main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Apparently your teeth are, however. ;)

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My apartment is now clean. Time to stare blankly at NaNo because my muse is still dead.

3. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I voted!

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm stranded in the middle of a major creative drought and it sucks, sucks, sucks.

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I got some writing done, but I have not caught up to where I should be yet.

I finally got a hold of my doctor and was told one of my medical tests came back abnormal…but they don't know why, but they know it isn't cancer…although they are not sure what is causing the abnormal test result…but it's probably okay…the doctor said she will check again in a few months. The physician thinks it is my stress again. Almost all my lab tests in the last six years have come back abnormal, but further tests have proved them as false positives. I guess after a dozen biopsies the doctor wants to err on the side of recklessness. :p That's okay, I am tired of going to the doctor all the time.

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Now that the active high from cleaning wore off, it's back to feeling blaaaaaaaaah. I want to curl up with the cat and sleep. I suppose I could put in a movie or something and just veg.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Curling up with a cat is always good for what ails you. Unless you're allergic to cats. Then I don't recommend it.

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I tried curling up with the cat. Then, I started coughing and Mabel left. :(

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Aw. :( My cat sleeps on me, and if I cough, she just gives me this look, like "Why are you disturbing my rest, human?" And then she'll settle herself back down, usually on my chest. Have I mentioned she weighs 15 pounds almost? I wasn't allowed to pick her up for six weeks after my surgery, because I wasn't allowed to lift anything that weighs more than 10 pounds.

I raided the leftover Halloween candy, and had an Almond Joy. I have found that chewing coconut does not help with tension headaches.

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I hate coconut. Absolutely hate it. Not the taste, though, but the texture...it just irks me for some indefinable reason.

I also miss my big black cat who weighed twenty pounds and had a meow like a high squeak. He was front-paws declawed, yet managed to kill two mice in a two-week period, and seemed quite pleased with himself.

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    We had an 18-pound black behemoth who was a huge chicken. He squeaked, too. The neighbours through the block poisoned him. [face_plain]

12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    If I blew on the back of my kitty's head, he'd turn around and nuzzle my face.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My cats don't mess with me when I sleep. I guess I have a habit of thrashing about and knocking them on the floor. The cats sleep on my husband. One on his feet, one on his chest and the other on his head. I don't know how he tolerates being pinned down like that.

The only time I ended up with a cat on me is when he went to a school out of state for his job this year. It was the only time he hasn't slept in the house since we got our two younger cats. The first night that he was gone I woke up with a cat lying across my neck. I guess that cat just had to have a human to sleep on. I shoved her away and I think she went to sleep with one of my sons for the rest of the week.

14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I have a lazy black cat that weighs 15 pounds of mostly fat. You can see his fat belly swinging from side to side with every step as he walks down the hall. If you toss a toy across the room, he'll just lay there, look at the toy, and then look back at you expecting you to play fetch instead of him. He'll play with a laser pointer, but only for a very short time before he gets either bored or worn out (I haven't figured out which).

He won't sleep with me, probably because I toss and turn too much. My dad lays down in one position and doesn't move until he gets up, though, so the cat has no problem sleeping with him.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    The only time I'm able to sleep in one position without tossing around is if Miw is curled up with me.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel eventually came back and curled up on my lap. She usually either sleeps at my feet or right beside me in my bed. Last night and the night before, she's been sleeping on the window sill above my bed. I'm waiting for the night when she falls off and onto my head.

17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    My cat is notorious for falling off of things. It's not a side effect of being fat, either, because he's been falling off of things long before he became fat; in fact, he's been clumsy ever since we brought him home from the animal shelter at six weeks old. He's almost 13 years old now, or 67 in cat years.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I CAN'T STOP COUGHING! D:

Time to take some more cough syrup. This cold needs to go away. My nephew's birthday is this weekend.

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Whoever said cats are graceful didn't actually own one. Mine fall off of things all the time. Or do things like jump onto the sofa and faceplant into the back of the seat.

20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Lemme guess: as soon as he would fall or fail to hit his target, he'd shrug it off nonchalantly, as though he meant to do that. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    No, she's not that smart. She sat up, looked really confused, and then ran off. This was the day before yesterday.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel has a bit more grace. She's not the bastion of grace, but I haven't seen her miss her targets very often. She almost slid off my lap the other day, but she was sleeping.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I had a cat that would jump from the couch to the coffee table, but would misjudge the distance and would skid off the other side onto the floor. I don't think she ever mastered that jump.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel has found a new hobby in sitting on the sill above my bed and kicking all her hair down onto my face.

25. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    So guys, question... I haven't posted a story since we got the new boards so I'm not sure about this. Do people still use PM lists or do we use the tag function now? Is there a new shiny esy of doing things?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.