main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My earliest Star Wars memory was sitting in a theater in 1977 watching Star Wars (I don't think it got the name A New Hope until later) for the very first time.

I know! Creepy! But it wasn't just him. She was flirting with Lando and making some odd comment about wanting to meet that miner. I thought she was in heat!

If you looked at my spoiler I was a little put off by the same thing. That was the only part that got me a little weirded out. I REALLY hope that is not foreshadowing for any upcoming book.

2. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012

I agree with you. I don't know why she was in there, other than what you said--which was probably the case. I would have liked to see Valin at least, even if we went for older Knights.

3. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I agree. You could have substituted any other knight into that situation. I would have preferred an OC...possibly a romantic possibility.

4. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    The mean reason I want to see Valin is, he was crazy for most of FOTJ and got a little time at the end, but I want to see his character expanded.

Its one of the main reasons I'm writing this fic with him Ben and Jysella in it.

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've known I would read it, but when I couldn't say, but after this I think I'll read it sooner rather than later. I LOVE Ben, always have, and it sounds like he has some great parts! :D I may even download it for Kindle tonight. Though I'm flying to San Diego later this month (where I'll hopefully, finally get to meet Commander-DWH in person ) so maybe I'll save it for the flight.

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    mavjade. Unfortunately there is not enough Ben, but near the end he does good.

7. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    No, there is not. I'm still holding my breath hoping they won't cancel the SOTJ trilogy.Though with Tahiri being in it, now, that I've gained a different perspective.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Aww... now I'm sad. Oh well, I'll still read it at some point.

I too hope they don't cancel SOTJ. I specifically asked the Del Rey people about Ben in it at C6 since he wasn't really brought up at their panel. They couldn't give me a specific answer but it left me very hopeful. (I haven't read anything about it since then so I don't know if there's been anything new.)

9. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    What's this about canceling SotJ?

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Didn't in one point in the books we thought he went Barvy again but was hiding it? Or with the defeat of Abeloth did that craziness go away for him and his sister?

And I really don't want to see Tahiri with Ben in any capacity and SOTJ has her listed as a major player. And I really don't like it because she seemed so flirty in Crucible. I just do not like the foreshadowing.

11. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, with the movie coming out...we don't know if the future books will be coming out.

12. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Ah. Well that would be a dumb reason to cancel; it's not like the whole rest of the EU will magically vanish because Disney changed everything. Why stop what's already in the works?
    Isn't Del Rey's contract up soon anyway?

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Maybe they will wait to see the script so they won't have things in the books going counter to anything said in the movie. I agree that there shouldn't be any other reason to cancel.

14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I was just thinking on the lines of what might be considered canon post ROTJ...we have books because they're no more movies..now that they're bringing in a "canon" story line with the movie...just has me wondering

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    ohhh I just came upon this: I want the Mara Jade one. They're being sold by Her Universe, going on sale the 18th​
    . [​IMG][​IMG]

16. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    But Mara's lightsaber isn't purple.

17. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    It is when shes the Emperors Hand. This is from the cover Choices of One.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Most drawings of Mara have her with a purple lightsaber. Palpatine did give her a purple saber for her work as a Hand. Luke did give her his father's blue lightsaber but I am pretty sure the grip was too big and she built her own. I can't remember where I read that though.

19. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

It's because they effed it up in some video game and gave her the wrong color lightsaber. In all of Zahn's works, she uses the blue lightsaber--and of course, she's still using it circa Sacrifice.

20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Eh., I'll take what I can get. It has Mara Jade on it, I'm not that picky.

21. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm hoping the Black series wave 2 Mara Jade Skywalker comes out in the fall.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't like the one on the left. It makes that skinny model look fat. I'll pass. I think I will just stick with wearing with my Mara Jade leather cat suit. lol! Black is slimming. :p

23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

It's probably just the angle.

24. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    So, I was deciding what to do with the ebay bucks I have and, I decided on these two puzzles.

[​IMG]

25. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Those are cool, you should have fun putting it together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.