main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Yeah...I can't deal with today...

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I heard. Very sad news. My dad was a huge fan, as was my sister.

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, the rain has come. Foot's sore. I has a sad. But, I fed Mabel and she's eating the food she refused to eat.

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I heard too. Very sad indeed. Memory eternal. @};-

Edit: Glad Mabel's eating like she should again, Trak. May she offer lots of cuddles on a night like tonight.

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I fell in love with him in Mork and Mindy. I absolutely adored that show. And his comedy specials were great. He worked for the USO. Soldiers loved him and I loved his response to the flag lowering ceremony in Kuwait. He had no idea why everybody in the audience stood up and turned away from him and gazed silently at the horizon.

6. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Did you ever get to see him perform while you were in the service?

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    No, I only saw one USO show. I remember a free music concert when I was stationed at Fort Knox (for some reason I want to say it was Peaches and Herb that played).

8. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Jedi_Lover Thanks for sharing that YouTube video of Robin Williams. I will surely miss him. My favorite film of his was Man of the Year. I teased that I thought that he would make a great President.

I didn't know that he battled with depression after his heart surgery in 2009. I can honestly say I know how this feels. I wish I didn't

9. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Gemma [:D] I really liked Man of the Year, as well.

It is such sad news. He was so influential to my childhood - Genie, John Keating, Mrs Doubtfire, Batty Koda, Peter Pan. Such fond memories.

Gemma likes this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm of course sad when a celebrity I like dies, but Robin Williams really hit me hard, especially because it was apparent suicide. Dead Poets Society was so influential on my teenage years (though it came out a bit before I was a teenager) and Patch Adams was part of the reason I decided to go into the medical field.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Because my sister and dad were such fans of his humor, I have watched Ms. Doubtfire, Aladdin (my sister loved that movie), Flubber, Good Morning Vietnam and Hook all many times. I always enjoyed all those, and they bring back fond memories of my dad, however, my personal favorite movie of Williams' was Good Will Hunting.

Goodwood likes this.
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  13. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    I kind of want to crawl in a hole until the "3" is over. I dread who might be next. :(

JadeLotus likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I hate to be morbid, but celebrity deaths do tend to come in 3s.

Edit: Yeah, a hole might be a fine idea.

15. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    That's why I said I want to hide until this trio is over. :_|

16. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    As sad as it is that Robin Williams is gone, you gotta realize...people die. We're not immortal nor are we meant to be. As long as we remember those who we lose, they are never truly gone.

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Oh, indeed we realize that—but that doesn't mean it's not still perfectly normal, human, and I daresay even healthy to feel a little sad when it does happen.

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I know it's okay to be sad, it wasn't my intention to say otherwise. Rather, we should at least try to realize that death is natural. It isn't something we can hide from, so why not take R2-D2's philosophy? "Everything terminates. Face it bravely."

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm more saddened by Robin Williams than Lauren Bacall, mainly due to familiarity. Back in the day, I saw Aladdin in the theaters and I loved it. As an aspiring artist, the film made an impact on me, particularly with the Genie's animation. The body language matched with Williams's voice gave the character life. He was real to me. That was also one of the first films with Williams in that I had seen.

Celebrities come and go, but Williams's death really got to me. It's still hard to believe that he's gone.

Findswoman likes this.
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I think we have all personally experienced death to make us realize that people died. But I think what has got most people thinking is the fact that he brought so much joy and laughs to millions of people, yet he struggled with such darkness. It reminds me of my friend's death this past spring. She knew such joy and loved making people laugh, but to experience that high she also experienced such lows that the dark times ultimately took her life. I think it was the same for Mr. Williams.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Aaaaaarrrrrrggggggh new drama regarding my grandpa's will. It's now about my mom not doing anything to counter the supposed second will, but instead keep running around clueless, despite us all telling her exactly what to do.

Mom, either crap or get off the pot.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Wait. What? Is she just ignoring its existence or is she recognizing it as his will?

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll get the full story later. I'm overhearing a conversation between Mom and my half-brother. So far, what I gathered is that Mom is denying this second will, but won't produce the one she has.

24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Wow, that's kind of crazy.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Got more information, but I'm still confused. So, I'll spare you the confusion.

Tomorrow, I'll be showing my niece a painting technique. I'd rather do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.