main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Wow. He must be sick.

So, Mark Hamill is doing an AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit in 45 minutes, I'll post a link when it's up, but does anyone have any crazy questions they want me to try and get answered?

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ask him if he really did call out "Carrie!" Instead of Leia by mistake in ANH.

3. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    The AmA is finally up, I'm not sure if I can post a link because the website can get NSFW and there may be spoilers for EP 7, but if you google Mark Hamill Reddit AMA, you'll get it (or PM me).

I've asked the question, but the thread was up for 44 seconds and there already were 88 questions, and he's only going to do if for an hour, so chances are slim, but it'll be a great read afterwards.

Edit: LOL. And the page just crashed.

4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It figures. With EP7 coming up I would assume there would be a lot of questions about that. I always thought Luke said, "Hey Hey!" when he met up with Leia and Han after blowing up the Death Star, but others think he said, "Carrie!"

Edit: My husband is now puking. That stomach bug went through the entire household in one week.

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I highly suggest finding and reading the AMA. My question didn't get a reply but it was still great. He talks about guacamole, avoids questions about ep7 (no comments on the Carrie Fisher leak earlier today, but now I'm firmly convinced he's in it) and then Peter Mayhew crashed the thread.

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Mark Hamill was talking about the blue milk. I realized I've tasted what he is describing. It is the non-refridgerated, high heat pasteurized, boxed milk I used to drink while in Germany. It was a little sweeter, but not bad.

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I hope everyone in your house gets better soon, J_L!
    I know quite a few people the same thing has happened to, no one is sick at the same time but everyone is getting it. :( I hope it just stays away from my house. ;)

I haven't read the entire Mark Hamill AmA, but what I read of it was great. I think my favorite answer was how the power converters line has haunted him so, and he defends that it had to be whiny to show Luke's growth. (Some one asked if he ever got the power converters.)

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Robot Chicken reveals that the Power Converters were actually the stage name of a group of pole dancers at a strip club.:p

My fat cat is in my In-Box on my desk and snoring.

[​IMG]

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. You've got mail!

The power converter answer made me laugh. I just loved that Peter Mayhew crashed it. William Shatner actually crashed Peter Mayhew's AMA last year, so I'm surprised Shatner didn't join (he is known for crashing the odd AMA).

I have run into my ever-lasting first world problem: free shipping requirements. Long story short, I use infusion sets with my insulin pump (basically a needle attached to this weird sticky pad) but if I'm a dummy like I was today and shower right after putting a new needle in, the pad does not stick well and the needle starts to slip out. I was complaining about this on another site and someone recommended a brand of skin tape that they use for this exact same problem. I found a Canadian site that has it, but it's 19.99 (it's a giant roll of it) but the free shipping requirement is $25. So I can either spend another 5.01, or spend 4.99 on shipping. I have this weird thing where I REFUSE to pay for shipping if I can get it for free, but there is nothing on this stupid medical site that I want. I think I have issues.

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Is the roll so big that you will never use it up? If not, buy two rolls. Or maybe buy something from the medical site that you don't need now but might need in the future. How about bandages? Wound care supplies? Scrubs? Gloves? How about that cream you put on your hands to prevent your skin from cracking when it is a billion degrees below zero?

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I thought about getting 2 rolls, but apparently these rolls last quite a long time and I'd like to make sure it works before having 2 in my house. But I just looked to see if the have band-aids and they do, so I'll probably just be random and a pack, even though I can get them cheeper in town. I hate paying for shipping THAT much.

12. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Is it normal for cats to sleep in their litter box? Mabel's gotten into that habit. I picked her up out of it just to clean it.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Well…it is a box and cats love boxes. I've never seen my cats do that though, but the house has plenty of other boxes to sleep in. I'd say put a box near where you hang out or near a window and maybe she will use that instead of the litter box.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Cats will choose the strangest of places to sleep. One of mind occassionally sleeps on top of the water heater.

15. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    I didn't know stormtroopers could dance.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Bri - Before I got Amazon Prime I used to do the exact same thing, I'd find something I wanted/needed to buy to get free shipping. That's a big reason I love Prime so much, I can order just one thing and get it in two days. If it's not Prime, I probably won't order it.
    Unfortunately this has ruined me for ordering from other places because I expect everything to be here in two days. ;)

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Amazon Prime spoils people :p I tried if for a month and loved it, however the amount of things available on the Canadian site pales in comparison to the US site. I can still buy stuff on the US site, but it often does not qualify for free shipping. I think I'd get Prime if the Canadian site had more stuff, but as it is now, it would never be worth it.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My guess on why Mabel's been sleeping in her litterbox is because it's very private (wedged between the toilet and tub) and warm. My bedroom can get a bit drafty.

I bought her some sushi-shaped cat toys. She doesn't care,

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My cats refuse to play with anything except springs and pom-poms. They are cheep cats. Also, my kitty, Agatha, turns 1 on Sunday (probably, her exact birthday is unknown)! I got her some really nice wet food that her older brother will probably end up eating.

My cousin's wife just had twins boys. Everyone is happy and healthy, but I'm waiting for my other cousin (his sister, a A VERY blunt person) to explode because of their names, and I'll be on her side when she does. Their names are Kenon and Lyndon. Kenon is not too bad, but LYNDON? I'm sorry, but all I can think of is Lyndon B Johnson. With the exception of me, everyone in my family has pretty average, basic names, so this is a big deal.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I like Lyndon. It's classy, like Thaddeus. :c

21. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Hahaha!

My name is pretty darn boring, actually, but I like it. At one time I wanted to change my surname to Skywalker, but eventually dropped the idea.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    IDK. I don't mind classy names but Lyndon is the just dude that was president during the Vietnam War (do you know of any other famous Lyndons?). I guess it could be worse. Boring names are boring, but some are safe, some aren't.

I thought about changing my first name legally (it's that bad), but dang, there's a LOT of paperwork. I actually found the paper my parents used when brainstorming baby names for me after I was born (my female bits came as a surprise to them, so they though about scrapping my boy name they had intended for me, unfortunately they went back to it in the end). There were a lot of cool names and a lot of weird ones. I was actually Kinsley for a few days, which isn't a bad name, however, considering my aunt ended up marrying a huge Nigerian man named Kingsley, I'm kinda glad they changed it. Other names in the running included: Indiana, Dakota, Jacoby, Shiloh, Blue (I can't make this stuff up), Nadia, Sasha.

They should have named me Sasha, I would have been a sassy Sasha :p

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My name came from a posh hotel in Baltimore and was decided upon last-minute. I was almost an Emily. Had I been male, I would've been a Bernard.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I used to play on a wheelchair basketball team with 3 Emilys and an Emma. There were only 5 of us. Yeah, it was confusing. I don't mind the name Emily, but I know waaaay too many.

25. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    My sister is named Emily, and she married a man named Sean which is, incidentally, my name as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.