main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    jcgoble3. I should submit my belfie! Bam! I can just hear the judge now, "That's no moon...that's a belfie!"

Alexis_Wingstar likes this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Um, I had to look up "belfie" on Urban Dictionary. That image is not going to leave my head anytime soon. [face_hypnotized]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    So, I decided to get my shiny Arcanine rated in terms of stats.

They're all perfect.

I get the feeling that the person who traded her did so by accident and must be royally pissed right now. :p

Alexis_Wingstar and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    jcgoble3. I asked my son if he knew what a belfie was and he didn't know. After I told him he asked me, "What would they call the photo Anthony Weiner tweeted?". I thought about it and said, " A cockney?"

5. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I don't know what photo you're talking about and don't want to know. :p

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  6. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Yep, back from Hawai'i into the frying pan of late summer in the desert. I haven't had much empty house time of late either so I'm relishing every minute.

Kahara, Findswoman and Jedi_Lover like this.
  7. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    It's actually been downright cold this summer in the Detroit area, hell in all of Michigan practically!

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It's been actually REALLY nice here all summer, with the exception of those two weeks of 35C degree weather, it's been right around 25C. Though all it has to do here is not snow and it can be considered a nice summer.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It's been nice here, too. Below average for this time of year. Hell, earlier this week I was wearing long pants and a hoodie.

In July.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    July is over, and we did not have a single day over 90°F (Dayton, Ohio area). There were a couple of times when I was out late at night that I needed a jacket.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take this over heat waves anytime, but it feels like spring out there and not summer. I guess somebody forgot to tell Mother Nature to advance to summer. :p

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol, we had one of those summers a few years ago. I don't think it got over 20C (68f) all summer and rained almost every day. We even got frost a couple nights. Then it snowed in August. It was horrible. That year we went from winter, something slightly warmer than winter, then winter again.

Gemma and K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku like this.
  12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Welcome to human-accelerated global climate change, people.

Alexis_Wingstar likes this.
  13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Here, the climate is road construction.

Gemma and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    By the way, today is the centennial of the start of World War I.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    And it will be over by Christmas.

But, I hate to be the history geek, but it was actually July 28th, the official start, when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. However, since all the countries declared war on different days, there is no one 'official beginning date'. August 1st was when Germany declared war on Russia (thus making it tras-continental, kinda). Britain and the commonwealth didn't declare war till August 4th.

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    So I just spend a week and a half in WV visiting my parents (which is why I haven't been around all that much), it's usually really nice this time of year, sadly, it was rainy and cool almost the entire time. We did manage to get a hike in between the nastiness... unfortunately I managed to get myself dehydrated and then got a migraine afterwards. 8-}

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    mavjade, I hope to goodness the nice weather comes back to WV for when I have to go there in two weeks! I ordered a dress from Zulily, though whether it will arrive in time is anybody's guess. Zulily says it will ship on the 14th, but the wedding is the 16th... it may be a very tight shave. I may call them and have them rush-ship it to my mom's in Chicago.

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Sorry to hear that, mavjade, but look on the bright side, at least you got to get the hike in after all!

Feeling any better, Findswoman?

19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Mostly so, thanks. Still a little congested, though. I'm going to see if I can wrangle a short nap at some point, though that may not be possible given the crazy-busy afternoon I have on deck. It's working out to be one of those hectic Fridays preceding a not very restful weekend.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I hope you get that short nap at some point, Findswoman. I've been tempted to get stuff from Zulily. They usually have nice tunic and tunic dresses. I hope it comes in time for the wedding.

And welcome back Mav! Sorry to hear you had such shavitty weather!

I just finished my first driving lesson. It went really well, TOTALLY worth the cost. I learned more from him in an hour and a half than my mom and step-dad all year. I'm going to do more with him. I signed up for 18 lessons, but he thinks I might only need 14, so I only have to pay for 14 for now. Since I'm an uni student, I have much more time on my hands compared to his other students (mostly high school kids) so he's going to fit me in every week and book my driving test for sometime in November, so hopefully I'll pass and be driving by myself by next semester!

21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    That's excellent news, Briannakin. I'm slightly jealous, because despite your other handicaps, you can still see to drive.

Good luck on your future lessons!

22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Briannakin, so glad your first driving lesson went well! It's totally worth it to have a professional teacher; loved ones as teachers of anything can make for a difficult dynamic. (Long ago when we were first married, the Findshusband tried to teach me how to drive a stick shift... as much as I love him, it was just not an optimal situation, and I still don't really know how.)

And now I'm going to try to steal upstairs for that catnap. It's just a matter of peace of mind at this point. :)

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hopefully it will be nice for you!
    I like Zulilly, but yeah... you can't really rely on it getting to you very fast! I hope your dress gets to you in time!

Briannakin - Glad your driving lesson went well! :)

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I was thinking about checking out Zulily sometime. I saw some stuff that had a bit of a Gothic Lolita vibe, so I was tempted to look there for similar items for relatively cheap(er).

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I've heard that about Zulily, that shipping it out takes forever. Kinda makes me afraid of how long an order would take to get up here.

Thanks!

So, over the past like month and a bit, I got one of my brothers OBSESSED with Doctor Who. Then I found out that they are premiering Series 8 in select theaters around the world (kinda like what they did for the 50th). I had SO much fun at the 50th, I told my brother that we would get tickets if it came here and we would dress up (seeing Doctor Who on the big screen is like a opportunity you DONT pass up). Anyway, today I found out that it IS coming here, so I got tickets. I phoned him and told him "Better get a bow tie, cuz I got tickets to the premiere." It took him a moment to realize what I was talking about. Then he started screaming and laughing. It was a good moment. I also bought a bow-tie, fez and dalek dress from thinkgeek, so I'm REALLY hoping it comes in time.

Kahara and K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.