main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I don't have any writing to put in it while I'm at work (unless I put a shift note in, but I figure medical notes are practically their own language so it probably wouldn't work well), but it's an interesting concept!

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I studied male and female speech patterns back in high school psychology and I think this is based on that. I find it interesting to see how accurate it is for certain stuff.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't think it works. I was working on a story and went through and put different sections of the story through the analyzer and it gave me a different result each time.

4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It states that it's not meant for prose/story writing.

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, I just put in some of my blog posts and it gave me a different answer every time again. Although I did notice that when I put in journal posts where I was mad or irritated about something I almost always came up as Male. When I talked about my children or the cats it came up female.

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I copied and pasted in a recent rant I made on another forum about horrible officiating at a high school football game. Unsurprisingly, it came back with 85.74% male.

7. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I'm becoming a better and better plastic modeller, apparently. Going to the local hobby store the other day, I brought my most recently-completed model, a Soviet IS-3 heavy tank, to show to the good folks who work there. They've seen a few of my other works, and were agape at this one in particular. One of them was insistent that I produce work of such quality that it could be featured in the readers' gallery of an armor modeling magazine. Right now I'm working on an ISU-152 self-propelled gun that, hopefully, will turn out even better.

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    That's awesome Goodwood!
    I know nothing about models, other than I probably would get very frustrated with them. I couldn't even put together LEGOs when I was little (unless it was some random thing I was building.) ;)

I got a plot bunny for NaNoWriMo today and I'm so excited! It's the first bunny I've gotten for anything in a long while and it felt so awesome when it came to me! I miss that feeling... I hope it means it will start happening more often! :D

9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I found a baby king snake while out for a walk. I tried to pick it up to carry it away from the road, but the aggressive little guy would have none of that. So, I herded it across the road and to safety, and it curled up and tried to strike at me. I crouched down and watched it repeatedly strike at the air, and then decided to leave it be. Cute little guy, with such cute air strikes.

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    In a way, building models is easier than LEGOs because the instructions tell you precisely what part to put where, and you don't have to sift through big piles of pieces. On the other hand, the detail parts tend to be quite small, especially in smaller scales (I refuse to work in less that 1/48 scale for anything save ships and sci-fi models—the exceptions are models that are given to me as gifts or planes that are simply too big to make in the larger scales).

Here's to your bunny having a long life, whilst being fruitful and multiplying.

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That's awesome about the bunny! Feed it well. I wish a bunny would bite me.

I forgot, NaNO is in a month. I've wanted to do it for a few years now, but I've never been able to. With a total of 10,000 words due December 2nd for 3 research papers, I think nano might need to be put off again :(

12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
  13. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    So . . . I'm 9k words from my goal of 60k on my novel. I started the week about 20k from my goal, so . . .

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Good effort, Dantana. :)

Do you think the story will take 60k words to tell, or are you just setting a basic goal for length?

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Basic goal for length. Could be longer, I'm just shooting for that so it isn't too short.

16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Goodwood: that's great about the modelling. I've done a fair bit myself but I'm still not that good.

Dantana Skywalker: yay! Won't take long now before you'd finished it. :D

This might be slightly depressing, but I got a trophy yesterday. It's a forum one called 'Minos'. I've been on these boards for a day over nine years. Nine years and 15,617 posts! That's 4.75 posts a day. I think I need to get out more. :(

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    moosemousse: Did you ever post on the Bioware Social Network? Because I've seen a name similar to yours on those forums during the period between the release of Mass Effect 2 and 3. If so, you and I posted in several threads together...particularly against a certain uber-Renegade user.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I have but only three times, and it was about 3D printing Mass Effect guns. My name is the same here as it is there though.

19. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Ah, cool.

Now that you mention it though, the user I was thinking of was actually named "enormousmoonboots."

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Goodwood: because that's very similar to moosemousse! :p

This seems random but I'll be in Nevada next year for Burning Man. I might stick around for a bit longer, but I'm not sure yet. Anyone want to meet up?

21. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I have no current plans to be in Nevada. MAGFest down in DC, yes. Burning Man, no.

Though, if anyone else is going to MAGFest... :p

22. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    @ moosemousse I'm super jealous! I've always wanted to Burning Man... it's on by bucket list!

I unfortunately live nowhere near Nevada. :(

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm a state over from Nevada. My dad's been to Burning Man a couple times. I've always been curious, but have never gone.

So, for Halloween, I bought the XL size men's Star Trek costume shirt in red, 'cause it's the size to go over my chest. There's only one problem: the sleeves are way too long and wide, so I look like I have no hands. I'll be altering it. Anyway, I was running around the house going, "I cannae do it, Captain, I havenae got the hands!" My family now thinks I'm crazy.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Good thing you got Bones to help out. "Dammit Jim, I can't reattach those hands I'm a doctor not a...oh wait...I can do that."

Iverna likes this.
  25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I burst into my brother's room, waving my long sleeves, and said that, and he just about fell out of his chair laughing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.