main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I can't donate squat. :\ Thanks, Lupus.

Meant to take a nap, woke up six hours later. Now it's 1:30 in the morning and I don't know what to do with myself.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Yaaaaay six hour nap.

As for what to do... You could write, or watch videos, or take a late-night walk.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm not stupid enough to go outside in 28 degree weather in the middle of the night. [face_laugh]

I got caught up on some web comics, played around on Twitter for a bit, and I'm gonna go back to bed in a few minutes, see if I can sleep again. I decided to see if there were any updates to LOTRO I needed to download, and now that it's going through 13k file downloads, I actually have to wait up until it's done before going back to bed. Smart, self.

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yay naps! Though I don't like it when I mean to sleep for 20 minutes and I end up sleeping for 6 hours. Or when I'm sick, I take a wad of medicine, I go to bed at like 7pm, then wake up at midnight, feeling as healthy as a horse.

I should be asleep right now, but my body hurts too much.

Windows 7 ALWAYS decides to update at 1 in the morning after cramming sessions.

5. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    As it turns out, one of my cats also hates hotel rooms. She's been roaming around crying for about an hour (since 6:30 or so). At least she's a good wake up call, I guess... o_O
    ...oh right... we can't leave until 9 so we avoid St Louis rush hour. :oops:

Cat wins.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    naps are vastly underrated.

7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I nap regularly. Then again, College tires me out soooo :p

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I never used to nap, then I became a university student.

Can I complain about the stupidity of my generation? My best friend has decided to leave a really big assignment till the last minute (nothing new there) but she has decided to sleep all evening, is going to wake up at midnight and go to a local 24hour diner to do this assignment till like 5 am. I'm like, I get it that your 9000 siblings are loud and working out of the house is easier, but wouldn't it be a better idea to drink some coffee at 7pm, go for a cold walk to wake yourself up, then go to the library, or some other part of the uni that's open 24 hours, and work till midnight or 1 am? She invited me to go with her. As little as I've seen of her lately, I flat out refused.

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I went home from work a little early because my migraine was making me sick to my stomach when I moved. Now it's not so bad in terms of being sick to the stomach, but I'm definitely still in the migraine state. Now I'm just trying to go back to bed, which hasn't happened in an hour.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My cats freaked me out last night. I have an old grey male cat named Chewie and a four year old orange tiger female named Nibbler. Those two get along great, but last night I hear that growling/howling creepy noises cats do when they are ready to fight or are in heat. So I go outside and see and orange and grey cat facing off. That confused me because they are friends. Suddenly they attack and fur is flying. I am freaking because I am sure they must have rabies. I mean these two cats love each other.

So I am screaming at them to stop. Then I hear the pitter-patter of cat feet behind me within the house. I turn and there is my orange cat Nibbler. I'm like, "Huh?" I look outside and that orange cat could be the identical clone of my orange cat. It was like an evil clone Niibbler. Anyway, Chewie kicks the evil doppleganger's butt and he/she runs away.

It is weird that I am living in a very isolated area and an identical copy of my cat wanders into my yard.

Iverna likes this.
  12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I went to lunch with a friend and noticed about halfway through that my burger was very very pink. I politely asked the waiter if I could get it cooked a little longer. He was so nice and made sure I got a new one and his boss apologized unprompted. I took the charge of the bill, added that as a tip and signed off on it. I can be very pissy when people treat me badly, but for a guy who was that nice about a mistake, I just left my first 100% tip.

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh naps, how I love them! Took one today, meant to be 45 minutes, ended up being 4 hours. We'll see if I can sleep tonight.

So I've been to 2 SW celebrations and managed to not get con-crud either time and this weekend I go to a respiratory convention and now I have a freaking chest cold. Oh, irony. 8-}

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, that's just sad. On the other hand, I got a lung infection from going to LTUE, which is a very mini con filled with academics.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I've been to three conventions in my life, a ST one in the lat 90's, another ST one for a friend's bachelor party where I met William Shatner, and LTUE. All were fun. :D

16. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I've only been to one SW convention: Indianapolis in 2002. It was...crowded. :p But I got to meet Ben Burtt and talk with him, which was awesome.

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah, that happened to me today, too. Ah, well.

I've been to a couple of cons. LTUE, which I was also concom for a few times, CONduit, and Crystal Coast Con, where I met a guy. Sounds silly to say that I think he could be the one, but I'm optimistic.

Iverna likes this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My son took a 14 hour nap yesterday. I find out he is failing a class so I tell him, "No PS3, no computer, no iPod, no nothing!" So he said, "I am caught up with my homework...I might as well take a nap." This was at 5PM. I couldn't wake him for dinner. At about 8PM I told him to get up off my couch and go to his room if he intends on sleeping the rest of the day away. And then I woke him up for school at 7AM this morning. He needs his sleep, but I don't think the cat slept as much as he did yesterday.

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I have days like that. And then I have times where I'm up anywhere from 20 to 36 hours.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I went to Buffalo Wild Wings the other day. I tried their Blazin' hot sauce.

My butt is not very happy with me.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    o_O

I tend to avoid spicy food myself.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I love spicy food. The spicier, the better. My digestive tract, on the other hand, does not like the fact that I like spicy food.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Trak, that is one thing I did not need to know. I must retaliate: the other night, I ate some bad scallops and it felt like my guts rotted, and then my large intestine ended up in the big white bowl.

Anyways. I went to the library today because I had to get some books for a research essay and I got a little something for myself: FOTJ Apocalypse audiobook. I actually bought the book back in June, but DRL has prevented me from reading it. I used to read all my SW books via audiobook back in high school, but then I stopped. Call me lazy, but after reading textbooks and staring at word documents all day long, I enjoy someone reading to me.

TrakNar likes this.
  24. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Can't eat spicy food. My stomach is kind of a wuss. I actually got a bad stomachache from eating something with....wait for it... paprika in it. Seriously. Used to love chili... now not so much.

Watched RotS for the first time in a looong time tonight. My husband had a random SW craving, and my muse can always use the encouragement. Made me excited for VII. ;)

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    On the book front... I read three Cthulhu Mythos stories last night. That brings my count up to four, total, thus far. I've read "Horror from the Hills," "Hounds of Tindalos," "Space-Eaters," and "Call of Cthulhu."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.