main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Tomorrow school starts and the bedtime fight has begun. They have been sleeping in all summer. I have confiscated the laptop and iPod. If I don't my son wakes up after I go to bed and plays online war games until 5AM.

This first week is going to suck. My youngest wants to go out for JH football. That means practice from 4-6 PM. So I have to figure out how to kill two hours with my oldest son during that time. We live too far away from their charter school for me to shuttle him home and then come back to the school for my youngest. I told my oldest son (who is so very thin he looks anorexic) that I am going to get him a three month membership at my gym. When one is doing football the other can lift weights with me. He needs to bulk up.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    How? I want Pokemon on my iPad!

Watching the philosophy of the Matrix will segue very well into Mewtwo's philosophy of the self.

In terms of school, my niece and nephews are in school, so I should ask my sister-in-law if she wants to hang out.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I usually only buy Doctor Who stuff at Hot Topic. But this week, I bought a galaxy-print scarf. It's sooooo pretty!

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Sadly, it's an android thing :( It's a GBA emulator.

Hot Topic's Doctor Who stuff is pretty cool.

I start school Wednesday, as do my little brothers. I'm kinda excited (their not) mostly because I have a pretty easy semester with only 3 classes because they were offering NOTHING else.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    D:

I need to find an iOS emulator...

I also need to get to Spirit Halloween.

Well, I've since finished watching Mewtwo Returns with Mabel. Once Mabel heard that sexy baritone, she laid down and watched. She'd try to bite me if I pet her while she was watching it, she glared at me if I dared to comment, she'd do her pissed-off tail-twitch any time the Pikachu clone or Giovanni were speaking, she'd look bored when other characters were onscreen, but she'd watch when Mewtwo was onscreen. She also purred and got comfortable.

Mabel would have Mewtwo's kittens if she wasn't spayed.

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I got my laptop back from my son who was playing some games on it this summer. The keyboard is sticky and I can see crumbs around the keys. I had to get a paper towel from the library bathroom to try to clean up this mess. The moral to the story is never trust a 14-year-old with your computer.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Canned air. Canned air is your friend. Blast those crumbs into oblivion!

...He didn't sneak reads of your fanfiction, did he? That's what I'd be worried about.

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    None of my NC-17 stories are on my computer. There isn't anything on the computer that he shouldn't see. Also, he wouldn't waste time reading my stories when he can play video games.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've been tempted to venture into the NSWFF forum for a while. My muse hasn't come back, and perhaps dabbling in other fandoms will entice it to return.

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So, confession time. EVERY time I see NSWFF, the first thing I actually see is NSFW. I know I'm not the only one.

For awhile there, my muse was being so stupid that I actually thought about drabbling in Doctor Who fanfiction, or *gasp* original fiction (my last attempt at original stuff was a bomb, so I told myself I'd stick with fanfic for the next little bit). Thankfully my muse has seemingly returned to Star Wars (right before school too, what timing *eye roll*).

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    You're definitely not the only one who sees that, Brianna!

I just figured out how to block someone on ff.net! She's been harassing me for a while, making me dread updating my 'fic out of fear that she'd say something nasty again, and now I don't have to worry about her anymore! Yaaaaay!

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I had to double-check to make sure I didn't type NSFW. I always see that, rather than NSWFF. Hell, I'm hesitant to ever bring it up because it looks like NSFW!

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Speaking of NSFW, every time I update this one fanfic recently, and link the new chapter on Tumblr, I get some pr0n blog following me. Seriously, what the heck?

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Might come in handy for some... inspiration. [face_mischief]

In other, less naughty news... I have a painful crick in my neck, and the spider that built a web on the lamppost outside made out like a bandit.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Has an elaborate web, does it?

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Quite so, and it's chock full of bugs.

Meanwhile, the spider that lives beside my front door has three egg cases.

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Sounds like s/he's eating well, then.

The weather's started cooling off a bit here (low 90s rather than high 90s), and spiders are coming into the house more. I'm not pleased. We had a three-inch wolf spider in the basement the other day.

18. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I hate spiders! I better close my windows so I don't get any in my room. If I see one near my bed I can't sleep at all!

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My apartment is full of spiders. I don't mind, as they eat the bugs and doesn't afraid of anything.

I also rarely see them, aside from the one by my door, along with her egg cases and the many, many insect carcasses that I need to get around to sweeping up.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I love spiders. They keep flies, bugs and creepy crawlies away

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    To me, spiders ARE the creepy crawlies . . .

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, I started the day with the intent to go to an appointment and get meds refilled, and perhaps get that TV that I've been debating on getting for a while now, and then go home and do a quick recording session. The appointment ended with med refills and a lab order to get bloodwork done. YAY. I've gotten sick from lunch. YAY. Mabel barfed, and while cleaning, I inhaled the fumes from the carpet cleaner and have been coughing, so no voice recording today. YAY. Got that TV, though! :D b

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I too always see NSFW in NSWFF... you would think after years of it being around that would go away, but nope! Still see it.

Eep! Spiders! *runs away*

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've been so discombobulated today! Argh! Looks like an unproductive evening of watching movies with the cat and then hitting the sack early due to upset stomach and generally feeling blagh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.