main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Glad you're feeling better Findswoman, and I'm glad your trip was good JL. Goodness knows if it were my siblings and I, we would have killed at least one of us.

So speaking of spring break, some genius at the school board has decided next year, spring break for all the school kids will be for 2 weeks in February. It's rather stupid, especially for the high school kids because they get 2 weeks off in December, 1 week in January for exams, then 2 weeks into their second semester, they get 2 weeks off. Then they go from March till June with NO BREAKS. They decided to do this because the city I live in is hosting the Canada Winter Games (basically Canada's version of the Olympics) for those two weeks. I have also found out that the university I go to is going to be closed those two weeks (we usually get 1 week off during that time anyways), since the opening and closing ceremonies are being held there. Anyways, my half brothers' grandparents are already planning on taking them to Hawaii for 2 weeks. I could go too if I payed for my tickets, but I don't think I want to go. I would love to go with my brothers, but I HATE their grandmother with a passion. Besides, I'd rather spend my money and go somewhere interesting. The tourist industry is like dead in February, so I may postpone my summer adventure till then.

2. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    That's the sort of randomness I've just come to expect when BC and schools mix. I had to miss half my soccer season back in fifth grade because of that teachers' strike in 2005.

3. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That was so annoying. I was in grade 6. My friend's mom, who is a teacher, started to consider starting a home school program for a group of us.

4. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I noticed and was wondering where you were. Welcome back!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  5. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I hated missing soccer (the jamboree actually fell in the range of the strike, which was the biggest downer) but it was nice having that time off :p

It was also the first time I'd ever heard of a) strikes in general, b) teachers striking. That was my first year in school in Canada, and that never happened at all, at least in my school district back in California.

6. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    :: looks around, blinks, waves ::

Well hello, familiar faces. Been a while.

7. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Not-so-familiar in my case, pleased to make your acquaintance though. :p

8. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Likewise!
    I'm trying to prod my muse back to life after a long hiatus brought on by a sudden affliction of parenthood.

9. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Parenthood is a good excuse. Mine is plain and simple writer's bloc :/

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Woah, Lexi, how long has it been?

11. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Well golly. He'll be a year at the end of the month (*sob*). I was around intermittently for a little while afterwards but yeah. Haven't posted anything in ages.
    Have I missed anything exciting? Gah I feel so out of touch!

12. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Well, apparently we've just been missing each other Lexi, because I don't remember interacting with you. But that shouldn't stop us from doing so in future, right? ;)

'Grats on your son's upcoming first birthday! [face_party]

LexiLupin likes this.
  13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Hello there. :p

Lexi, that is a BRILLIANT avatar. Abso****inglutely brilliant. [face_laugh]

LexiLupin likes this.
  14. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Welcome back, Lexi!

Love the avatar, too. I wish my muse would become crazed.

LexiLupin and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Fortunately, my muse and I have an equitable working partnership.

16. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Thank you. I'm in denial though. ;-)

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi @LexiLupin—pleased to make your acquaintance, too. I'm fairly new here, having just joined about a month ago. Congratulations on your little boy's upcoming birthday—my son just turned 4. The whole work/life/writing balance thing will become progressively easier, I promise!

LexiLupin likes this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm still trying to figure out the life/art/whatever else/kicking my muse's ass to write balance.

This week is Phenomacon! I can't wait to join other paranormal nerds later. Any con that comes to Gettysburg is one I look forward to. Horrorfind Weekend didn't happen last summer, so I missed out on that.

19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, I don't at all claim to have completely figured out that balance. I struggle with it every day. The best I can really say is that it's gotten some small bit easier for me than it was about, say, three years ago. Anyway, have fun at the con—are you going in costume?

In completely other news, two of my geekdoms collided in a very interesting way:

[​IMG]

Also, I had another dose of the Goodwood Tonic last night, and it seems to be doing the trick as far as kicking my cold symptoms.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    XD

Utini!

As for going in costume, nope. I don't have anything planned. I intend to wear my "Cthulexist" shirt, though.

Here's a scan of the bumper sticker that came with it:
    [​IMG]

21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    According to the online version of the New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, Francesco Antonio Baldassare Uttini (1723–95) was an Italian composer who was active in Sweden from about 1755 and who composed several operas in both Italian and Swedish. It looks like he also had a few oratorios and symphonies, and some solo harpsichord sonatas to his name, too.

That and a dollar will perhaps get you a cup of coffee, depending on where you go! :D

22. Sokolniki

Sokolniki Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2014
    Blech, I still need to make a profile pic for myself here.

23. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I'm sure there are loads of images available out there for you to nick and make into your avatar, mate.

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Sokolniki, out of curiosity: are you SO-kol-NI-ki or so-KOL-ni-ki? Or something totally different?

25. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Findswoman I'm glad to hear that this remedy seems to be working for you! From what I was told, though, it does its best work when you first notice the symptoms...

...just FYI. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.