main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Sorry to hear about your son JediMaster_Jen. Best wishes on his full recovery.[:D]

2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    He's doing well. His one friend is still in the hospital as well, but is also expected to make a full recovery. His mother has been in a medically induced coma since the accident. I just thank God my son was wearing his seatbelt.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I really hope everyone makes a full recovery. That really sucks that you've had a rough few months. I hope things look better soon.

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    After 18 days of no school the kids finally are returning to their studies. Hubby has to bring them since I don't trust my car to make the hour drive there and back. I hope it will make it to the repair shop now that is is a balmy -4 degrees windchill instead of yesterdays -15 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edit: I went to the auto shop and bought the mother-of-all batteries. They ran a diagnostic and said my old battery was at 75% power which was good. They thought some of the corrosion on the terminals could explain the lack of electrical power. I got a new battery anyway. the old one was 5 years old. Hopefully that will work.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Thirty degree weather sounds really nice. I may walk out to the store in that.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My boyfriend and I have booked a trip to the Dominican Republic in April and I've been torturing myself looking at pictures of the resort. It looks so warm and nice! I can't wait! :D

(I actually don't mind the cold and have been enjoying it ... even the crazy temps recently, but by then I will be soooo ready for 80 degrees! )

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That sounds sweet! :D Are you going to a resort like Sandals?

It is supposed to get up to 30 degrees this weekend. I used to always feel like slapping my husband when it would get up to 30 degrees and he'd say, "This is Michigan T-Shirt weather", but I bet 30 degrees will feel balmy after the week we had.

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yep, we are going to an all-inclusive resort, but it's not a Sandals, It's called Excellence. I decided after I went on a cruise last year that I liked paying for everything up front and not having to worry about money while you were on the vacation. (Though we will most likely be partaking of the spa at least once which is not included.)

I do think 30 will feel nice after this weather. I's supposed to get to 50 here on Saturday (but rainy), that will feel down right hot! ;)
    (I actually hate it when this happens, I'd rather it stay cold until it's time to warm up and stay warm.)

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    [​IMG]

He immediately popped into my head when you told me the name of the resort. Hopefully Mr. Burns doesn't own the place. :p

mavjade and TrakNar like this.
  10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    This weekend I'll be babysitting my niece and nephews. I have written up a syllabus for a drawing lesson, which should occupy a few hours. Going to teach them the basics of shading.

...if I can tear them away from their tablets that their other aunt got for them. [face_plain]

On the other hand, it may make the night go quickly if all they do is play games. :p

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Mav will be away while I'm in the middle of final exams, so, if you start planning now, you guys may be able to take down the boards as a late April fool's joke :p

Can we please take a moment to appreciate my witchy-bridesmaid VICTORY. So, bride was going to make her grandma (hobbie sewer) make all 5 bridesmaid dresses in Arizona, while all the bridesmaids are in Canada. I thought this was a baaad idea from the start and made my opinion quite clear. After her grandma finally gave her an estimate last week, the bride came to her senses and decided it wasn't fair (with some convincing from me) to make her grandma make 5 dresses in less than 6 months (it wouldn't save much money anyways). So the bride found this website she LOVES that will make the dresses we order custom fit. Her original plan was to get us all to pick different dresses and get them in the same colour. But 3 of us LOVE the same dress, and one bridesmaid (the girl that was really mean to me in high school) picked this god awful dress that me and the bride both hate. So we are waiting for the 5th bridesmaid to weigh in. If she likes the dress the 3 of us love, we'll probably be able to convince the bride to 'force' us to all wear the same dress (she's already considering it). What is even better is this dress comes in knee and tea length, so the bride gets the knee-length bridesmaid dresses she loves, and she's more than fine with me getting the tea length one because I'm tall and in a wheelchair, anything at or above the knee is baaad news.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    As someone who rarely, if ever wears a dress... yeah, I know all about flashing people without trying. I'm sure a few people saw my zebra-striped underwear the last time I wore a dress! XD

Congrats on the victory, though.

Earlier, I laid to rest two ink pens. They had served me well, but their time had come. I hummed Taps as I tossed them into the garbage.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My cats are driving me crazy. They yell at me to let them out, but when I open the door they just stare at the frigid snow outside and refuse to go out. It is like they expect me to turn up the temperature outside.
    [​IMG]

jcgoble3, TrakNar, Goodwood and 2 others like this.
  14. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Those kitties are SOOO cute! :D *embarrasses self*

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Uh oh... I didn't think of that! :oops:[face_worried]
    :p

Bri- I'm glad the bride has come around and I hope she does decide to just go with what you all picked!

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    That's how Mabel acts, depending on where she is. Here, outside is overrated. When I take her to my half-brother's, she'll happily go outside and then sleep in the cold garage until I bring her inside and she realizes that the house is not only heated, but she's allowed to sleep there.

17. Jinn is MINE

Jinn is MINE Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2005
    Yes, Bri, congratulations on bringing sanity to the wedding. Having grandma make all the dresses -- long distance, too -- would have invited things to come in and go wrong. It's much better to get someone who does that all the time. Let us know how the dresses come out.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I am so friggin' hooked on wasabi peas. I also want more of those delicious brine pickles. I know what I'm asking for my birthday!

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My sister's cat is doing the annoying "I want out!" 5 minutes later... "I want back in!" thing. It's going to be one, long, annoying winter. And then my cat wanted out, so I let her onto the deck and put her front paws in the snow, she's like, "nope, screw this". She was fairly pissed at me after that.

The 5th bridesmaid has yet to weigh in, she's sick with strep, but I like both the dress the other girls want, and my back up dress, so I'm fine either way. I'll post a pic once we decide. I'll take whatever sanity I can take with this wedding at this point. The bride wants everyone to be happy (with 5 bridesmaids, that's hard), but she also wants her way, and she'll be passive aggressive till she gets what she wants.

Wasabi peas are good. You can buy them in bulk here.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    They're sold in the bulk candy aisle here, too. I bought a can because I was at a store that didn't sell them in bulk. Been munching on them for a while and now my nose is running.

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Is that what the green sauce that goes with sushi is made of? That stuff is harsh. I got my son to try it. He totally freaked. lol!

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Wasabi is the plant (in the same family as horseradish and cabbage). It is typically made into paste and served with sushi and sashimi but it can also be made into powder and put onto fried peas. My best friend's family always has Japanese exchange students. I know way too much about vinegar rice, raw sea creatures, pickled ginger and wasabi.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I used wasabi peas to knock out a developing cold. The cold barely registered a blip on the radar before I killed it with horseradish spiciness.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm not a fan of spicy foods, really. I'll put some wasabi on California rolls just to give them more flavour, but I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to wings and stuff, but I've never thought of using spicy food to kick a cold. I guess it does clean out sinuses.

Also, I just love it when things go my way. The last bridesmaid weighed in, she was fine with wearing the dress the 3 of us loved, so that convinced the bride to go with the same one for all of us. The 4 other girls will be wearing this dress in blue, and I will be wearing basically the same dress but longer. So everyone is happy, and I'll basically look like I'm wearing the same dress, without looking like a giant amazon slut in a wheelchair (I have pulled this look off before, but not at a Christian wedding).

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.