main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Briannakin: Hey, don't feel bad—they like you and are in a position to really help you out, so let'em go bonkers! :D Besides, the longer you stay in that place, the more you'll be able to appreciate your uncle and cousin's efforts. If they're like most contractors, they love to have the chance to experiment with different stuff to make something special.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku and Kahara like this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I'd love to share some of the rain with you all. But TrakNar, wouldn't that make the humidity even worse? (How's your grandmother, by the way?)

Kahara, Madison indeed has felt pretty much like Kamino these last several days. Fortunately, it did calm down toward the end of the day, and it looks like the weather will be somewhat calmer this week.

Briannakin, indeed, just let them have at it and do their thing. They just want to make it the best they can for you! Gosh, most homeowners would kill to have contractors go that kind of extra mile for them free of charge (I take it this is pretty much free of charge since they're your relatives?).

Here's what our sunset looked like last night, incidentally (EDIT: oh gosh, that came out somewhat fuzzier than I expected):

[​IMG]

And happy Canada Day to all to whom that applies. I'll be sure to say lots of "eh's" today in your honor. :D

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    When my brother and I went to see Mammaw, she had just gotten back to the nursing home the day before and was tired. She wasn't real talkative. I haven't been in to see her since Saturday.

4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Well, here's hoping she copes and gets through her therapy alright. It has to help that her grandchildren are really keen to be of assistance and understand her.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, I was out Pokehunting again, this time for a specific Pokemon at a higher level, so I could finally evolve it without it having to warm the bench for too long. I came across a wild Exeggcute, which I already had Pokedex info on. So, it was just experience points for my other Pokemon. You'll notice in the main image that one in the back has its shell cracked open with its yolk exposed.

Hypno was in the lead as a catcher, so he smacked the Exeggcute into oblivion. When it fainted, the cracked one tipped and its brains spilled out.

D:

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Happy Canada Day to our Canadian friends!

Briannakin - I agree with the others, if they are having fun and don't mind doing it, you get new stuff in your house! :)

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, may I post today's daily distraction video, please? :D

This one's especially for the cat lovers—"Things Cats Do That'd Be Creepy If You Did Them":

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Needs more head boops. :p

Gemma likes this.
  9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Hey, I never claimed to have a monopoly on that! Besides, I don't do it every day...just when I feel like it. ;)

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh, this week is the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. Should be good and noisy, and town should be a fine mess of traffic and tourists.

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Fix'd.

12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Findswoman -- thanks so much for that video above it was really funny.

My Mom bought steamed shrimp today and when she began eating --- my Max (cat) was front and center bumping and nudging her arm like 'I'm here, I'm in, I'm here - give me some of that.' It was quite funny and I've never seen him so persistent for food before.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
  14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    The Confederacy always was a day late and a dollar short... ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Went on another Pokehunt, this time through Victory Road, also known as the land of Hypno's nightmares. Not only are there Gravelers hiding in rocks and random wild encounters, but they'll appear in hordes and drop from the ceiling! And thanks to his Forewarn ability, he knows that they all know Explosion.

[​IMG]

You can do it, buddy!

16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Some new neighbors moved in last week, and they and some friends are now out on their back deck yakking loudly and semi-drunkenly. Not cool for those who have to be up bright and early for work this morning. :(

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Maybe that's the reason there were cops outside earlier, talking to my neighbors. When I had gone to get my laundry, they were out on their back porch, talking loudly.

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    WOO HOO! IT'S AN INDEPENDENCE DAY RAVE! NEED MOAR ALIENS!

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    We've got a severe storm watch here. I just got back from a quick shopping trip in town. It's crowded and the traffic is bad. Back to hermit mode...

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    TrakNar are you playing X or Y? I love taking Gengar down that stretch, that way all the Gravellers can explode their brains out and Gengar will just stand there cackling like a madman (or Palpatine).

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm playing X. I have yet to start really training my Gengar, Nyarlathotep, but he's slated to be on Team Black Sun, so his training's coming up soon once a few others are finished. My Hypno hangs around to catch things. He's got the bulk to deal with Gravelers.

QuickEdit: Went for a walk and got stung by a wasp. I'll cure it with ice cream.

22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    There are two rabbits on my deck eating spilled birdseed. On one hand, this is cool—on the other, it has me a little worried for the tomatoes and peppers. [face_nail_biting]

The gophers have been occasionally coming up onto the deck, too.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The wasp sting has pretty much eased up. Didn't help that I was stung right on a freakin' tendon, so moving my ankle causes pain. Note to self: avoid that pile of rocks.

24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    At least the little bugger is dead and you're still here.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Actually...

The stinger wasn't left behind and wasps can sting multiple times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.