main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Naproxen is useless on me, ibuprofen makes me sick, but Tylenol works fine. Most narcotics work fine on me, as well, but Demerol makes me violently ill, so it needs to be followed up immediately with Phenergin (however it's spelled).

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I can't have phenergan, it interacts with my antidepressant and makes my legs spasm. They gave it to me at the hospital in April when I had the sinus infection that was making me throw up and pass out, and we sat there for a while and watched my leg jump all on its own. Cyclobenzaprine does the same thing. I can have zofran without problems.

... One might read this thread and get the wrong impression of us. :p

3. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Lol, yeah.

I am resistant to sedatives, so any time I am sedated (which is any time I'm in the hospital. The minute that IV goes in, they want to sedate me, because I don't handle needles well), I need to be dosed double. Anesthesia, too. Otherwise, I'll wake right up, and with sedatives, the second I'm up and moving, the effects wear right off.

Anywho, on some other subject... I'm still sick, but I spread my pestilence around at the neighborhood party. All shall be infected. I also made my first trade with someone other than an NPC in Pokemon. Got a German Froakie. :D I may check out the Wonder Trade and see what I get.

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Huh.

To my knowledge I'm not allergic to any medications save ibuprofen, which only became apparent when someone mentioned the correlation after three separate trips to the emergency room for unstoppable vomiting culminating in nasty cases of the dry heaves. If only the connection had been bridged sooner... :p

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, one of your rivals (I guess, they haven't been as jerky as your old rivals were) apparently has a thing for you. It doesn't matter if you play as a boy or a girl. So, Shauna is your lesbian romantic interest.

TO THE FANFIC-MOBILE!

moosemousse and Goodwood like this.
  6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I was thinking the exact same thing! I think I need to do a MMM challenge just so I can write something mushy. It's really quite adorkable. Also, I don't think any of them are rivals as such. I know you battle with the trainer from your town but it seems to be more like friendly competition than actual rivalry. In the past the rival was just a jerk face rival, but in X and Y it seems you're friends with the others and you hang out with them. I can't help but wonder what it'd be like if you were one of the other characters. Maybe that's something to explore in a NSWFF diary. [face_thinking]

7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Stang, I just read that as NSFW...which kinda seems appropriate right about now. Also..."adorkable"? :D

TrakNar likes this.
  8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    We all read it as NSFW. [​IMG]

It is a nice change of pace from the jerk rival, though I wish Calem would train a bit harder. Every battle with him has been a curb stomp.

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    So I just woke up from a dream partially inspired by this thread, I think.

In it, I come to consciousness in some dark place. I'm confused, and I get up and run around and find I'm in some dark building and there are monsters everywhere. I scream, run, fall down a couple times, etc. Then I find a hiding place and crawl into it. Gradually, I realise that I've been given a hallucinogen and am in some sort of haunted house type thing, and there's some guy following me around. The hallucinogen wore off faster than he'd expected because I metabolise stuff faster. Anyway, I get up, and since I used to work in a haunted house, I'm no longer freaked out by the props. Some of them might be actual bodies, but I'm not thinking about that. I'm just pissed. I run around for a while, pretending to still be doped, grab some of the props and start plotting.

Through dream logic, unbeknownst to me (one of those things where I'm in the dream, and I'm watching the dream?), the guy is some psycho who at first was just getting his kicks kidnapping girls and making them run this gauntlet thing. But he's escalated to killing. Some of them he dumps, some he keeps. They've figured out who and where he is, and they're on their way. But I don't know this. I just know that I'm a vet of haunted houses, and I figure out the best place to hide and attack.

Cops get there, I've got the guy pinned and am viciously hitting him with a broken pole. They just stand there and watch for a while. One of them asks, "Shouldn't we be cuffing him?" and the head detective goes, "In a minute. I wanna watch this. Best thing I've seen all week."

Then I woke up.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I read it as that too sometimes. ;) Adorkable is like adorable but in a dorky kind of way.

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Dantana Skywalker that is one very detailed and weird dream. I would have strange and very complex dreams that my best friend who died really faked his own death and was working as a CIA agent. Sometimes I would wake up and be confused as to what was true or not. I guess I couldn't imagine him dead.

