main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Maybe I have a raging case of writer's block. :p I just couldn't write today.

This has to be the cutest video I have seen in a long time:

Yeah, I know, instead of writing I am watching cat videos.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I hope everything is okay, J_L! That sucks you have to worry about it all weekend. :(

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Found two stick insects today, and my legs are really sore from lurching around last night. Haven't even started for NaNo. Still hitting a block.

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I got a BluRay drive for my PC to replace the aging (and failing) DVD-RW burner that had been my only optical drive. Sadly, it looks like I'll have to get another SATA cable if I want to run both of them at the same time (such things can still be useful). Oh, and I also picked up Battlefield 4.

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I was thinking of getting Battlefield 4 for my son's birthday but I instead pre-ordered Call of Duty Ghosts. The only reason I did that was the poster at the store had the soldier pulling off his mask and I thought the bottom part of his face looked like Ryan Reynolds (voted sexiest man alive in 2010 by People Magazine). I figure if I have to watch the kids killing aliens all day it might as well be by a soldier that is easy on the eyes. :p

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Are you kidding? I'm just waking up after my baseball bender. :p

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Blargh. Got a sore throat and I've been sniffling and sneezing. I was sick two weeks ago, I don't need to be sick again!

8. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    DarthIshtar: I hope you enjoyed yourself. :)

TrakNar: I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't just a bug you keep catching. Maybe it's an allergic reaction to something.

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll be getting both at some point. Ghosts will have customisable soldiers with the option to be female as well. Both franchises are very different though so it'll be interesting to compare the two.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If it were an allergic reaction, it would happen right away, not a day later after I've left.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So I was sitting at church today and we were all inspired and edified by the words of one of the speakers, President Vincker. The next speaker came to the pulpit and started quoting and expounding on all of the things said by his predecessor, but he kept calling him President Sphincter. I feel so bad for him at the moment that someone tells him that's not the speaker's name. He was a great speaker with an unfortunate memory for names.

12. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Oh dear. I think I'd have a hard time keeping anything resembling a straight face through that!

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Now you have me wondering what the guy's name actually was.

My boys and I went to see the movie Ender's Game. I kept thinking, 'Harrison Ford doesn't look bad in this movie. He would make a great elder Han Solo.' The movie was pretty good. My son read the books and said the book was better than the movie. Then then kept telling me how the two differed…for the next hour. :rolleyes:

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Jedi_Lover, President Sphincter's name was Vincker.

And yeah, we Ender fans tend to go on...and on...and on... and differ in our opinions. I know hardcore fans who liked it a lot more than others who are just as hardcore. I want to know the opinion of the author's niece, who is a friend of mine.

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My son asked me about the Grand Prix. What was funny is he thought Prix was pronounced in a way similar to Twix the candy. I don't think I can write the real word without violating TOS. :p I was concerned by his interest in the Grand Prix at first.

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Grand Pricks? :D

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Pricks, as in I prick myself a lot when I sew (it's allowed to be used as a verb here). My cousin used to be obsessed with Mario Cart double dash, he said it the same way.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, that is what he called it. :p

19. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I saw Ender's Game today . . . and left my coat in my seat. Went back to get it, it was gone. Theatre people say they haven't seen it. :(

20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Sorry to hear about that, Dant. I just never take my coat off.

21. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I was sweltering in it, though. Thing is, it's the second time in as many weeks that I've got up and left it behind. Last time, my mother was with me and grabbed it. This time, she wasn't.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I hope you find your coat Dant.

Well, I guess it's official. My best friend is getting married. She now has a ring on your finger. I'm kinda glad that we aren't forced to sneak around 'planning' this wedding, and 21 isn't an outrageous age to get married considering she wanted to get married last year. But at the same time, I still have my doubts. They've had some big issues (and that can be either good, or bad for a relationship) and they are still working through some stuff. Any suggestions on how I can get over my jealousy and doubts and really be happy for her?

23. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Since you no longer have to worry about handling a disappointment of such magnitude, Briannakin, I humbly suggest that you take a deep breath and relax a bit. If the couple can get along, great. If they can't and your best friend asks you for advice, give her whatever you think is best. As for your jealousy...maybe you can try to find someone for yourself?

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. I really need to just relax and roll with it. They're the type of people to stay together, even if they're miserable. But I guess if being together till death makes them happy for the short-term and the long-term is up in the air, then whatever, it's their life, not mine and I need to remember that. As for finding a boy for me, I've always prided myself on not letting my relationship status determine my self worth (but if a guy were to come along, I wouldn't be opposed to that). I guess I'm just having a "grass is greener on the other side" moment. I just need to remember that while she might be married at 21, when I turn 21, I'll still have all that to look forward to, and if it never comes, I'll still have a great life exploring the world, flirting with guys on different continents and not being tied to anyone. Neither life will be better, they'll just be different.

Sorry for the mini rant. You guys are like therapists :)

25. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    That's the thing about the intertubes, Bri. We're a social species and in communities like this we can develop webs of interconnectedness that can be healthy for the individual...or not, depending on a number of factors. In any case, that seems to be a pretty solid self-evaluation, and hopefully it will work for you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.