main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Hi everyone. So, I'm sitting in a doctor's office right now, waiting for the physician to come in to give my son a physical so he.can get a work permit (he turned 16 a couple weeks ago). The nurse puts a folded gown on the exam table while telling him to take off his t-shirt & shorts, and put on the gown. He didn't hear the part about the gown, and after she left the room, he said, "Um, mom, I have a problem. I went commando." To which I started laughing and left the room so he could do as instructed (I didn't realize he didn't know about the gown). When he said I could come back in, he was standing there buck naked, holding his wadded up shorts in front of his private parts.

He held up the still folded gown and said, "I don't know what this is."

More laughter ensued on my part as I unfolded it to reveal what it was, and instructed him to put it on open side in back (so he wouldn't do a Luke from "Modern Family).

He'd never had to wear one of those in his life because, thankfully, he's been healthy.

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I try to avoid "going commando" if I'm gonna be out in public.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Alexis_Wingstar, [face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl] That is hilarious! Poor kid!

Goodwood, uh, I avoid going "commando" at any time, even when I'm not going out in public. :p

4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Nothing wrong with it if you're not gonna leave the house on a hot summer's day and don't want to run up the A/C. ;)

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Please guys...don't go commando while wearing shorts. Don't go commando and climb a rock wall in shorts (bouldering without a harness). And don't sit with one leg crossed over your knee so everybody has a full view up your shorts. Women don't want to see that and then they are in the uncomfortable position of wondering if they should tell the guy or let him exposed himself to everybody all day.

At home I have the opposite problem with my boys. They walk around in their boxer-briefs all day. I tell them, "Put on shorts!" They tell me that, "Boxer briefs are just like shorts and comfortable."

6. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Like I said, not in public. Doing any sort of physically-exerting activity is right out, especially anything involving a harness.

Fortunately I've never made that particular mistake. Rock-climbing in sandals, however... :p

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I wasn't specifically referring to you Goodwood. At least if you have a harness nothing can hang out. Of course something can get pinched if your harness is too loose an you fall.

Speaking of rock climbing, my son finally got up the rock wall at camp. He doesn't have full control over his right hand, so he is doing the climb basically one-handed. Normally he doesn't even try, but he had to climb the wall to do the zipline. He really wanted to do the zipline.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, my son's shorts are to his knees, so no one's likely to get a peek. LOL

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That is one good thing about the long shorts nowadays, Alexis_Wingstar. I remember the PE uniform shorts we would wear in High School. They were ridiculously short by today's standards. I hated when we had to do sit-ups. Whoever was holding your feet had a clear look at your underwear. At least the boys had to wear jocks. My brothers would complain that the gym coaches would do jockstrap checks. We also were forced to take showers after gym. I don't even think they take showers at school in this day and age. That is probably a good thing when everybody has a cell phone with a camera.

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    We went to the lake and swam. It's a spring-fed lake, so it's chilly. I made sure to wear sunblock, so I hope I didn't bake too much. Didn't find too many critters this time, though I did have a bluegill show interest in my toes.

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Ah, the outdoor life. One thing I kinda miss by living in the big metro area.

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    One of the reasons I like my neighborhood that's out in the boonies—the deer that often come through. We have lots of owls, bunnies, squirrels, frogs, lots of different bugs... When the lightning bugs come out, they light up the trees and bushes like Christmas lights.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku and Gemma like this.
  13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    We're right next to the prairie, so we get lots of rabbits, squirrels, gophers (which have even ventured up on our deck), and the occasional opossum. Once or twice I've seen deer in the morning on the way to work. There's an incredible variety of birds, too, but we've had trouble attracting them lately because the squirrels keep eating all our birdseed (our current kind is packed with peanuts). And yes, lots of fireflies past a certain hour.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku and Gemma like this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That's so funny Alexis! Poor kid!

The place where I live now we have a lot of bunnies; when I go to work in the mornings I usually see 3 or 4 scatter away. Where I lived when I first moved to Boston (I actually lived in Cambridge, which is a bustling city itself) there were turkeys that would just wonder down some of the side streets... strangest thing I'd ever seen. In WV they wouldn't be caught out in the open or they would have been dinner, here, they really didn't care.

15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wait, so mavjade, am I to understand you once lived in WV? I'm going there for a family wedding next month and know zilch about the place. Is Petersburg familiar to you at all?

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    mavjade Those Boston turkeys remind me of the Canada geese that like to linger around the Metro Detroit area during the migration seasons. They just don't give a damn about the humans walking among them, or riding, or even driving. D'you think they know something we don't?

mavjade likes this.
  17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Two wild turkeys once visited my backyard and stayed for several years. They wouldn't let us pet them, but we fed them and took care of them like our tame turkeys.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Wild turkey's are stupid. They always hang around on the side of the road and they always walk out right in front of my car. I am surprised that I don't see them splattered all over the roads. I guess they move slow enough that drivers will slow down expecting them to walk out.

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    They'll do that down in Aberdeen, same with the deer. You drive by them and they glare at you because they had to wait for you.

There's a flock of wild turkeys up in Mount Holly and they hang out in my half-brother's backyard. They usually come out after it rains, and then go back up into the woods. There's an injured one hanging out there, but it can apparently take care of itself. My half-brother went to check on it and it flew away.

They don't fly like chickens. No, they actually fly. A few flaps and they rocket up into the air and perch on the top limbs of the pine trees. The mated pair we had would perch on our clothesline like giant vultures.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yes, they can fly. One day I was driving and came upon these stupid turkeys. They flew away, but one was flying the same direction that my car was traveling. My kids were cracking up as that bird's butt got closer and closer to my windshield. I finally had to brake because he was an idiot. Turkeys are like those people in horror movies that is being chased by a car and they run right down the middle of the street even though they could run up an alley or into a building.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I haven't had too many roadside encounters, aside from one time heading up toward Big Flat on the way to Shippensburg. There was a small flock hanging out alongside the road. They got off the road, and then glared at my brother and I as we drove by.

The turkeys around here have attitudes.

Kahara likes this.
  22. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    A 20-gage shotgun will cure that attitude PDQ.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    D:

YOU NO HURT WILLY AND HANNAH!

And it's "gauge," by the way.

24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Firefox thinks that 20-gage is a word, same for 12-gage. Gage may be a proper name too, but not a common one. I think when it comes to shotguns, "gage" is the proper measurement (it's different from the "gauge" of railroad tracks), but I could be wrong. :)

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    You still no hurt Willy and Hannah. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.