main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012

I saw the Luke puzzle initially and was like, that's a very nice Luke image *grins* Then I saw the Bobba Fett one and how awesome he looked.

Speaking of images...you know that mem, Comes to the Darkside We have Cookies...

Well there was this other meme (w/ a picture) that countered it.

It said, the Darkside has Cookies
    The Jedi have Her

[​IMG]

(Not the actual picture)

mavjade likes this.
  2. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I found Burger King Star Wars glasses on ebay from ANH to ROTJ,

they didn't have them for the prequels though

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I really hope it still comes out as well! Last I heard, they were still doing the Black Series. *fingers crossed*

While I want to buy anything that has Mara on it so they'll keep making things with her on it, I don't think it will look flattering on me at all. :( I have a larger chest so a lot of things that hang like that make me look pregnant. Not to mention I think it would make Mara look weird. ;)

4. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    That's no model, that's Ashley Eckstein, I hope I spelled her last name right, she was the voice of Ashoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker's apprentice in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Well if you can't wear it, you can always hang it on your wall, like a poster.

5. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    Guys, anyone has email of RedLetterMedia? Just I hate them ( here are the reasons why) , so I decided to troll them by sending hate mail from multiple mailboxes. Just for the lulz, evulz, and moral satisfaction.

6. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Sorry, but I won't help you with that, and I'd advise you to reconsider. Sending hate mail isn't trolling, it's not particularly clever or funny, it's just hate mail. And it won't do you any good. Either they'll ignore it altogether, or they'll take action, and you could get into trouble. You might want to think about it some more. Hate leads to suffering, and all that. ;)

I'm not a big fan of that Mara pic. She kinda looks more like a Barbie than Mara. :p But I do like the colours. Her Universe has some pretty stuff, but they don't ship to Ireland. Grr. Although it'd probably be too expensive anyway. I was looking at a necklace on there before, couldn't have it, so I decided to make my own. It worked, and it was WAY cheaper. I do have to give them props for inspiring me, though! :D

LexiLupin likes this.
  7. Master Elaine Nega

Mar 30, 2013
    You don' t understand. I know I can' t do any damage to them, I' m just doing this for fun. I know it' s stupid, but it brings fun to me. It entertains me( yeah, I can be a jerkass sometimes) . And if I get in trouble, it' ll only make more fun for me, because those douchebags paid attention. I' m not stupid enough to hope that kind of action would bring them down, I' m just doing this to see what will they do or won' t do in that case, and LOL at them in case they do something( yes, I can be crazy sometimes) . Especially when it will be hundreds of hate letters( yes, I' m capable of that) . Also, I' m currently at the sea resort, and use the local Wi - Fi. Loads of people use the same IP, so I don' t think by knowing just the IP they' ll find out who did this right away.

8. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Okay I personally wasn't going to say anything...because I don't like insulting people. But that sort of sounds childish. I'm sure there's something else you can do that's fun.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Juliet316 , LexiLupin and Iverna like this.
  9. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Well, have at it if you must. I think it's pretty childish, and you'll have to figure out their email for yourself. :p But have fun, if that's your definition of fun.

10. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Also, you guys! I'm wearing shorts! For the first time in about three years! I almost forgot what a real summer's like. I can barely remember the last time the inside of my house was colder than outside. :p

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Master Elaine Nega Don't do it. If you don't like the videos, don't watch them. I think your campaign against the site is counterproductive. You are leading people to the site and they are becoming fans.

LexiLupin and Iverna like this.
  12. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Bad idea, always treat other people with respect, even if you disagree with them.

Juliet316 , Iverna and LexiLupin like this.
  13. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Yep. Even bad publicity is still publicity, and especially for provocative or satirical or comedy sites. The worst thing you can do to them is ignore them completely. As long as you give them attention and encourage others to do the same, you're doing them a favour. Up to you, of course. Like I said, go for it.Just be aware thart you're essentially doing them a favour with it.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Exactly!

Also, they probably will never even see your emails. I don't know about you but I get hundreds of emails a week from people I don't know and I never read them. I never even open them. Unless it is from one of my friends I just assume they are from Spammers. I am looking at my email count and I have 3226 messages and I probably read a dozen. You are going to spend a lot of time writing letters, sending them and they will most likely never be read.

15. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sending hate mail just isn't right. It's not fun, it's not entertaining. Very immature as well.

16. Master Elaine Nega

Mar 30, 2013
    Hey, I didn' t come here for a moral lecture! Also, the whole point of the campaign was to make fun. Also, right and wrong are man - made definitions.

17. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Sorry if I came across like I was lecturing you. That wasn't my intent. No one said you were wrong to do it, we just pointed out various consequences, that it's counterproductive, etc. Like I said, if you want to do it, go for it. Nobody's stopping you, or trying to stop you. We just responded to what you said with our opinions. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What do you expect? Half the time we are lamenting about how much we hate trolls and then you come around and say you want to troll somebody...it would be hypocritical for us to do anything but discourage the plan.

19. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Someone didn't get the responses she wanted from strangers on an internet forum and is surprised by that?

Oh.

Iverna, TrakNar, Draconarius and 2 others like this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Let's consider being nice in our example to her or this thread may be the recipient of hate mail. :p

21. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Serious non-lecture-y questions. How would you feel if someone did it to you? You say that right and wrong are man made definitions, so would you be ok with it? If not, why? What if their whole point in sending you all that spam hate mail was to have fun? Would you feel that was justification enough for it? I'm just curious here.

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Nearly done with my weekend. Today was good. I wrote an article, watched Glee and missed Cory Monteith because he was my favorite actor on that show for so many reasons, went to church, hung out with friends.

JediMaster_Jen and Jedi_Lover like this.
  23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    [:D] for DarthIshtar. He wasn't my favourite but I did like him. I'll miss him though, and Glee just won't be the same without him. :(

I'm glad my weekend is over. We had pipe burst last week so we had that quick fixed to stop it leaking. Then a plumber came out to fix it properly and he said to replace a whole load of piping. That piping happens to go under my floor so I've had to empty my room of everything. So now I'm left without my desktop, without my xbox, without my own bed, and I'm worn out. Oh, and I can't sleep because it's too hot, or something.

24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I don't pretend that I had a deep spiritual awe of him or anything, just all of my favorite comedy moments and half the drama moments from that show that I love are with him. :) I watched him in "Vitamin D" when he takes energy pills to stay awake and ends up being psychotically productive and laughed myself silly.

25. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm not a Glee fan at all, but it is very sad for such a young, talented man to be gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.