main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Sounds a lot like a conversation my 16-year-old brother and my dad would have. [face_laugh]

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Boots to the beach? Really?

My day wasn't all that productive. Mostly played games, though I got a bit done on a short comic strip. I also practiced flourishing my chucks, hit my elbow, flourished some more, and hit my elbow in the exact same place, so now it's purple.

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    You always said that flourishing was useless, Trak. Now we know it's harmful, too! :p

4. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    LOL! I decided a long time ago that as long clothes cover enough and are weather appropriate, I'm not going to have the fight. Beside experience is a pretty good teacher.

Speaking of fashion, the girls and I each got Star Wars Vans today. It was a great family moment.

Kahara likes this.
  5. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    What is a Star Wars Van? Some sort of motor vehicle?

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Flourishing is useless in combat. I'm just learning it to look cool.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  7. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Vans are brand of shoes originally made popular by skate boarders. They have just come out with a Star Wars line.

8. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I looked up the SW Van shoes -- they are pretty cool and not too terribly priced either.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    They are pretty cool, but $60 for slip-ons is a little much for me. I know Vans are good quality (I paid $10 for a pair of second hand ones and they lasted me a long time) but my heart belongs to Chuck Taylor (and Doctor Martin).

I'm just being a negative poo. My place is taking forever to get done. And now I have to buy a new battery for my electric wheelchair. I haven't used it in over a year (since I got my titanium manual one, but now that I'm moving out I should have something that will take me longer distances). And the battery is now over 8 years old (the average life is like 4-5 years). So I knew the battery needed to be replaced, but now it isn't charging at all so I'm not sure if something else is wrong with it. The battery alone will cost me $500, then whatever else is wrong. HOWEVER, someone sent me a video of a really awesome electric hand bike that basically clips onto a manual wheelchair and turns it into a chopper-looking thing (and would be way more portable than my humongous electric wheelchair). It is $2000 though and I don't think any of my health insurances will cover it.

Also: never become disabled. It's expensive :\

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Don't I know it, though all things considered, it's far less expensive in my case since my powered transport options are limited to electric scooters that aren't even street-legal. Without having to pay for a car, insurance, and gas, my meager finances can go farther (but as an American, there's only so far being on disability will take me)

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have an electric scooter, but it needs a new power cord and I'm not even sure if it works. It was trash-picked a while back, and I was going to cannibalize it for parts, but ended up stripping the bolts of a trash-picked bike's brake assembly, so I returned the bike to the trash and put the scooter away.

And yes, never become disabled. Meds, doctor's visits, and such are expensive.

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That's pretty awesome! Expensive, but awesome!
    Will your insurance pay for a new battery or is that out of pocket? I'd think you should get a new one every so many years.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    The battery would have to be out of pocket as well, that's why I've procrastinated getting one for so long.

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, as we are most productive when making pointless stuff, my brother and I made some videos. These are just short vignettes, part of a series of videos we like to call...

Masterpiece Trainer PR Theatre

First in our series, our intrepid young trainer becomes an urban explorer. Some things deserve to stay behind closed doors in...

The House

Next, our heroine finds herself in an unfortunate predicament when her passenger Pokemon loses its precious cargo. She was unprepared for...

The Fall

Sometime there is a good reason to be afraid of the dark in...

The Thing

Goodwood likes this.
  15. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Briannakin Sorry about that battery cost of $500. I thought that electric bike attachment looked pretty cool. BTW I called the SW Van shoes reasonably priced at $60, because I normally buy SAS shoes for myself which run about $157 and go up each year -- luckily a pair usually last me two years. I have small wide feet and SAS is the only place I get a really good fit. They aren't pretty - they look like ortho shoes --- but they are comfortable for me; so it's what I buy. They finally make a sandal and after years of pleading with them - they have brought out a line of low healed pumps. It truly sucks that the shoe industry does not make wides until they get into the 6s or 7s; My true size is 4 3/4 but very wide and SAS is the only one that caters to my wide little feet.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ouch. I like my Converse because I know they'll fit me, and they run me about $60, but I can make them last 4+ years (and I wear them all year long). I'm hoping my Doc Martins last me that long, or longer. But for some reason if I want to buy cool slip ons, $20 is my max because I'm cheap.

I've decided that I am going to try to sell my upright piano to get some money to justify spending $2000 on something I don't absolutely need. As much as I love playing my piano, I can't fit it in my new place and it is just going to collect dust at my mom's, so hopefully someone will want it. Until then I'll just continue to use what I've used for the past year: WOMAN POWER!

Anyways. I've begun to watch Merlin. I thought it would be the same old "Knights of the Round Table" spiel and the historical inaccuracies would bug me, but it's more fantasy/legend than history. I'm really enjoying it. I do recommend to anyone who likes fantasy. And I've finally, after months of bugging them, convinced one of my brothers to watch Doctor Who and he loves it. I was right. I am always right.

Kahara likes this.
  17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I love my Chucks. Converse is pretty much the only shoes I wear as they are comfy, decently priced, and they last. One of my pairs is finally starting to fall apart after about four years.

Though, for supreme comfort, I wear toe shoes. The problem, though, is that I need to give them time to air out between wearing, as they get a right nasty funk.

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Here's hoping you get a nice pile of cash for that piano, Bri. Besides, it's not like you can't just get a keyboard at some point down the road, something that'll fit in your house and yet provide hours of musical pleasure. Either that, or a keytar... ;)

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. My sister's boyfriend owns a keyboard anyways, so I can always sneak upstairs if I really get the urge to play. But a keytar would be pretty cool.

20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    You could play the Doctor Who theme on it!

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. That was pretty awesome. Though I am currently hiding under my bed, avoiding all Doctor Who communities. Apparently the scripts for the first 5 episodes of the new series have been leaked. I'm okay with people leaking pics and video from filming, because that is more only a teaser. But I know people are going to be reading the scripts and posting spoilers everywhere. I'd rather just wait the like 6 weeks and watch them in all their glory.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it is time once again for...

Close Encounters of the Wild Kind

I was hurrying down to the store to get some milk before it closed (they close at 8), and as I'm approaching the main road, I look up as a red-tailed hawk comes flying out of the woods and straight at me, at chest level. I stand there, gaping like an idiot.

Before the hawk reached the point of no return, we both had the bright idea to get out of the way. I side-stepped to the right and the hawk veered to my left.

Needless to say, I was a bit more alert for my walk afterward.

Gemma, jcgoble3, aleja2 and 4 others like this.
  23. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Titling your posts. the latest fad to hit TF.N! :D

The Buddha would be proud of you, Trak!

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It took a bit for my brain to say, "you know, if that hawk hits you, it's going to hurt." The hawk may have thought similarly, "you know, if you hit that, it's going to hurt." Most of the time was taken up by, "Holy! It's so majestic! I have a great view! It's coming right toward me! ...wait."

Revanfan1, jcgoble3 and Kahara like this.
  25. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    TrakNar - awesome story above. Is that the same kind of hawk they used in Ladyhawke?

And how's your grandmother doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.