main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Nope. Zuckuss is my avatar. That Gand sniper is just a generic Gand based on the Gand design from the New Essential Guide to Alien Species.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Is it the same species?

3. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yep, Zuckuss is a Gand.

4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay. I thought you would like it anyway. It is a nice painting.

Is it speciesist to say all Gands look alike to me?

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Probably. XD

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I bet their mothers could tell them apart.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Am back from inaugural Salt Lake Comic Con. Very tired, but I survive. And contrary to my mother's prediction, I not only got into the William Shatner panel, I was 5 rows from the stage. DarthIshtar took notes. Shatner's really funny. And when asked who he'd have play him in a movie, he immediately said, "Chris Pine!"

Iverna likes this.
  8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    So, final count on attendance at the con yesterday? 70-80,000 people. o_O

9. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
  10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    So only a handful then? :p Seriously though, I don't know how many people were expected or how big the venue is, but that sounds like a huge success! I'm guessing there'll be another next year. :)

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Definitely going to be another one. The only event we've had bigger than this was the Olympics.

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Blargle. I need to go into town. Lacking transportation sucks, as does lacking a nearby convenience store. Closest ATM is a two-mile walk into town.

13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Guess this isn't the time to mention I have a convenience store right outside my subdivision lol

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Currently, someone's building a convenience store about a mile down the road, so once that's finished, I'll have that around.

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    That's good news

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My nearest store is ten miles from my house. It is a gas station with a general store.

I am off my new medications and I feel a lot better. Stupid side effects.

You know I was watching a Disney movie the other night and it started with this uplifting music and the Disney castle logo. I then started thinking, "Is EP7 going to start out with Tinkerbell flying around the Disney castle at the start of the movie instead of the 20th Century Fox fanfare?" Another thing, Lucas didn't put the credits at the start of his Star Wars movies but then was fined by the union so he left the actors guild. Are we going to have to wade through all the credits before the movie begins? I am now starting to worry about this upcoming movie.

17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Yes. 20th Century Fox is not involved in distribution anymore.

No. Most big blockbusters don't put credits in the front anymore, including all the Marvel movies. Star Wars started the trend.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Good. I absolutely hate credits at the start of a movie with the exception of the movie title. I hope we don't see Tinkerbell, though.

19. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    IIRC, Tink isn't in the Disney opener anymore, she hasn't been for awhile, unless they brought her back. It's just the castle now, which will still be odd.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It would be cool if it looked like a scary castle and little tie-fighters flew around it instead of Tink. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Actually, I can totally see them doing that. They have been known to alter it for different movies.

22. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    It might actually have the Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox thing that all the other movies have. Afaik Marvel's deal with Disney included a clause to keep the Paramount logo for the beginning of the films, so they could've done something similar here.

23. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Wow, it never occurred to me that the 20th Century Fox fanfare wouldn’t open the movie.

For me, the fanfare is as much of the experience of watching a Star Wars movie as anything. They are so attached, that if I watch a non-SW movie I feel almost let down when the fanfare isn’t followed by the main title.

24. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I have exactly the same feeling about the 20th Century Fox fanfare! I saw ANH so many times when it came out, any other movie that came after that fanfare that wasn't Star Wars was a little bit of a let down.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I'm the same way. The new ones probably wont have the 20th century fox fanfare unless some sort of deal was made.

So, I bought this tunnel for my cat. It's about a metre long and she loves running through it really fast. It of course slides around on the floor, so she ends up sliding it and running into the wall. She's done it a few times. I need to feed her some catnip and film it in action. It's youtube gold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.