12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Gotta love dream logic. Goodness knows I've had my share of dreams that were just as vivid as Dantana Skywalker if not more so...particularly the dreams where I'm possessed of some sort of levitation ability and/or actual "Superman" flight. Often as not in those dreams, the truly captivating part is the landscape over or through which I flit and flutter.

13. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    The thing I find most interesting is the most vague. :rolleyes: I can't believe I have two more years of rumors just to find out everybody was wrong about everything. After all, I never heard of anybody in 1997 saying, "I heard Episode One will have a quirky character named Jar Jar that bumbles his way into saving the day during a galactic war." I shouldn't go over to the EP7/EU thread. They just irritate the hell out of me. As Yoda would say, "So certain are you?!"

I was supposed to go camping this weekend with the Scouts, but it has been raining non-stop. I decided to simply bring the kids to the Saturday events without camping before and after. I can camp in the cold, but not the wet/cold weather. I just cannot get warm.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    That's why I stay away from rumours.

Still at physical therapist office. Apparently my vertebrae all the way to T-2 were frozen. He thinks that's what was wrong with my gimpy left hand, too. He stretched my neck out (Ouch) and my hand doesn't feel weak anymore! I can also sit up straight without pain!

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Was it a pinched nerve? We got a new chiropractor in town that is cheap with $20 adjustments. The military doesn't believe in Chiropractors so they won't pay for it. I may check it out.

I had to go to PT for my neck that would snap when I turned it to the left. After weeks of doing PT they finally stretched my neck in some sort of traction machine. I felt better after that. I probably should get one of those inverse boards where you can hang upside down and stretch your spine. I just have never seen one in the local stores.

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Good news on the PT front, Dant! I remember going to a chiropractor about twelve years back (around then, anyway) and the first time I visited he asked if I was suffering from daily headaches. In fact this was the case, but I hadn't sought him out for that purpose; he had actually been recommended by my uncle and more to the point, I'd never been to one before. While I've had headaches since, they've been infrequent at best and there's usually a readily-identifiable root cause (not enough sleep, not eating enough, or an actual bug such as cold/flu). Sometimes I feel like going back to one, just to work out the kinks...

There's some contention in the medical realm in regards to the scientific merit of chiropracty, and while some things like "Contact Reflex Analysis" seem to be precarious at best evidence-wise, I've not been into the details enough to know what basis there may be in dismissing it as legitimate practice. Can't deny the results, in any case. ;)

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Woke up sicker and phlegmier. I ate something spicy and I'm feeling and sounding better.

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    All I know is I never met a person who said, "I went to a chiropractor and it didn't help." Usually people are happy with the results.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Time to go to a chiropractor! I've never been to one and lord knows I could use a visit. I've had back trouble for years.

21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Tried out my airbrush for the first time this evening.

Let's just say that while it could've been much worse, the German three-tone panzer scheme of dark yellow, dark brown and dark green applied to a Panzerkampfwagen VII King Tiger probably wasn't the best paint job to start out with. I've got a Sherman tank ready to go that just needs an overall coat of Olive Drab, so maybe that'll go more smoothly. It's already been spray-painted all black for the base color so maybe some interesting shadow effects can result.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sitting on the couch with Mabel and watching videos. I may hop on my computer later, we'll see how I feel. The spicy food didn't thwart the ugh feeling for very long and I'm back to feeling pretty damn lousy.

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    That sucks, Trak. Hot bath or shower is my recommendation.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I may take that hot shower later and have some hot tea. I'll be hitting the sack early tonight, as I've been slumped on this couch and feeling listless.

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    My grandfather swears on Irish brandy (I think that what it is) whenever he's stuffed up. But hot baths always do it for me.

I pretty much want to smother my best friend. The bridesmaids' shoes are in and she wants us all to come try them on. This is the same wedding where the groom hasn't proposed yet. UGH. It's like, who the hell are you and what have you done to my friend. I'm pretty sure I'm going to snap on her, so I'm just avoiding her texts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.