main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I just love that they have the wii fit trainer as a newcomer. It makes me lol.

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Oh, her account's been deleted now. Iiiinteresting. Saves me the trouble of blocking her.

I don't play Pokemon. Never have. My brother did, though.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    You should borrow his games. They're fun. I'm filling up my Pokedex, caught 33 Pokemon so far.

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Gotta catch'em all! [face_alien]

Glad to hear that her account was deleted, Dant. Let's hope she doesn't decide to invade your game under a pseudonym; I'm not sure how Tumblr works in that regard, to be honest.

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    LOL. So in our yearbook, the grads were allowed a quote under our pictures (mine was "At the end of it all, no one remembers the normal ones"), but my friends was "Gotta catch'em all". The annoying yearbook squad tried to squash our quotes because they were stupid, but we won because the vice principal saw nothing wrong with them.

So my stupid cousin who came for the wedding got The Fox by Ylvis stuck in my head. I kinda want to kill him.

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've got a sore throat and a persistent cough. My niece and nephews made me sick.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I've never listened to that song, though I did try to listen to "All I Think About Is Stonehenge" or whatever it's called. That group is . . . seriously messed up.

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, they are Dantana.

Trak, I hope you get feeling better. Last week my entire family was sick, but I somehow didn't catch it. It was a miracle!

So, I found this really cool website for T-shirts and they are all $6. But if you by 10, you only pay $50. So I was going to buy my brothers 10 t-shirts for Christmas (because you can't get much better than $5 for a shirt). But when I went to the checkout, the shipping was $30. I was kinda miffed so I haven't ordered them yet. $80 for 10 shirts still isn't that bad, considering most places run you $15-$25 for a shirt, but I have this thing against shipping prices!

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    What place is this?

10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What is Tumblr anyway?

So I had a lot of drama this morning. I don't know if there is some sort of mutation on the Y chromosome of the men in my family, but they are unable to find anything unless it is 100% visible. They cannot fathom the possibility that something might be covering the item they are looking for. This has been an issue with me and my husband for DECADES! "My keys were right here!" He points to the dresser. "Now they're gone." He looks at me accusingly. I notice the morning's paper was on the dresser (he was reading it earlier). I walk over, lift the paper and his car keys suddenly materialized...obviously from some other dimension where his keys and other important items go when they are not openly visible.

That's what happened this morning. He is looking for his notebook. After searching and screaming in the room for ten minutes I asked him what he was looking for. I then timed myself to see how long it would take to find this item he searched for extensively. It was ten seconds. A piece of typing paper was sitting on top of the notebook...forcing it into an alternate dimension, I assume. :rolleyes:

TrakNar, jcgoble3 and Iverna like this.
  11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    You should get a 3DS and Pokemon X or Y. I have X and I'm loving it so far. It's a lot better than any other Pokemon game so far. Mind you, there are a lot more pokemon this time, perhaps too many. I'm used to a poxedex with 150 or so for the game with all the rest as extras. This seems to have all of them ever with a lot of new ones too. I don't know how many yet as the guide isn't out yet, but it's at least 300.

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    6dollarshirts.com - They have some really sweet tees. I'm trying to decide if my brothers will want $80 in shirts, or just the cash.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Spent all day in bed. My throat is still scratchy, and my laundry needs done, and Pokemon need to be captured. Met the villain of the game, yesterday. He wants to make the world FABULOUS~

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Sorry to hear about that, Trak, hope you feel better.

Went to the monthly atheists' meetup tonight after a two-month absence, which was due to being tired out from too much work at 7-Eleven. Today's meeting was a bit less organized than usual and more energetic, which was just fine in my opinion. I kind of like it when there's more conversation and less focus on events to come and such, though we did congratulate ourselves on having succeeded with our Adopt-A-Highway project in that we had earned the signs stating that our stretch of road had been "adopted by the Detroit Atheists Meetup. Of course, we plan to keep up the cleanup efforts.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    So there's more drama happening in my family. My cousin's husband kicked my 80yo grandparents out today, gave them 'til 10:30 tomorrow morning. They're spending the night in a hotel, but they have nowhere to go after that. We don't have the room for them here. I don't know what to do. I am so angry at all my cousins, for leeching off my grandparents for years, but as soon as they need help, they do terrible things to them. My grandparents have lost nearly all of their belongings, so all they have now, basically, are my grandfather's laptop and their clothes. And our church refuses to help. Their advice? "Take up a collection in the family." You mean, the family that won't give them a place to stay? What makes you think they're going to fork over cash? Idiot!

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm going to apologize to the guys here for the following generalization:

It's not just the men in your family, it's just men in general. My father swears up and down that the uterus has a homing device that is able to find anything. At least in my house it was always pretty true! :p

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    My father says that as well! XD

Dantana Skywalker: Sorry to hear about that, it's a really terrible thing for him to do that. Did he give a reason why, and did your cousin agree or disagree?

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    My cousin does whatever her husband wants. Never mind the fact that my grandparents paid their rent for FIVE YEARS because the idiot husband couldn't keep a job. Grr.

19. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Time to call the authorities and report elder abuse, then.

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm totally willing to do that, but what do I do with them in the meantime? Our state keeps expecting the LDS church to pick up the slack, and the church is saying no.

I just had some 20yo girl tell me to Google the metal band Slayer because I didn't appreciate some model's shirt that had "Bieber" in the style of Slayer's logo. I was like, "Kid, I was watching MTV before you were born. I know who Slayer is. Shut it."

21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Ooooo...there's one reason why I'm an atheist... :mad:

Hah! I've said similar things to people regarding the Internet, seeing as I've been active on it since 1995 and using it as early as 1988.

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not seeing the problem with the world being fabulous, tbh. I get the feeling that it's only for their benefit though, but if I'm given the choice between what we've got and smartly dressed overlords who'll make the world fabulous? It's a hard call. [face_thinking]

We have what's known as a 'man's look' in our house. It's where you look for five seconds and miss what you're looking for even if it's in plain sight. It doesn't help the case for men when a man fails to find something that us womenfolk quickly spot when we look ourselves. ;)

Wish I knew how to help with that. I know it's not a solution but maybe the hotel could help? I don't mean by letting them live there or anything, just maybe offer a discount or something so they don't end up broke as well as homeless.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I dropped my Pikachu (Lo-Watt Bulb) and Plusle (Mara Jade) off at the Day Care and they had a baby. :D

The baby will be up for trade when I get around to picking it up from the Day Care.

24. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I have no idea what you just said. I will have to get my son to translate this post when I get home.

Google Translate should add that to their list of languages. Translate young geek speak into old person English.

jcgoble3 and TrakNar like this.
  25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    At least I haven't yet delved into the intricacies of training my team. I've got this weird team, and I should really consider taking my Dunsparce off of it, but I really like her moveset, as she has Dig and Rock Smash, which has all sorts of uses outside of battle. My Steelix, too. But, alas, one of them has to go to make way for my Abra that so desperately needs trained. I may dump my Azumarril into the PC for a while and grind my Abra to decent levels against some wilds.

Confused, yet? :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.