Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    I guess my kids weren't into it. They liked those $50 Star Wars Lego sets which got put together and then ended up dismantled into little pieces and eventually getting sucked up by the vacuum.
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Apr 10, 2014
  2. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    Heh, I'm into those LEGO sets too, except mine stay built!

That said, I do save the instruction manuals so if I really felt like it, I could disassemble the ones I have and rebuild them. In fact, I do have that three-foot Star Destroyer, but it's in pieces from when I moved into my first apartment in '08. Now that would make for a nice marathon building session... ;)
  3. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Actually, Pokemon was a game before it was an anime.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    I should have taken them and put the completed models in my office. Unfortunately a very young child doesn't take kindly to his mother taking his Christmas present and putting it on a high shelf. They did these models when they were between 6-12 years of age.
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Apr 10, 2014
    Gemma likes this.
  5. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I have the LEGO Millennium Falcon. It was on my bookshelf until my cat decided to have fun with it. It's currently in a plastic tub. When I get my own place with more space I'll get it out and repair it. I have been tempted, on more than one occasion to buy the LEGO Death Star. It's awesome, but my cat would wreck it.

I have a question. Does it make me a push-over if I let my bridezilla friend decorate my wheelchair for her wedding? Basically, for those that are new, I'm going to be a bridesmaid this summer and the bride has had some REALLY bad ideas that I've managed to talk her out of (getting her elderly grandmother to make the bridesmaid dresses, having a picnic reception on the ground right after the snow has melted, ect). But she has gone all-out bridezilla on me a few times, so I'm picking my battles (I have yet to decide who will win the shoe battle - she's making me wear shoes for the ceremony that are a size too small, but I bought shoes for the reception that actually fit me and I want to wear them for the ceremony too, but I might just appease her for the half hour ceremony). Anyways, she asked if she could decorate my wheelchair for the wedding (my wheelchair is brushed chrome and red, but her 'colours' are blue and tan, so we just have to cover up the red) so I said, sure, whatever. She has already bought some ribbon and whatnot to do it. I decided to ask online on a disability community to see if anyone had any ideas on how to decorate a wheelchair and not make it really fruffy (and someone gave me the genius idea to 'spray paint' it with coloured hair spray that will wash off). But other people are telling me not to let her do it and to tell her to screw off basically. Is it bad that I don't really care that she wants to decorate my wheelchair. Its kinda dumb IMO, but if she's going to pay for the stuff and do the work, I don't care that she wants to do this so my wheelchair 'matches'.
  6. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    Your wheelchair is yours. She should not be allowed to dictate what you do with it.
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Personally, I wouldn't. Ribbons would get in the way. Besides, brushed chrome and red is snazzy; why cover it up?
    Goodwood likes this.
  8. Findswoman Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I don't know. It seems a little overly "bridezilla" to me. I mean, no bride would think of asking her bridesmaids to do things like get new eyeglass frames or "temporarily spray-paint" the ones they already have, so why would one think she can ask for something like that with other assistive things that people use all the time, like wheelchairs? Plus, who says the red wouldn't make a nice contrast with the blue? (What shade of blue is it, incidentally?)
  9. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    The blue is... weird. It's like a darker sky blue IIRC. I wasn't exactly paying attention when she showed me the swatch.

IDK either. I'll put my foot down if she does anything that hinders my ability to get around, or if she does anything to it that I don't like, or anything that will be a pain to get off, but it's her day and if she wants to do it and pay for the stuff, I don't see why she can't. I don't like being told what to do with my wheelchair (my wheels are my swag), but it's her wedding. I am NEVER person to roll over and placate someone, but I have talked her out of A LOT of her 'original vision'.

But sadly, I did buy new glasses for her. IN MY DEFENSE, they were $9, I love them because they are so sassy, and I did it so I wouldn't have to suffer contacts or being blind on that day.

