main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yikes. I hope you both feel better. I will never forget the time I was only about 4 years old and my sister and I were living with our grandparents along with 3 of our cousins, and our grandparents and our mother had to go 10 hours south because our grandmother had just found out she had cancer (for the second time). So our single uncle was looking after 5 kids (ages 4-14) for a week and we ALL got the stomach flu, including him, really bad, and to make matters worse, there was no one he could phone to help him. I just remember being in a large bed surrounded by people vomiting into buckets. Of course we all get better the day before they got back. I don't think he ever forgave anyone for that incident.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Tried some soup, as I thought that perhaps I was hungry.

Nope, feel worse now.

Bleh.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    All I want is to hold down water, but it won't let me do that. I still try; I'm getting dehydrated. I was up all night. Yuck! My son had the flu shot, but I didn't. I wonder if that is why he got over it quicker?

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    That and the fact that he's younger could probably help him get over it quicker. I remember when I was a kid and I got a flu or other type of virus all I needed to do was throw up once and I'd feel better

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    The flu shot has nothing to do with stomach flus. The fact that he's young and got it all out with one epic bough is probably why he's feeling better already.

6. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I learned rather harshly that ibuprofen doesn't agree with my stomach. Took at least two trips to hospital before a friend finally made the connection for me. I remember one particular instance long before it got that serious where, after eating a large bowl of cereal and taking a pill to get rid of the headache that was still flourishing, I then had to go shouting for Hughie down the great porcelain telephone rather loudly...

...except it wasn't a simple shout, but a great hose of masticated cereal and half-digested milk. You never forget a vomit like that.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What a colorful mental image you've painted, Goodwood. That's what happens when you masticate.

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Gross.

Anyway.

There's a snowstorm headed my way. I'll get my skis ready.

9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    History lesson: the term "vomitorium" actually refers to the large entry/exit portals built into large arenas, including the Circus Maximus and the Colosseum, that allowed large numbers of people to enter and exit the facility in relative order (basically, the forerunners of modern stadiums).

Romans didn't practice "binge and purge."

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Learned that in Humanities years ago.

Anyway.

So, yeah, snow's a-coming. Along with another arctic blast. Can't wait! This storm's gearing up to be a Nor'easter.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Okay, I laughed at this for a good five minutes, I think that's the best description of vomiting I've ever heard, and I've heard some good ones working in a hospital.

Everyone who is sick, please keep your germs to yourself! :p (Also, I hope you feel better soon! [:D] )
    There's been a nasty cold going around my department, nothing worse that a room full of respiratory therapists who are coughing, have runny noses and look half dead... probably inspires great confidence with our patients. Luckily, I've managed to avoid it thus far.

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I knew that thing about vomitoriums. I learned it from a Youtube video.

So, it was really nice here for the past few weeks, right around the freezing mark. Then last night it decides to go to -20 and has gone down from there.

I learned about this amazing program this morning where the Government of Canada basically pays half the travel costs for university students to go to France and visit all the battle sights that Canadians were involved in in the First World War. I was going to apply, then I looked at the dates, I'd be getting back into Canada the night before this stupid wedding. UGH, I hate being loyal to my friends sometimes. I could probably swing it, but I'm just going to leave it till next year (they run it every year).

Edit: Mav, I hope you avoid the sickness.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That sounds like a sweet deal. Hopefully you will get it next year.

Well, I dragged myself out of bed at 2PM for the one hour drive to get my kids from school and bring them home. I made it, but the trip home was iffy. I didn't want to make them dinner since I was sick so I bought them fried chicken from the local deli. Normally chicken smells great, but the ride home was nauseating. Every smell made my stomach lurch. Half the time I had the window cracked which isn't fun since it is 9 degrees Fahrenheit outside. I made it home though.

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    mavjade That's why I'm a writer, dear... ;)

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I decided to check out some Friend Safaris in Pokemon and I caught a shiny Aipom. Third Aipom I encountered, and she was shiny. She's all pink! I chucked that Quick Ball as fast as I could and named her Pinky Pie.

A pic of my shiny Aipom.

My first shiny Pokemon ever! After months of playing, I finally captured my first shiny Pokemon! She's so pink!

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Your reminding me of the time I projectile vomited everywhere in the bathroom, thanks to a nasty case of norovirus I caught from one of my jobs. It's always lovely seeing forest green vomit all over the bathroom toliet, floor and shower.

Anyway, anybody else ever drift off to sleep and end up with weird dreams. I did that earlier and dreamt that I was at a New Year's party in Times Square and Switzerland was somehow wiped off the map.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Let's see... multiple invasion dreams, either of our own planet or other planets, dreams of slave uprising on other planets or in other eras, zombies, general weird creepypasta (somewhere back a few pages is my Espurr creepypasta), time-traveling forensics teams solving murders in other eras that were caused by creatures that were displaced in the timestream...

I think there's a season of Doctor Who right there.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I think my house has its own polar vortex. My kids and I get in the car this morning and the car exterior temperature gauge says it is -22 F. I was terrified the car would suddenly die on me like it did the last time it was this cold. Luckily we make the 30 mile drive to their school and when we get there it is a balmy -4 F. So I drive home and as I near my house it is getting colder and colder until I move up my driveway and it is back to -22 F. What the hell?

I think I am getting over my flu bug. I am feeling a little better. Last night I woke up totally covered with sweat. Usually when that happens it means I am getting better.

Edit: I had to drive back to the school. My other son started throwing up at school. He said he felt fine this morning, but he started feeling sick during second hour class. Poor guy.

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have below-zero wind chills and need to shovel drifting snow. Can't wait. Perhaps that's why I'm trying to find all manner of excuses in order to delay the inevitable.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I was listening to the news last night and the weather reporter said, "The scene outside looks almost Star Wars-esque. I expect to see TaunTauns running by any minute now".

I thought that was cute.

jcgoble3 and Juliet316 like this.
  21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I shoveled Hoth away from my door. No one's plowed through here, yet, so people are sliding around. I'm hoping that the snow doesn't delay the grocery run, as I want to go into town and get a few things.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I feel sorry for the people in the south where there aren't many plows. I remember when I lived in Alabama. I was taking a college class that had a three hour lab. At the start of the class it started to snow. All the students were freaking out. The professor was from Wisconsin, so to him it was just a dusting. The students were asking him if they could leave and he laughed saying that the snow was barely sticking to the ground. I spoke out and told him, "I lived in New York for years, so I know this isn't bad, but you have to remember most of these students don't know how to drive in cold weather. When they go into a slide they slam on the brakes (before anti-lock brakes) and go into a spin. In three hours I will be terrified to get on the road because it will be full of people who never drove on ice and snow before."

He dismissed the class. Which was good because going home I saw a car crash on every bridge that froze over. I am not joking. It was like a smash up derby.

I hope you can get some shopping done TrakNar.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I'm glad I have nothing to do today.

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I was glad not to have to go to work this morning, I would have been fine going if I had to, I just would have had to leave really early(and I HATE leaving as early as I have to anyway). The part of the T (Boston's subway/trolly system) I start on is above ground so it sometimes gets slower with a lot of snow.

Jedi_Lover - That was good logic with your professor, I too probably would have been laughing at the people freaking out. But you are right, the people who never learned to drive in the snow don't know how and can be dangerous. (Not their fault, it's just the fact of living someplace where it doesn't snow.)
    And LOL at that weather report!

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My son has slept for the last 24 hours with a few breaks to puke. Poor little guy. This stomach flu sucks. You know my kid is sick when he hasn't played a video game or turned on a computer for 24 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.