main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I want to go tubing.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Me too. We used to have an epic sledding hill at the elementary school a block from here, but then they put a giant playground at the bottom and now we can't really use it.

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The slopes weren't as icy as they were the last time, so you couldn't pick up a lot of speed. Barely made it to the last ridge, and no one was making it to the airbags at the end.

4. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I went tubing back in January, but the mountain was losing snow fast (it was 50 freaking degrees at the lodge) that it wasn't the greatest time that it could've been. Also, the ski hill had made some changes to the tubing slope. As in nothing was the same. The old one was a pulley system dragged you, sitting in your tube, up to the top of the tube slope. On the new one, the line up was at the top, and a conveyor took you back up afterward.

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That sucks. One time I was sledding with my father using garbage-bag-covered pieces of card board (we were poor) and we were sledding in some park. My father and I somehow managed to go so fast, we overshot our "runaway strip" and ended up on the road with oncoming traffic. My father, who was legally blind, then started to panic and freak out. Good times man.

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    This discussion makes me realize that 1) I have never gone sledding or tubing, and 2) there is nowhere to do so within a reasonably short drive from my house. :(

On the flip side, we're supposed to get 60°F temperatures for a high today (Thursday), but also severe thunderstorms and a chance for tornadoes. I'll take it; at least it's a break from the otherwise endless cold and snow.

7. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I live on an island, quite literally, so we have the mildest weather all around. Winters that barely reach below freezing, and summers that often don't see the upper end of the 80s. In the town I live, it's snowed twice all winter, and pretty light dustings and only lasted a few days each.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    That sounds like absolutely perfect weather! Can I move there? :D

9. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Depends. You got citizenship? I assume since you mentioned tornadoes that you do not.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I don't know where it is that you live, but I'm guessing not. I'm a U.S. citizen living in Ohio.

11. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. I can see Washington from my bedroom window. :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Damn, I was thinking beaches. :p Still, I think that would be a nice place to live. :)

13. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    There are some beaches around where I live, but if you head out to the west side of the Island, Tofino and Ucluelet, it's actually pretty amazing, and the waves are big enough to surf. Not that I've been out that way, but that's what I've heard :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Another BCer! I live in Northern BC (grumbles). It's an armpit.

15. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Oh. Mainlander. :p I've never been any further north than Whistler, and also, that's about as far east in Canada that I've been as well! Unless Chilliwack is further east.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, I'm a Mainlander (you islanders with your stupidly consistent weather - I've never been to the island). Born in Chilliwack actually, but I was raised up north where there is nothing and more nothing but snow and trees.

On another note. I'm kinda PO-ed. Long story short. This guy I used to go to school with is back in town, we started facebooking and whatnot, catching up. Then he asked me out. I'm like sure, I never really had romantic feelings for him, but we get along great. I said yes and we made plans. Then he goes and cancels them (for kinda a lame reason). Now, I HATE it when people cancel plans without a good reason and I hate it even more when they don't suggest times for rescheduling (I just think it's good etiquette, if you cancel, you should be the one trying to reschedule). I suggested another time and he hasn't gotten back to me. I'm just wondering if it's worth my time. UG. Boys are stupid.

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Hm. They're calling for thunderstorms on Friday, with highs in the upper 50s.

Weather pattern here will be windy and rainy, before the temperature drops again. Thanks to the heatwave, the Susquehanna might flood.

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    They're calling for some pretty irascible weather here in the D as well.

Sorry to hear about your guy troubles, Briannakin.

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That's one of the 3 things I made, except they weren't cups, they were dark chocolate peanut butter Daleks and TARDISes... Tardi?? I don't know what the plural of Tardis would be.

I also made dark chocolate orange Han in carbonite and dark chocolate R2D2's with Kaluha ganache.

That's annoying Briannakin! I had a guy do that to me not once but 3 times... I didn't give him another chance. The first time was a good reason, the second was iffy and I didn't care about the last excuse.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No one knows what the plural of TARDIS is. I'm a believer that it's TARDISes, but tardi sounds better.

Those all sound really yummy!

I don't blame you for not giving him another chance. I'm kinda at that point. I suggested another day and he said he was busy. I'm just going to wait for him to suggest a time and if he cancels again, I'm not going to bother.

21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    The plural of any acronym is "s," as in TARDISs, RADARs ("radars") and CIWSs.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That makes sense. English is not my strong point.

I'm going to warn you all now: I'm going to be really whiny come May/June. The released the summer semester and I already knew I wanted to take at least 1 class, because I need credits and a legitimate excuse to get out of stupid wedding stuff. Unfortunately, the only History class they are offering, I've already taken and the only class I'm able to take is "Essential University Writing skills". It's for people going into their 1st years. I had a friend who was a 4th year take it last summer and said it was the stupidest thing ever. They had a class devoted to how to change fonts in MS word. I'm going to regret this, but I am desperate for elective credits. However, it is a PM class, so I got that going for me.

23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    8-} You got to be freaking kidding me. [face_laugh] I took a photoshop class a couple years ago at the local college. The class was slowed down by people who never used a computer before. They were asking questions like, "After we are done, how do you save the file?" How do you not know how to save a file? You go to FILE on the top toolbar and click save from the pull down menu! :rolleyes: I barely learned a thing.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, from what I'm told, it depends on who is teaching it, last year it was actually a grad student doing it, but it can get REALLY STUPID. My friend actually ended up getting a summer job 10 hour south like a week into the class. She took the job, stayed in the class, did the assignments and flew back for the final exam. She ended up getting an A- without going to 3/4ths of the class or doing the midterm. Normally I'd say it's not worth the time or money, but I need credits.

25. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Credits don't-a work out here! Only money!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.