main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hi Padawan4687 Welcome to fanfic! :D
    The best place to ask such a question is in the Writers Desk, we don't really talk fanfic advice in the social thread.

So... I have to go back to the DMV tomorrow. *sigh* The lady I got was really rude and non-helpful and since their website didn't actually tell me everything I needed, I was missing some information.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll copy-paste my response to that thread when the time comes.

I'm still waiting on a lift into town to get a new sketchbook. I'm cutting it down to the wire. I have less than ten pages left, and I can blast through three or four a night, easily.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I hope you get into town before you run out. I know what it's like, I live outside of town and I'm dependent on other people for rides or the world's worse bus system. IT SUCKS.

So, I was supposed to be house-sitting with 2 friends of mine from september-march/april. I was really looking forward to it, but then me and one of the friends had a really big disagreement. We have since made-up, but I have decided not to move into the house (for several reasons - one being that I just don't think we are cut out to be roommates right now and two, I have since discovered that it's kinda a hoarder house - some rooms like the kitchen aren't that bad, but the basement and the bedrooms are pretty bad, and I'm not up for dealing with it). I'm kinda disappointed that it didn't work out, but I keep telling myself it's for the better because a 3rd friend is taking what would have been my room and she needs it MUCH more than I do [long story short - she went to Bolivia, got some sort of parasite and now she's having seizures, blacking out, forgetting entire years and to make it worse, her parents just moved cities and if it weren't for this house sitting business, she'd be homeless (why she didn't just move with her parents, I don't understand - she's in love and being stupid)].

Anyways, I would still like to move out of my mom's basement and I'm kinda trying to decide if I want to wait till mid-December till one of the girls I was supposed to be house-sitting with goes back to Kenya, thus freeing up a room in the house, or if I just want to find an apartment on my own. I know my mother would like me to have a roommate, but I honestly think life would be easier without one. Is it really that bad living on your own without a roommate?

4. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    I guess my idea of character creation is kind of comparable to Frankenstein...my thoughts were as you begin the profile, the character is a baby. But he/she grows as the profile is complete, along with the RP the character was made for. The character for my story was moved to storage, which I pictured as a kind of bacta tank to keep it in stasis.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Hm... interesting. This discussion should be continued in the Writer's Desk link that mavjade supplied, else we'll incur the wrath of the gods. ;)

Anywho, Gettysburg has a lousy bus system, too. Also, the art store I need to go to isn't even in the same county, so getting there has been a problem, as Gettysburg doesn't have an art supply store. Their only store is getting rid of their art supplies and concentrating on models and trains. My only options are Wal-mart (which never has sketchbooks that I like, the paper texture is too rough and the binding blows chunks) and Staples (if I'm lucky and they stock better sketchbooks). Basically, my sketchbook options have dwindled to slim and nil, and my dad won't take me to the art supply store.

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    You guys! DarthIshtar and I went to this Richard Marx concert tonight, and he sang one of the funniest songs I have ever heard in my life! I found a Youtube video of it and had to share.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A refreshing change of pace from my cat barfing in my bedroom.

I cleaned it, turned on the fan, and it's had time to air out. Bedtime.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Bolivian parasites, 3 desperate young women trapped in a "collector's" house, parental abandonment, interpersonal strife... Best. FanFic. Ever. Oh, sorry, I just realized this was a true story in the social thread. :(

9. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Noted! *rushes out of the thread before said gods can be contacted* :p

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Briannakin I'm sorry the house sitting thing didn't work out, I remember you were pretty excited about it. :( I lived completely by myself for about 6 months and it was alright but I did find that I missed having someone to talk to after a long day (Calling someone just isn't the same.) and I'm someone who really does like a decent amount of alone time.

I think it just takes finding the right roommates. I've lived with people who were good friends and it was terrible but I LOVE the people I live with now (we've lived together for a year and are going to for at least one more year) and I've not regretted living with them for a minute.

11. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I have never lived alone. I went from my parents house to a house with two roommates and then quickly to living with my husband just before we got married. Every so often I wish there was no one to talk to. [face_laugh]

12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I only had one roommate that I ever liked. I almost always had a roommate while in the Army. I only lived alone for a about a year and that was only because my husband was off to a couple back-to-back military schools.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I live alone. I've had roommates before, but I was always happiest when I was alone. I get lonely, but I have a cat, so I'm good.

14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    My sister once said that best friends can make the worst roommates, and I think that would have been the case. I went over there today to help her move her stuff and I highly doubt that I would have lasted long in the mess of creepy owl statues and stuffed-lifelike dogs.

I'm considering doing it solo, or atleast trying it out. My friends are good at coming over if I REALLY need someone, and finding a roommate when your my age and going to university really isn't that difficult if I find I need one.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Best friends also make terrible business partners. Never go into a business agreement with a friend. Ever. Not without a proper contract, at least.

In terms of roommates, I've been roomed with former popular girls and cheerleaders, whereas I'm an introverted nerd who was bullied constantly. Yeah, that arrangement didn't work out. :p

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It is 11:24 AM, I just woke up, ate some fresh donuts sitting on the kitchen table and I found an ice cream cake in the freezer. It's my birthday. Woot! lol! My husband got it right this time. I can't remember if I mentioned it here, but last month he thought it was August and I got a birthday celebration with flowers, cake, ice cream and such. I looked at him and said, "Wow, thank you, but why are we celebrating my birthday a month ahead of time?"
    [face_laugh]

So I got two birthday celebrations.

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I lived alone at Uni and it was amazing. No one to make the place a mess, no one to interrupt me, no one to ask me to do things, no one there when I want to be alone. Of course, there was also no one there when I wanted company, but I was a short walk from the bars and stuff, so it's not like I couldn't go out and meet people.

18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Happy Birthday, Jedi_Lover That's very sweet of your husband. And hey, two celebrations is great! :D

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Happy Birthday Jedi_Lover! So sweet of your husband. :)

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks everybody. I hate holiday weekends. That is when the owners of the seasonal homes where I live come up. Usually I hear nothing around my house but birds and insects. Occasionally I will hear a car, but most of the time there is silence. But now somebody across the lake is blaring some horrible music. Their volume control must go up to eleven. :rolleyes:

21. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Hey, did you know the name of the planet Tatooine comes from a city in Tunisia, where I believe George shot beginning of the first film.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yes I did know that. It is spelled slightly different, though.
    [​IMG]

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Ugh, I bet that is a pain, J_L. :(

I hate holiday weekends because people tend to do stupid things more often on long weekends and that makes more work for me. ;) But hey, I get time and a half tomorrow! :D

Anyone read Kenobi yet? It's the first SW book I've blasted through in a really long time. (Granted, I haven't read most of the recent ones that have come out.) I really enjoyed it! You can read it even if you haven't read a single EU book and not be lost at all.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Halloween has shot up very high on my priority list. I need to start deciding on a costume, or start designing one.

25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    My roommate came up with what I'm going to be for Halloween... if we have a party.

I've only started really watching baseball this season thanks to my roommate, and I have a very strange obsession with the first base coach of the Red Sox. I'm sure he's a perfectly nice guy but he looks kinda creepy and he stands really close to the players when he is talking to them (I'm assuming so the first base player doesn't hear what he has to say) so I started lovingly calling him "Creeper". So I'm going to get a Red Sox jersey and batting helmet, a fake mustache and some glasses, then stick a really big wad of gum in my mouth and stand really close to people all night long. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.