main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Same here, on both counts.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I went to switch my laundry, and found a frog and an Imperial moth. I relocated the frog to the holding pond, and moved the moth to the woods.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congrats Revanfan1!

Eep Briannakin! I hope it doesn't get too close!

I haven't been camping in years, I always enjoyed it. Here in Boston you can camp on the some of the harbor islands and I've thought about doing that.. I just don't have any camping equipment at the moment.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. dragonifyoudare

dragonifyoudare Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2014
    TrakNar, you should have questioned the moth first. It might have known about the Emperor's plans :p

TrakNar, Kahara and Goodwood like this.
  5. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    So this morning I went out to the highway with my atheist meetup to do the second of three cleanups per year for our Adopt-a-Highway program. I was picked up by the event organizer, a very nice woman named Leah and her husband Joe, and was taken to the rally point. Unfortunately, due mostly to the early start time (8:30am, to avoid the heat of the day) but also weather threatening rain (indeed, it would start just after being dropped off), we only had eleven people in total. Leah remained with her car to pick up anyone in case a bathroom break was needed or someone was too tired to continue, so that left two team of five, each taking one side of the road. My team didn't find any gold rings, wads of cash, or winning lotto tickets, but we (sadly) found a very recently-deceased hawk spread out in the grass beside the road. No idea what killed him, but there weren't even any flies, so it had to have been quite "fresh."

Anyway, once we were done, we had our picture taken beneath our highway sign and then had lunch at a nearby sports bar called Hoops, which is owned by a friend of Leah who is also an atheist. We're all tired, sweaty, and dirty, but man was it worth it.

Kahara likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
  7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Mosquitoes love me too, rather I camp or not. For some reason, they like my legs more than upper torso and arms. :confused:

Kahara likes this.
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    My husband is particularly adored by mosquitoes. I've heard they especially like men because they tend to sweat more, and the FH sweats a lot.

Kahara likes this.
  9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mosquitoes love to snack on me. I'm a bit of a sugar junkie and they love sugary blood.

We visited Mammaw today and took her outside for a bit. She's doing good and moving herself around. We came just after the ice cream social, so everyone was full of ice cream.

Kahara likes this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm back and without one mosquito bite. Of course I was practically swimming in insect repellant. I also use one of those outside fogger sprays inside and outside my tent. Die mosquitoes!

Kahara likes this.
  11. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Goodwood, good job taking part in the cleanup. Too bad about the hawk, though. :(

12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Congrats -- it's funny I was going to ask you if you your test results yet as I was loggining into my computer tonight. I so happy for you!!:)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks! :)

14. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Wow I just read about your Full scholarship --- that's Super news. Again very very happy for you!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My day started all right, as we visited with Mammaw and other residents at the nursing home. They're all so happy that we come over.

After that, the universe decided that we were having too decent a day, so it took a big steaming dump on it with disproportionate karmic retribution. Road construction meant for an impromptu detour through an unfamiliar area where we missed a stop sign but tried to at least force a half-assed rolling stop, but were immediately pulled over and issued a citation. So, we went back into town and paid that. Then after avoiding another neighbor's loud dog that he yells at loudly, we're quietly discussing a possible project and get griped at by a grouchy neighbor whom I usually avoid anyway. So, that was the cherry on top of this crap sundae.

I don't know what god I angered or how, but whatever it was, I'm sorry. How dare I take some books to my grandma so she has something to read and spend time with other residents who never have visitors. Serves us right for being nice.

:mad:

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    congrats Revanfan1

and Mordor Briannakin. I know fires can make a day turn dark.
    But not as dark as the days are now here in the Netherlands with 193 of our people perished in the Ukraine

Revanfan1 and Findswoman like this.
  17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    earlybird-obi-wan, I remember now that that plane originated in Amsterdam, and I was just reading about it on CNN. Definitely dark days indeed. Comfort to the families of all involved.

Edit: The "like" in this case means sympathy.

And TrakNar, I'm sorry to hear that what started out as a good day ended as a crummy day. Here's hoping you'll have more of the former ahead.

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm so sorry about your people, earlybird-obi-wan - What a horrifying thing to happen. :(

Sorry about your day, TrakNar, I hope today will be better. :)

After working today and tomorrow (so 20 hours of work at this point) I am on vacation!! :D I'm going home to WV for a visit and I'm super excited. (FYI I'm not going green because I'll be around, but maybe not as much for a week and a half.)

Kahara likes this.
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
  20. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I just hope that recent world events are not a catalyst for something bigger. I'm a bit paranoid about these things because as a history major, I know how shavit gets started.

Have fun on your vacation, Mav!

Now that I'm all moved in, I need to find stuff to keep me busy for the rest of the summer (I only have 6 weeks left, so it won't be too bad). I thought about going to the art store to get a really big canvas to paint and hang over my bed (I have no headboard so I've been meaning to do this for awhile). However, transporting a 1X1.5 metre canvas in a wheelchair isn't my idea of fun. I'm adventurous and stupid, but not that stupid. I need to get my electric wheelchair fixed is what I need to do.

Kahara likes this.
  21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Briannakin: You could always try getting a model kit and building it...

22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    You tell to the person with the fine motor skills of Stephen Hawking :p I kid, mostly. The hobby store in town kinda sucks, but perhaps I shall look at the art store when I get around to it. But I think I'm going to get lots of writing done between now and then.

23. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    earlybird-obi-wan, I'm echoing everyone's condolences. The articles online now are very disturbing. I hope that there will be a resolution and fair, honest closure for the families and victims of this tragedy.

Findswoman likes this.
  24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I say you should paint, Briannakin. Cover that big canvas in paint!

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Briannakin, I didn't know you painted/did art stuff. Definitely give that canvas a good coating of something. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.