I guess I'm just a big push over. ARG. Call me a spineless jelly fish.
    Last edited by Briannakin, Apr 10, 2014
  10. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    Findswoman likes this.
  11. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
  12. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    Just following orders, ma'am...
    Findswoman likes this.
  13. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Given the choice between contacts (which my eyes are still too sensitive for) and nine dollar frames or going without... I think I would have gotten the frames, too. That, or trust that there was someone with a camera around, getting pictures of EVERYTHING because I'd be blurry (really, really blurry) the whole time. So... no. I don't think you're being a spine-less jelly fish. Picking and choosing your battles is good, good thing when your friend is having wedding nerves.
  14. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Thank you. I've actually never had contacts, and I hate putting things in or near my eyes, plus I figured one set of contacts would probably cost me more than the glasses did, so I'm really happy I placated her about the eye situation without any real drama. All the battles I've fought so far, I've won, except for the shoes, so I think I may let her win the shoe battle (unless my feet get really bad) and let her do whatever she wants to my wheelchair.
  15. Anakin Solo Revanchist Force Ghost

star 4
    Contacts are okay, it's just it's so tough for me to get them in that often they dry before I'm successful in putting them in. :p Unlike with most people, REMOVING them is the easy part for me.
  16. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm with you, @Briannakin, regarding contacts. The very idea of touching my eyeball with foreign objects gives me the collywobbles...and I think I know why. When I was a kid, I managed to whack my eye on a chain-link fence, which actually gouged a small bit out of the white!
  17. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Eeeekk, I cringe just reading that. I've always hated anything, even water, near or in my eyes. Putting in eye drops to get my eyes dilated is NEVER fun. I will probably never get LASIK, or even contacts, but I'm fine with glasses.

Ergh. I have an exam tomorrow and the prof gave us the essay question. Usually when they do that, they want you to know the facts, so I write out the essay that I'm going to write in the exam and more or less memorize it. But I was feeling really nauseous yesterday and I focused on the other part of the exam today. So I'm feeling kinda screwed, but it's my own fault, and the entire exam is only worth 20%, so, meh. Maybe the forces that be will make me think of some amazing bantha shavit tomorrow.
  18. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    My strabismus surgery left scarring on my eye. It's not noticeable unless I point it out, but it sure looks squicky. It's just where the muscle was removed so it could be replanted farther back along the eyeball, so the sclerae is a bit chunky there.
  19. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    QuickEdit: Actually, I think I'll make use of this unfortunate double-post to give you all the willies.

A medium-sized wolf spider just ran across my living room floor. I went to get a jar to trap it and take it outside, but it evaded my attempts and hid amongst my CDs.

So, now I have a wolf spider in my living room.

Who wants to come over and watch a movie? :D
    Last edited by TrakNar, Apr 11, 2014
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Findswoman Force Ghost

star 4
    Gracious thanks for the kind invitation, Trak, but is it all right if I take a rain check till our eight-legged friend clears out? ;)
    Gemma and TrakNar like this.
  21. Anakin Solo Revanchist Force Ghost

star 4
    My dad had a pet black widow when we lived in Nashville. I have a distinct memory of him feeding it a hornet. I think this was about the time I developed my irrational fear of wasps.
  22. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    I was stung by a wasp when I was seven. Got me right on the adam's apple, too.
  23. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I've been stung in so many places that I don't care to list them off. Stung, bitten, clawed... That's what I get for being my own Steve Irwin. :p

By the way, baby gators are adorable. :3
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I've sat on a bee. I do not recommend it.

My uncle had a pet tarantula. One day it got out when my aunt was pregnant with her oldest. My uncle did not find it before my aunt found out it got out. She gave him the ultimatum "either Garth goes, or I go". Garth went that day (once he was found).

Also, one exam down, two more to go!
  25. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    My brother and I had a tarantula when we were kids. She was very fuzzy. I prefer emperor scorpions, though. Some day... I will have a scorpion to call my very own...
  26. ShadowofLures Force Ghost

star 3
    What happened to the Sentence Challenges? I miss them. :(
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.