main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I survived! Granted, now all our crap is in boxes... but it's in the correct place! And the cats are grumpily adjusting but enjoying new explorations and lots of boxes and packing paper.
    And yeah, they send packers (it would have been completely impossible for us otherwise with that notice, so yay!). We just had to rush a bit to take care of getting cats out of the way, transporting a few things by ourselves, and getting the apartment in order to make the process go smoothly as possible. And this time, the movers actually helped the packers out, so they had our whole place out the door in 4 hours and moved into the new place in another 1.5 or 2! :D Now I can only hope that any future military moves go nearly as smoothly.

And speaking of old houses- we didn't get an exact year on the age of the houses, but we're living in the old part of post where the houses were built "in the early 1900s." They're amazingly cool (in an old house kind of way) and actually have a big storage space upstairs that used to be 'maids' quarters.' Ha. It's ridiculous.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Congrats on a smooth move. I know how stressful they can be. My grandparents enjoy moving for some weird reason. My cousins and I have become professional movers.

So, can I rant?

Today, I was going into the grocery store and my mother, brother and I nearly got hit by some 90 year old lady backing out. We parked right beside he so she saw us get out, but she backed right out without looking. We all managed to get out of the way in time, but looking back at it, I should have let her hit me. It wouldn't have really hurt me because I'm in a wheelchair and she wasn't going very fast, but it would have taught her a lesson. Maybe I'm just mean.

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Teaching people a lesson like that has crossed my mind many times when I'd be in situations like that. Some idiot goes speeding down the road so they can swing passed me? How about if I hit the brakes and let them rear-end me? Some idiot is trying to run me down while I'm crossing the street? Perhaps I shall pause and tie my shoe...

You're not mean. You just want to teach people a lesson the hard way. Sometimes, they need to be taught such lessons, as their skulls are too damned thick otherwise.

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    The guy who built our house in '53 didn't put insulation in the walls, and he built the fireplace over the wood panelling, so that it stuck into the fireplace.

. . . Yeah.

I spent the evening in the emergency room 'cause when I was driving home from dropping DarthIshtar off at the airport, I started feeling woozy and sorta disconnected, and nearly ran into a construction barrel on the freeway. There's apparently some compression and swelling in my spine from the accident last week and it got to the point where it was messing with my head. They did a CT scan and found something wrong with my right eye, too, so we're gonna see if my primary care doctor can get an MRI on my head.

At least I get to see a hot Irish guy next weekend.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I hope it's nothing serious! And you'd better sue the driver for all they're worth and more.

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah, technically? I'd have to be suing my mom, since we're the car that hit everyone else.

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Ooh, then nevermind. Then sue the people who inspected the car.

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Apparently, no one can figure out why the brakes failed, and why the air bags didn't go off. It's a big mystery all around.

So I'm laying here with a mild tension headache from my neck, don't have much energy. At least I have an excuse not to go anywhere today: It's a home game for BYU, I live a block from the stadium. Traffic is insane and people are crammed as tight into the on-street parking as they can get.

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I am back from San Diego. I had a great time seeing "Allegiance," seeing a bunch of tourist stuff, shopping and frolicking... Yes, I do mean frolicking.. on the beach. As in I was doing ballet in the waves and singing "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and bodysurfing. Only problems were when I fell down half a flight of stairs on Saturday and landed on my right ankle and shoulder. And then on Sunday, a bus driver at Old Town Transit Center decided to fold out the wheelchair ramp with me still on the section that flips over. So I have bruises and cuts and scrapes and have filed a complaint about the whole thing. It wouldn't be so dang annoying if it weren't for the fact that I work at a computer all day and my bruises on my left arm are right where my arm needs to rest for my keyboard. It was mildly amusing afterwards because it made me feel off-balance and shaky, which makes me really nerve-wracked. As in I put on Beethoven piano sonatas and burst into tears in the middle of the Waldstein. I don't usually do that. I mean, I've cried while playing Beethoven, but listening to someone bang on a piano doesn't usually make me cry for 10 minutes.

10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    [:D] for Dantana Skywalker and DarthIshtar!

Sounds like you have it worse than I do right now. I just have to worry about my benefits being stopped and trying to prevent that.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Hoo boy... the benefits... I'll need to do that yearly review thing soon. I may request the forms earlier, so I can get it out of the way and done.

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I have that starting on October 29. I wish my company would reinstate chiropractic.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Some day, I should consider seeing a chiropractor. Every night, if I don't stretch my back out proper and crack and pop my spine, it hurts when I lay down.

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    As a Canadian with 'free' health care - I must take this time to laugh.

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I am now 34 years old. I need a cane to wave at youngin's. ;)

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have a cane that I can wave at the young'uns! :D

I used it when I broke my foot, after I had gotten off the crutches.

17. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    If I may totally attention-whore myself for a moment- I'd like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to the thread in Lit where we are naming my unborn child. The thread is titled 'Remember that time we named someone's cat...?' and it's quite good times thus far. Trak has already logged support for the someday Doctor Zuckuss, MD. ;)

TrakNar and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Congratulations on your soon-to-be-new-arrival, by the way!

19. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Thank you! :D The hubby and I are quite excited- and on an epic note I forgot to include in the naming thread, I'm due on May 4th. If this kid is born on Star Wars Day, I just might have to give him or her a Star Wars name... [face_laugh]

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    That would be required, May the Fourth be with him/her. :p

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Congrats. Awesome due date if there ever was one. I might have to venture into the lit forum. Back in high school my band teacher's wife was pregnant and got all his students to put forwards names, vote on them and the top three, he and his wife would 'consider'. My contribution "Wolfgang" was in the top 3. They ended up ignoring all our suggestions and went with Sam.

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    My nephew is called Sam. Well, Samuel, but still . .

I think 'Ben' would be a good Star Wars name. It's not quite as obvious as Luke or Leia but true fans will get it. :)

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I like the name Ben, but I would never name my son that (if I ever have kids) because I have an annoying cousin named Benjamin.

I like the names Luke and Mara, because they are also biblical names. Winter and Talon are also good names. I know a Talon and one of my friends' sister has daughter named Winter. She also has 2 other daughters: Summer and Autumn. I WISH I were making this up. Thankfully she hasn't gotten pregnant again. "Spring" would be a rough name.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have a cousin named Luke. I've known someone named Galen, and I've seen "Leia" twice in two local graduating high school classes. "Anakin" is a member of the Southern York County Regional Police Department K-9 Unit, so if that's good enough for a police dog, it's a good enough name for a kid. I've seen "Jacen" at least once in some honor roll roster, as well. And "Jaden" is a fairly popular name.

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congratulations, Lexi!

I've liked the name Jade long before I knew who Mara Jade was but I figure if I ever name a kid that, people that know me would never cease to stop laughing (not that this would stop me) at me for naming my kid after a SW character. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.