main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I've always liked the name Thaddeus. And there's an EU character named Thaddeus Ross. Score one for the nerd.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Make it the 5th then you can name him Randy (after Savage and my brother/brother's b'day is the 5th).

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I bought myself a new laptop today. Toshiba Satellite. Dual-core processor. I've been too long without a portable comp, since my last one gave up the ghost a little while back. And it was nice to buy it and have money left over due to holiday pay and my new slightly-elevated salary.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Sounds kinda fancy. ;) Cool you got the money to get it. :)

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Not too fancy--it started out at $400 and then went on sale--but it has what I need as far as I can tell.

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Sweet! I'm trying to convince my mother to buy a netbook. Our family's desktop computer is dying and she's really the only one that uses it, since I have a laptop and my brothers have iPods touches. And she only uses it for checking her email and surfing the web.

Ugh. Holidays. I'm kinda excited for Christmas. Not Christmas shopping though. I think I am going to do all my shopping online this year because my exam schedule is stupid. Last day of classes is November 30, but my last exam is December 15 -.-

7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I've got classes fairly easy, aside from my Music one. Dropping that though...my GPA is only around 2.6 and I need to get that up...

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm staying at home for the holidays this year. Depending on who I draw for the family exchange, I'll buy online or in the store.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My GPA is going to drop after this semester. Stupid History of Ancient Philosophy. It's an interesting course, but the prof is an insanely hard marker. I got one of the highest marks on the midterm, and I got 73%.

I wish my family did an exchange thing. It would make life much easier. Instead we have to buy small gifts for each person. I got my sister's and her boyfriend's gift already. I lumped them together and bought them king sized flannel sheets (THEY ARE SOOOO SOFT AND WARM). I may go back and get the same thing for my mom and step-dad.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    We draw one person out of the siblings and in-laws and buy for parents and nephews. There's a $50 limit. My favorite year was when my brother-in-law Matt got me. He didn't know me very well at the time, but knew I was a pianist, so got me two tickets to see this amazing concert.

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That seems much more sensible, but my half-brothers are only 13, so they can't do the whole 'spend around $50' thing. We'll probably do something like that when they are older. I need to get my shopping done early this year. Last year was a fiasco. I wasn't done exams till a week before Christmas, and I had to spend exam period and the week after in the middle of nowhere, helping my grandfather take care of my grandmother (it was a miracle I got to all my exams). By the time I could shop, every shopping center was crazy. I ended up going to walmart at 3 am, a few days before Christmas. Some of my gifts were rather random (my brothers got iTunes gift cards and pop tarts) but everyone loved their gift.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I wanna get my shopping done ASAP. I don't have many to buy for, but I want them to like what I get them.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    No shopping today for me. I just returned from a 10 K charity WAKZ run. Its for the childrens hospital in Leiden named after our crown prince Willem Alexander

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I always do my shopping last minute. And this year, my shopping list is rather small. Not really looking forward to it, either. Meager funds and all that, plus the cost of shipping for those out of state. In fact, I'm not really looking forward to the holidays at all. My mom's in Florida, my dad usually does something with his ladyfriend, my brother will be dragged to his in-laws, my other brother and his family will be in Rhode Island. My plans consist of jack and all, thus I won't be attending any Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe I'll get turkey-flavored ramen or something...

15. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Haven't started my shopping yet... car repair kinda put a damper on it.

16. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have a fondness for the name Zebulon, because that is what my dad wanted to name me. Zebulon already refers to two EU things, the Zebulon-B frigate, and Zebulon Dak and his speeder company.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sometimes I wish my folks were a bit more creative with my name... One of the suggestions was "Bernard." [face_plain]

18. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Speaking as a long-time sufferer, I suggest something that a) is sexually unambiguous and b) can't be misspelled or mispronounced. I still get calls from people wanting to sell makeup to my evil twin sister Skippyna. [face_finally_amused_after_two_decades_of_this_nonsense]

TrakNar likes this.
  19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I ended up turning my name from sexually unambiguous into ambiguous. I haven't gone by my birth name in years. I've used my nickname for so long that it is now a legal alias.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My parents were a bit to 'creative' with my name. My mother wanted to name me Indiana (which would have been awesome), and my father wanted to name me Blue. They almost combined them. Instead, they thought of a REALLY REALLY unambiguous boy name for their daughter. I got so sick of it in elementary school that I changed it to my middle name when I got to high school, and it kinda stuck now that I'm in university. I've debated changing it legally, but my mother sends me on a huge guilt trip every time I bring it up.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That's a nice name. Our prince was Bernard.

My name can be a quite silly one in Dutch. I say Erna and the silly reply is where is Ervoor.

22. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I just confuse everyone because I go by a shortened form of my middle name, and always have. :p Almost everyone in my family goes by their middle names (weirdly, this holds true on both sides of my family- it was destiny), so that's not so odd, but the nickname just trips everyone up.

23. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I have an unambiguous first name (Alexandra) but with an ambiguous nickname (Alex) so it was still fun as a kid.

Also, general wisdom has it that nausea lessens after 12 weeks, generally speaking. As someone just beyond that who has had the worst day of it since the 6th week, I'd like to tell general wisdom to shove something.
    I'd also like to tell whoever dubbed it "morning" sickness to shove something as well. It is currently 8 pm and I am NOT a happy camper.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh dear, I hope it gets better. Apparenty my mother hand really bad morning sickness with my older sister - she'd be spewing and dry heaving though out the enire day. Yet with me and my younger brothers, she claims she never had morning sickness at all.

Any one want to do my history essay for me? It's only 1000 words but we are not allowed to do any outside research beyond these two primary sources, so we pretty much HAVE to agree with these two documents. I'm finding it rather stupid.

25. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Depends on the time period.:p

(in all seriousness, I am a History Major (or studying to be one))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.