rolled in it, then proceeded to attack the bowl). But she's pretty energetic as it is, so I'm not quite sure if her current wild behavior is the catnip, or just her being herself.

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    "Don't be creepy! Don't be creepy!"

Briannakin likes this.
  7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I am starting to peel. The actual peeling isn't a problem, but the skin separation and getting all those nasty bumps that itch... ugh. Can't wait to unwrap my new shoulders.

8. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    Also, what about this one? When I heard of it, the idea of zombie in love kinda made me LOL, but I haven' t seen it yet. What' s your opinion on it?

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    It was fun. I liked it.

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It was fun. Definitely not exactly 'change your entire life' kinda movie, but it was sweet and funny. My siblings and I somehow all saw it in theatres on the same day, yet we didn't go together. We all liked it.

Edit: Also, happy Canada day :p

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    This week is the week of the 150th here in Gettysburg. I get to look forward to bad traffic, fireworks, and cannons. And no bus service. The cat is not going to be happy, particularly about the fireworks and cannons.

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Their hearing is so much more sensitive, it's no wonder. Ours go hide in the basement during the fireworks. We live a block and a half or so from Brigham Young University's football stadium, where they have a concert and fireworks show every year, called Stadium Of Fire. The noise gets to be a bit much, but we have a great view of the fireworks. This year, Kelly Clarkson and Carly Rae Jepsen are performing.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    We had our Canada day celebration today. I went over to the neighbours. We drank poor man's margaritas and set off some fireworks. Every year the town I live in sets off a rather uninspiring fireworks show. It's not worth driving into town for.

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    One year, someone knocked over something and all the fireworks went off at once. It was a BIG explosion, and yet somehow anticlimactic.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I'd hate to be that guy.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Your reminding me of why I'm loathing July 4th this year. A few weeks ago, one family was celebrating a graduation and set off fireworks and got the animals in a tizzy, the dog kept non-stop barking and I thought at least one of our cats was going to have a heart attack because of how loud the fireworks were. I'm hoping nobody in the neighborhood decides to set off fireworks this year (or that Mother Nature pulls her occassional "bring down torrential thunderstorms" act and have that cancel their fireworks plans), but I'm dreading it all the same.

17. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Some idiots were shooting off fireworks Friday night. I'm thinking morons..you're two weeks off. It was scaring my dogs half to death.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    ACK! Mabel discovered that she can hop up on my drafting table and get near my laptop!

She also discovered that I put her back on the floor pretty quickly.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I would love rain. Rain would mean a break from 100+ weather.

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm torn on the weather thing. While I like the rain I hate walking my dog when it is raining.

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    6 AM and already over 80 degrees. Contemplating lying on the floor under our swamp cooler.

Today I'm gonna go to the craft store and get some fake fur to make myself a tribble. Maybe even two tribbles. A regular one and a zombie one.

22. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    It WILL NOT stop raining. Can we please send some of our rain out west? I would greatly enjoy that. It's giving me a non-stop headache.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    PLEASE send it out here, we're heading into a nasty drought and possibly a bunch of wildfires, just like last year. At least I don't have to be around acrylic monomer all day on top of that.

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Happy belated Canada Day to our Candian friends! :D

It's been raining off and on here for almost a week, which is kinda nice because it's mostly been 75-80 degrees instead of 90 +, but I hate the humidity... It makes me feel so gross. You get out of the shower and ten seconds later you feel like you need to get back in.

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday, but sadly Boston isn't making it much fun. The knee jerk reaction to the first major public even since the bombing means you aren't allowed to take coolers that are anything bigger than hand-held, no backpacks, everything has to be in a clear bag (not even grocery bags), ALL beverages have to be in sealed clear bottles, no reusable bottles. If this were something you go for a few hours and then leave I wouldn't mind, but you have to get there before 10am to get a decent spot and stay there all day long. There is no way you can stay there that long with only what you can bring in a hand-held cooler; though I'm sure plenty of people will try, just not me. :(

The town I actually live in is having a live music and then fireworks so my roommates and I are thinking about going to the Red Socks game and then to those fireworks.

25. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

We either have wildfires or nonstop rain. I guess I should be grateful we don't have fires this year. But I'd like for this headache to go away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.