main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope the Russians have seen CNN's live report on the arrival and transport of the first 40 victims. My country had a day of national mourning yesterday

2. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Today is my nephew's sixteenth birthday. He's the first kid I had a chance to corrupt teach the ways of the Force, somewhat to my sister's chagrin :D I have a note he wrote me when he was 6 or 7 that says "I love you" in Aurebesh, and we already have a date to see Ep. VII. I bought him a coffee mug with the Imperial logo on it and I think I'm getting a Boba Fett lanyard to go with it (apparently the cool kids no longer use key rings...)

Hopefully, I can convince my daughter to watch Phineas and Ferb Star Wars with me on Saturday. (She likes P&F, but then again it's not My Little Pony, her current obsession). Maybe we can make something from my Wookiee Cookies cookbook and call it a party. :)

Kahara likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Your Foreign Minister's speech was very moving. He did not hold back his anger and disgust with Russia and the separatists. It is such a sad situation. I was choked up at the sight of the funeral procession with all the funeral coaches driving in a long line. :(

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Of course this is a hugely deplorable mess and those responsible should be held to account (including the suppliers of the missile system), I'm just hoping this doesn't end up being one of any number of incidents that would lead to open conflict—especially between NATO and Russia.

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I completely agree. It is unmistakably a tragedy and those responsible need to brought to justice in a fair manner. I simply hope this is the end and not a catalyst for something larger.

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Got some more information on my grandpa, since my mom apparently forgets to actually talk to me, so I get all the news from my brothers...

The detective who found my grandpa also found his will, which was placed on the coffee table. He gave the will to my mom, and it says that everything goes to her. Not too long afterward, a former landlord from where my grandpa was living prior comes out of the woodwork with an "unfinished will" that she claims says everything goes to her. And then there's my grandpa's girlfriend who was secretly taking money from his bank account and had stolen $30,000 until his account was frozen.

So, my mom's going to get a written statement from the detective concerning the will and show that to the judge in order to challenge the fake will that the former landlord "suddenly discovered" (read: pulled out of her butt).

What a freakin' mess.

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Gosh, what a debacle, Trak. On top of an already deeply tragic situation. I do hope things will get sorted out and some order restored.

8. dragonifyoudare

dragonifyoudare Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2014
    I agree with Findswoman. The landlord part especially is just weird.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yikes. That is a mess. I'm not sure about the US but in Canada the laws on wills are pretty darn clear: any sort of 'unfinished/unsigned will' is not legally binding at all - it may as well be written on toilet paper. And if his legal will was placed in clear sight, that will be the one that they'll go with. I hope it all gets sorted out.

Kahara likes this.
  10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Agreed with the others, that is indeed a huge mess and I hope some semblance of closure comes out of it.

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The landlord must watch the TV show Shameless because that sounds like a plot from the show. What a kriff'd up mess. I hope everything gets cleared up soon, TrakNar.

Does DRL hate fanfic writers? :confused:

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Darth Real Life hates everyone.

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    A meaner Sith there never was!

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I agree to this.

15. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    TrakNar I send you hugs and hope that the mess with the will gets straightened out quickly - I know from experience it can get ugly.

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    TrakNar Here's hoping everything will be sorted out swiftly and satisfactorily.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    And more to add to the frustrations that Darth Real Life dishes out; I just dealt with a salesperson from an energy supplier, and after talking with them, I decided to not enroll with them, as I'd rather take some time to do more research. At least they're gone, so I can get back to what I was doing.

And finally go to the bathroom.

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    RESEARCH saves lives! Okay, maybe not in this case, but it can save you a hell of a lot of money.

I had a pretty shavitty day too. I had a headache so I slept on the couch most of today in my big sweater. On the plus side, since I live alone now, no one was around to judge me. Also, I found a big dumb hole in my favourite flannel sheets :_| I am hoping I can find another set, even though its July.

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yeah, I was researching the company while the salesperson was here and I wanted to take some time to decide as I was caught off-guard, in the middle of a project, and with a full bladder.

20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, I do hate that. I've had my boss walk in and want to talk to me about things right when I was on the point of heading to the bathroom. Fortunately she's usually fine with my doing so first, but there were a few times when the timing wasn't quite... optimal.

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hi, all! Back from a week of church camp and man am I tired. But it was such a good week. It's just a little odd to be around all my good friends all week and then we're home and they're not here. :p

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome back. Glad you had fun.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Welcome back Revanfan1.

On the homefront, my muse has returned and I'm starting on another story! And this time, in a bid to fulfill one of my Fanfic New Years' Resolution, it is not about nor does it involve my "favorite" original character!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Welcome back!

And congrats on the return of your muse, Goodwood and good luck in venturing into a new fic! My muse has returned as well. IDK if it's the new environment, or the fact that I can watch netflix all day and write fanfic, but it looks like I'm going to finish the DDC for the first time in 3 years and finish a multi-chapter fic (that wasn't a revamp) for the first time in like 2 years hopefully by the end of the summer!

Revanfan1 and Gemma like this.
  25. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Welcome back, I thought you might be on vacation. Yeah, I always get home from a vacation and feel like I need a sleep vacation to restore myself from the real vacation. Missed you.

Revanfan1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.