main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, rollerblading went smoothly, though now I have blisters and chafing on my legs from the boots. My legs hurt, I'm tired, but I want to get a nice pair of blades for the summer.

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Did you fall on your arse at all?

3. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Nope! Had a few close calls, dodging kids who would veer in front of me and fall. I wasn't graceful, as it's been years, but I could skate. Got roped into the Hokey Pokey, but it turned into the Herpy Derpy. Put your butt in, put your butt out, put your butt in and twerk it all about. You do the Herpy Derpy and you fall onto the ground. That's what it's all about~

4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    You, madam, need help. ;)

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I just need some practice to be less derpy on skates and a bit more graceful. It didn't help that the rental pair had busted straps and a loose wheel. Oh well.

6. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Well then, maybe you should save your pennies and get yourself a pair of rollerblades!

And some thicker socks.

7. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    And getcha self blades that fit right. I had the same problem when ice skating, I thought my shoe size was larger than it actually was, and the ice skates I used were just loose enough to make the run really wobbly and i lost a lot of skin on my ankles :p

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yeah, the fact that they didn't fit right was a problem, made worse by straps that were all but broken. I plan to get better blades with soft boots that tie rather than strap.

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hope it was fun aside from the aches and pains and chafing and such. I get that sort of thing even just with my winter boots, and even when I'm wearing thick socks.

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I wish I could skate/blade, but I just can't do it! I can ride a bike all day long on roads or off; hell, I've even gone for damn close to a mile straight without my hands on the handlebars (basically I'd be pedaling with my arms across my chest).

But I can't skate.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Once I get my bike back this Spring, I'll be all over town on it. Just need to arrange a day to go over to my grandma's house and ride it back home.

12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Let's hope it hasn't turned into a bike-shaped pile of oxidized metals...

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It's in a garage. It's fine.

14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I can't wait for the summer for when my sister and I are living together in town (the market is slowly getting better, so we have our fingers crossed that after spring break is over, something is going to come up). I'm hoping I'll be able to go places using my hulk-like arms. I may even look into getting a handbike.

Also, my stupid brothers get 2 weeks off for spring break, and I'm just here, working madly on final papers. I'm kinda jealous. For a moment I kinda wanted to be back in high school. Then I remembered it was high school and would never go back there even if I got paid.

15. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I just hope it's a reasonable summer. Not that the weather will miraculously level out completely from the extreme heat of previous summers, just that it'll be reasonable. That way, next winter won't be so damn cold and snowy.

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Ugh, yes... I don't know that I can handle a summer as hot as the last one. That was miserable not having A/C.

Still, I did go to the Museum of Fine Arts a lot to avoid the heat, so that was nice.

I hope you guys find a place soon, Bri! I know it's a pain in the butt looking!

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Been there and done that with a summer of no A/C. I spent a lot of time taking cold showers, soaking t-shirts and freezing them, and finding other ways to cool off. It didn't help matters that my meds make me sensitive to heat.

Last summer wasn't too terrible, compared to the summer without A/C. The average temperature was mid-80s, so it was tolerable.

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    In any case, I do hope for a bit of spring at least. Last year and for the previous years before that, it seemed to leap right from winter to summer with barely a pause for breath. At least, here in Southeast Michigan.

We have a saying in this state: there are only two seasons, winter and construction.

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Here, it's Winter and Tourism.

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    WV had a very similar one to Goodwood's, but WV does have 4 seasons... almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction. (I think it came from a Jeff Foxworthy joke, but that doesn't make it any less true.)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I must have been favoring my right leg and using it more than my left on Saturday. It hurts.

22. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Perhaps an epsom salt bath might help?

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If I had any epsom salt. Though, I do have a block of Himalayan pink salt. I could heat it up in the microwave and rub it against my muscles.

And blargh, dinner did not sit right at all.

24. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I Googled that phrase, since I had always heard it as an Ohio joke. Turns out that it's been applied to several states, as well as Canada. So I learned something today. :p

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    The pink salt could certainly work, but isn't that stuff kind of on the expensive side? Though I guess wouldn't take much.

My boring, random happening of the evening: the conference paper looks like it may actually be done! The accompanying PowerPoint, however, is another matter... I've never been able to understand my colleagues who can churn out snazzy slideshows seemingly without the bat of an eyelash. Anyone have any clever PowerPoint tips to share?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.