main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I keep seeing EVIL too! Glad I'm not the only one!

I'm so excited, I'm going to leave the Eastern Time zone for the first time in my life on Friday! Granted, it's only to Central so therefor only 1 hour difference, but hey! at least it's something! ;)

2. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Speaking of Central Time, as one who only lived in Eastern until the last couple years:

Last night on FB at "1 a.m. redux"-

Me: I love seeing the clock go from 1:59 to 1:00.
    Friend: The change was an hour ago, you aren't just now changing it, are you?
    Me: I'm in Central time.
    Friend: Okay, just making sure!

1) I'm not sure she really understood my answer (I didn't really understand hers, anyway).
    2) Or possibly she doesn't understand that everyone changes at their 2 a.m., regardless of time zone?
    3) What on earth difference does she think it'll make if I turned my clock back at the wrong hour in the middle of the freakin' night?
    :confused:

And on that note, as it starts to get dark at 5:30... I hate the time change. *pout*

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Never been a fan of it, either.

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I loved the extra hour of sleep, but now its 4 here and by the sky, it looks like it's the middle of the night. And so the 18 hour nights begin!

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My brother and I had a nice discussion about the buyout last night, and we've admitted that it's a good thing that Lucas sold Lucasfilm. Otherwise, he could have just let the whole thing die. He felt it better to pass it along to someone who would care for it (not sure how well, yet), so that more and more people can enjoy it for years to come. And that is an admirable thing to do. If I had built an empire... I would do the same.

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    As much as I joke around about GL inventing selling out, it is a good thing. My sister's boy friend and I talked about it last night. GL has been in the business long enough to know who is going to treat his life's work the best, and Disney was the right choice (look at the sucess they made out of Marvel). I don't think Disney was the only name on the table and I don't think the decision was made lightly.

In general, I think I'd rather have crappy movies then to let Star Wars slowly die out.

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Your sister's boyfriend and you had the same conversation last night that my brother and I had.

Hmmm... [face_thinking]

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I agree...just go easy with the Jar Jar characters. o_O

ACK! I had a crappy morning. I set my alarm for 6:15. At 7AM I wake up. I'm like, "Arrggg, I over slept!" I jump out of bed all disorientated. My husband said, "I thought you weren't going to get up because I could bring the kids to school today."

"Are they awake? Are they dressed? Did they have breakfast? Are their lunches made?" I ask him. He looks at the clock. "No, we have 15 minutes before we have to leave."

[face_phbbbbt] So I have to run around and do everything I usually do in an hour in 15 minutes. I need to get a new alarm clock or a back up clock.

9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Ugh, I hate that feeling of being late! I've started using my phone as an alarm clock and it hasn't failed me yet (so long as I remember to set it!). If the power goes out, it still wakes me up, and it automatically adjusts for time changes.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I use my phone as my alarm clock. I even have an alarm set to tell me to go to bed! So far, so good.

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My alarm clock was cheep, runs on both batteries and plugs in and has yet to fail me (except when I forget to set it). But it's really fast. Every 3 months it gets 10 minutes fast, so I have to set it back.

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Off until Wednesday. I'm going to vote early, come home, play piano and then watch political movies like 1776 and Revenge of the Sith and maybe West Wing episodes. And I'm writing Palpatine. And unfriending anyone who calls me to whine about how we've elected the Antichrist like last term.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Gah. I'm a Canadian without TV and I'M sick of the US election. That's one of the many nice things about Canada, it's 3-4 weeks from when a new election is requested to a new government is voted in. Then you don't even have to think about the federal government for 3-5 years.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    On the one hand, we have Obama, who I voted for four years ago. On the other, we have Mitt Romney, who my family knows from being Bostonian Mormons (much smaller world than you might think). I know who I'm going to vote for. I've known for sure for almost two months. I won't discuss it here. I just want the whole thing to be over with so my friends can be boring about things other than politics.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    LOL! Yeah, it's become waayyy too much. I wish our elections were more like that!

I've pretty much stayed away from facebook because I'm so sick of the election being the only topic of conversation. At this point I don't care who wins (okay, that is a lie) I just want it to be over, but I know we'll have to discuss it for weeks afterward. [face_sigh]

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I voted. And that is ALL I will say on it.

17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Force, I hope we don't have any 'hanging chad' fiascos! That Bush/Gore election was painful!! I hope for a landslide so we can get this over with and we don't have a recount. And I voted...and there was actually a line. I live in a town with a post office, a gas station and a township office as big as my living room (seriously that is the entire town--three buildings). It is SMALL...and we had a line at 10AM. I am impressed with the turnout.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I got up at 8, left around 8:45 to go to the polls. On the way there, I entered a drawing for 2 symphony tickets for this Friday. By the time I got to the polls, I'd gotten an e-mail back telling me how to pick up my tickets. I quickly got time off frm work for it (Paid), stood in line for about 40 minutes before voting and then walked back, feeling very American.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I voted.

Many places were using paper ballots, including my local election house. I don't take that as a good sign, as it brought back memories of the Bush/Gore election.

20. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    This should bring back memories...Florida is a 50/50 split right now[face_plain]

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm preparing for a recount... but not from Florida. I'm waiting for it to come from Pennsylvania, where we used paper ballots!

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Actually Penn was declared for Obama a while back. So no recount there :p

(and Florida is now 50/49 pro-Blue)

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Hooray, Pennsylvania! You did the right thing. :)

24. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Actually, the shocker is that North Carolina and Virginia are so close...Southern States that are leaning quite blue. Interesting...

EDIT: Still going Romney in all likelihood, but closer than expected.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I hope the turnout changes. I'd rather Obama. I don't have the money to flee to Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.