Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Monday Mush:) I will be looking for that. And I like to write in before.
  2. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess I should pop in here too. Yo everyone! It's been awhile! I promise I'll be here more often now that everything is somewhat working... I should get back to writing.

I mainly write in Beyond because those are the characters and situation I fell in love with. But lately its been NWSFF and probably will continue to be until the SW muse comes back. Mercy Kill might have sparked something...
  3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I was egged on to write Harry Potter and it got out of control. And then there's my 37-story Transformers collaborative project.
  4. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Last edited by DaenaBenjen42, Sep 6, 2012
  5. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    It's only the old posts that are truncated, it seems, as new posts can be as wordy as you damn well like, without being truncated.
  6. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Trak... I was mostly joking. Mostly. Hee.
    Last edited by DaenaBenjen42, Sep 6, 2012
  7. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    During testing I discovered that 150k is a bit too much to post at once, as it will simply crash out after spinning its wheels for several minutes. :p But I think I got up to 75k posted all right.
  8. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I'm still all for drabbles. Perhaps one of these days, I should write some.
  9. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Honestly, at the moment I can't think of a specific reference. Just a handsome pic, I guess. I bet that doesn't help any, huh? :p

Drabbles are a great idea, me thinks. Maybe someone could start up the official drabble challenge thread now that we're back?
    Last edited by Ceillean, Sep 6, 2012
  10. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh ... oh my. This is all so new and delightful!
  11. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
  12. SoA Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I feel exceedingly uncreative with my new forum avatar just now. Nostalgia won over and I just made a larger version of my old Nomi icon. Maybe I'll come up with something more interesting later? But, if anyone needs a photoshop dealy done for a new avatar, shoot me a PM. I do enjoy doing simple little icons.
  13. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    It's up! It's up! It's up! [face_party]
  14. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Your avatar reminded me that I should soon get a haircut. My hair is nearing Skywalker mop-top length...
  15. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    I kind of like the new "official" Kyp pic but you know what? Totally reminds of Michael Fassbender, who then reminds me of Magneto. :p And then...the plotbunnies start jumping all over my muse.
    Last edited by Ceillean, Sep 7, 2012
  16. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Maybe restart the 10-minute challenge.
  17. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  18. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Still trying to figure stuff out here. So far the new boards feel great, though.
  19. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Did someone say Michael Fassbender? And what isn't @JediMara77 replying to that? :p

I have to look for a icon. I don't know what I want... SW or otherwise... hmmm....
  20. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  21. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Seems somsone else loves Michael Fassbender? :p @MsLanna is quite smitten with him as well. I like him as an actor. He's too skinny for my taste. And pale. Most of the time he looks like he's sick. :( Absolutely adored him as Magneto though.
    So, obviously, when looking at the new official Kyp pic...yeah. I mean, he's still good looking and the pic makes me smile like a maniac so that's great. :D

[IMG]
    Last edited by Ceillean, Sep 8, 2012
  22. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Hey everyone!

I'm loving the fact that we can choose whatever icons we want. I'm kinda a photoshop n00b (I only have it because it came free on my computer), but I still love playing around with it. I've made a few so far, but the one I have now is my favorite.

Did someone say drabbles?! Someone needs to start up the drabbles challenge. I wrote my first drabbles over the move, hoping that the boards would be back up for Father's day, but they weren't, so I may just save them for next year. But between university and (attempting) to write an original novella, drabbles will probably be the only fanfic writing I'll have time for.

This isn't really a question thread, I know, but it's something that I am wondering. FanFic awards. Are we just going to wait till next year and make fics posted from July ’11 - March '12 eligible (not like I wrote that many fabulous fics in that time)? Or hold a Mini rewards for that timeframe and for anything posted on the temp boards once the dust settles.

I'm blabbering, I know, but I'm just so happy that we are HOME!
  23. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Curse you double post. I even copied my post and refreshed the page before posting again. Grrr.
    Last edited by Briannakin, Sep 8, 2012
  24. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    I think it would be better to hold off with the fanfic awards until next year. Given that we can't even reread the stuff that's on the boards at the moment due to the truncated posts.
    And I concur with the drabbles. Great way to get the muse going again. So who's up for starting the challenge? :p
  25. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm up for the challenge! My god, I haven't been able to lure my muse back! I thought for sure that it was waiting for me at CVI. Apparently, I have left it in Orlando.

Or in Cleveland, where my flight was cancelled. Or in Washington-Dulles, where I got lost trying to find the damn gate. Either way, my muse didn't come home.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.