main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That is a friend of both mine and the bride's. She actually goes to school in Kenya., but she's back in town for the summer since she has like 4 weddings to go to. Two bridesmaids needed to go down together since there weren't enough groomsmen so we said we would. As we were going down the aisle we were swearing at each-other under our breaths to make the process more bearable and we spent most of the prep-work yelling Doctor Who references at each other.

Edit: thanks K'tai

3. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

Apr 18, 2000
    My daughter is now old enough for an account here. I'm sitting across the room as she signs up for it now. I can't possbily be old enough to have a teenager in the house. :eek:

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Pre-registration hello to your daughter!

And an update on Mammaw: She started therapy today, so she was standing. However, she's refusing to take her medication, and she refused breakfast this morning. Now is not the time to start being stubborn, Mammaw!

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Glad your grandmother is recovering, TrakNar! Stubornness can sometimes be good in those situations... but hopefully she'll start taking her medications and eating!

Thanks for sharing pics, Briannakin! You looked fantastic!

I know I said a while back I wanted to do something to my hair and I finally decided I didn't want to chop it all off, so I dyed it red the other day. Because my hair is so naturally dark (and I didn't want to bleach it first) it doesn't look crazy red but it is a big change from dark brown.

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll need to take the clippers to my head again soon. Perhaps I'll go a bit shorter this time, ease myself into Professor X baldness.

7. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    mavjade: You gonna try to go as Mara Jade Skywalker? ;)

8. Charity Rose

Charity Rose Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2014
    Hi Mom!!:D To be honest I'm still in transition mode to being an official teenager (sometimes when asked my age I still say I'm 12).

Kahara, Gamiel, Goodwood and 2 others like this.
  9. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

Apr 18, 2000
    TrakNar - Good to hear that your grandmother is recovering.

mavjade - The hair color sounds cool! I'm thinking of dying mine a subtle purple in about a week. Just something fun for the summer.

10. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

Apr 18, 2000
    Hi dear. :)

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    One of my coworkers who just started reading the Thrawn Trilogy asked me that the first day he saw me with the red. It's not quite the right color for that... but I don't mind to comparison. ;) I would like to cosplay as Mara one of these days though.

Go for it! :) I started to do the underlayer of my hair purple and the top red, but I decided I didn't quite trust my self dying skills for that yet. ;)

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
  13. Charity Rose

Charity Rose Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2014
  14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Welcome to the boards, Charity Rose! It's a pleasure to meet you, and congratulations to both you (and your mom) on the occasion of your forums-coming-of-age. :)

Well, my husband's back! Whew. It's been quite the four days. Boy was mostly pretty good, though even a good four-year-old is still a four-year-old.

And I started "The Shadow over Innsmouth" today. It's a quite... surreal thing to read with a four-year-old in one's immediate vicinity prancing around singing "The ants go marching one by one..."

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  15. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Welcome aboard, Charity Rose. I recommend a berth in the guinea pullman.

Findswoman: You're lucky to have a good kid. I was an...interesting specimen at that age. Hope you and the Findshusband have a good time.

mavjade: If you ever do, you gotta put up a picture! :D

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    When I was four, doctors were telling my folks that I was severely mentally retarded and would need to be institutionalized. :/

Anywho, I have an early day tomorrow, so I'd better get to bed.

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Welcome to the boards Charity Rose!

Mav, that sounds like an awesome dye job. I thought about dying my hair (it's been my natural colour for almost a year now - which is some sort of record for me) but I've decided against it - it's actually looking really healthy now.

Sorry Trak, I got you beat, my parents were told that (after I was supposed to die) I would be completely brain dead. Some people still though I was brain dead at age 4. I was a creepily silent kid.

Speaking of brain dead, I think I might be. I lost my laptop and it took me an hour to find it. This is why I hate packing!!!!!

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    When you have finished The Shadow over Innsmouth I can recommend tracing down the only piece of music to leave Innsmouth: Ogham Waite and the Amphibian Jazz Band

19. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

Apr 18, 2000
    Goodwood: Can you explain what the guinea pullman is? Charity Rose is completely confused and too shy to ask.

20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku: Hee-hee. ;)

On the old Wickes-class of World War I-era four-stacker destroyers, the aft crew quarters was often referred to as the "guinea pullman," at least within the U.S. Asiatic Fleet.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mammaw has been moved back to the nursing home, so she's out of the hospital. We're going to try and get in to see her this weekend, probably Sunday.

22. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    TrakNar: I hope she's feeling better...and maybe not being so stubborn. :(

23. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    IIRC, a pullman is originally a type of train passenger car on a train—maybe even specifically sleeping car? I can't remember. But since a guinea was kind of gold coin, the "guinea pullman" sounds like it would be a pretty expensive and luxurious train car. I could see a term like that being used ironically for the kind of accommodations of which Goodwood speaks...

Fingers crossed as always for your grandmother, Trak. Hope your visit with her will be a good one.

And today's scores are:
    Squirrels 1, bird feeder 0.
    Tarragon 1, all other herbs growing in pots on the deck 0. (Well, not quite 0—maybe more like 1/2.)
    Coffee meeting with real estate agent 1, Finds' productivity 0.
    Falafel mix 1, Finds 0.
    General fatigue 1, Finds 0.

Kahara likes this.
  24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    hugs Findswoman

I think you may have needed that. :)

25. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

Apr 18, 2000
    Findswoman: Sorry Monday put on a Friday costume and came to visit. Hope tomorrow will be better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.