main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    You don't want to know.

Basically, my hair is too thin to really grow all that long before breaking or just falling out (or getting yanked out by comb), so growing it isn't an option. A pity, as I fancied growing a really long plait and beard not unlike Albus Dumbledore's...

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    You can get a decent set of clippers for about $20. I have a set, and my hair's due for a quick trim.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    It is snowing! Arrrggghhh!

4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    It's actually quite nice here, just below shirtsleeves weather.

Have an X-wing:

[​IMG]

Gemma likes this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It was nice in NYC today, about 65*F but now I'm on a bus on the way back to Boston (unfortunately a crowded bus... I thought the holiday weekend was over!) where apparently it was 75* today.

I read today that they think it's going to be an unusually hot summer this year, if that's the case I may have to breakdown and buy and air conditioner for my room, last year about killed me.

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Here in Madison it's just shy of 60° with lots of sun and a brisk breeze. We're out doing various things in the yard (the FH practicing with his bo, me doing various garden tasks, the little guy running around).

Incidentally, have the forums been running slow for anyone else this afternoon, or just me? (My laptop has had some slowness issues in general recently, but for some reason it seems these boards have been taking longer to load than most other sites, at least today.)

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    They seem to be running fine for me.

I did a little chucking, then planted a tree, uncovered a whole swarm of pill bugs, and then climbed up the side of a building just to look at a pretty moth.

8. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    Hello!

I'm lunarcat! I'm a n00b here, but so far I'm really liking it!

I have some fan-fiction I'm working on, 2 fan-fictions actually. I saw this was the fan-fiction social board so... should I bring them up here or do I talk about them somewhere else? (Sorry, once again, n00b in the house)

Thank you!:D

9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Hello there, Lunarcat! Welcome aboard!

If you're looking to simply start posting your fan fiction stories, there's a sub forum specifically for that, using the appropriate prefix tabs for the era of your story. There's also a thread here in the Resource forum where you can ask more specific questions about how to post and what kinds of fics people like to see, etc. and get more general writing tips. However, this thread is for those who frequent the Fan Fiction section to blow off steam and socialize. If you're interested in getting someone to offer an opinion on your work once it is posted, there may be some folks around who might be willing to do that.

Have fun, and enjoy the forums!

10. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Rocking in the 80s already here.
    Oklahoma is terrible for my pasty ginger-ness.

11. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    Hi! Thanks for responding!

I suppose i'll hop on over to the resource thread then! Surprisingly i'm more nervous about talking about my fanfiction than my original work. Maybe they'll have some tips on that.

Thank you once again!

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    No need to be nervous! We've all talked about our personal Cringe Eras, or at least I have. Writing is an ongoing learning process, so in the beginning, it's bound to be a bit rough and unpolished.

Findswoman and LexiLupin like this.
  13. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Weather was typical bipolar Victoria weather. Sun, rain, cloud, rain, sun, etc.

By the way, is it just me or is the JCF server today just crawling at a mile an hour?

14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    This site is going Soooooooo Slow! I don't know what's the problem.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It croaked completely just a bit ago, but now it seems to be okay.

For now.

16. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    TrakNar, ah that's good. I'm just always worried that I'm going to put my fanfiction out and get some (nice!) con crit and then immediately go.

'I must change ALL THE THINGS!'

But that's probably just my late night brain over reacting. I mean, it's not like if I don't change some stuff the commentators will come and bash my head in right?:p

... right?[face_nail_biting]:p

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    It's been going in fits and starts for me all day. At one point the server simply wouldn't connect.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Eh, I've been asked to change things or why I had a story end the way it did despite the buildup and why I won't change it, and I just say because I wrote it how I want it. Why should I change it? In the case of one story, I wrote myself into a corner and needed to find a way out, so the ending fell a bit flat. I could change it, but I'd need to make alterations early on in the story, and I just don't want to.

So, if anyone asks you to either change something or why you won't change something, a handy excuse I use is "I'm too lazy/I don't feel like it." :p

19. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    Heh, that... make me feel a bunch better! Thanks!:D

Welp, I think I'll be heading off to bed soon, (Or maybe play some video games first:p) But thanks for welcoming me into this cool community! And thanks for giving me some self-esteem for my writing!

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm considering doing the exact same thing as I eye my 3DS. XD

21. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Welcome to Fanfic Lunarcat! People are generally really nice here, so don't worry about posting your stories.

I AM FREEE!!! Just finished my last exam! Now I have like 2 weeks before the May semester starts. UGH.

22. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    My knuckle just randomly ballooned to twice its normal size.

Yes, it was my previously injured one.

23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    You may want to get that checked out.

I have to do my taxes tomorrow. UGH.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Lunarcat: You could also simply ask the person for their reasoning regarding requesting/suggesting a change. If it makes sense and you're cool with it, do it. Otherwise, it's your piece write what your heart says while maintaining cordiality with those that may disagree with some choices. :) Seeking or receiving input doesn't have to equal taking it.

25. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Maybe a good idea.

I did my taxes within weeks of getting my T4, the sooner you get it all done the sooner you get your refund, after all :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.