main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Wow. You can find anything on Wikipedia.

Why does Pennsylvania have so many 'object' drops? And how, amongst all those, is there not a groundhog drop in Punxsutawney?

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Pennsylvania is weird, but we would never drop our beloved Phil.

3. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Right then, it's about 8:15pm over here in Japan as I type. I plan on reading Children of the Jedi to feed my crackfic rabbit, then writing my Mitty-esque diary till New Year. Should I be worried that I find absolutely nothing wrong with this picture? :D

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    We have a Cherry Drop where I live. There are a lot of cherry orchards. I don't drink so the parties are a bit boring to me since they are usually alcohol intensive. Plus I live far from civilization so I don't want to drive far and have to contend with drunk drivers on the way home.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I went to a pumpkin drop around Halloween. That was fun.

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Doing research for a book certainly brings interesting things. I've been exchanging e-mails with the press office of An Garda Síochána all morning.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    About five hours to go and it's raining cats and dogs. That will have many grumbling boys and men because they cannot do that much with their fireworks. But my colleagues will be happy. No fires either.

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Dillsburg dropped their pickle a full minute too early.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol.

It was sort of a grim New Years for me. Last night my step-father's father had a pretty bad stroke. My step-father, mother and half brothers went to see him this evening. Thankfully alcohol and a Mr. Bean marathon made the night a bit better. My sister still tried to get me sloshed. One more drink and she probably would have succeeded. But it's 2:30 am now and I am sober as a judge. Thank goodness for a fast metabolism.

I was going to work on the 2013 dear diary challenge, but considering I was up till 4 am waiting for my mother and stepfather to come back from the hospital, I think I'll go to bed.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    This year's first entry will also have to wait. At least for one day. Mainly because at the moment, I can't think of squat.

11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    QFT. I have no ideas at all.

Also, when I woke up this morning my tummy was trying to eat itself. Not good. Did anyone else do anything more exciting that drink water and watch Michael McIntyre? I'm guessing not as it was all very exciting and very hard to beat.

12. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Well . . . I played a video game and wrote fan fiction. That's about as exciting as my life ever gets these days.

13. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    I'm sorry for your premature pickle firing, Trak.

TrakNar likes this.
  14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My friend announced on the 30th that she wanted to have a party. I showed up fashionably late to find that no one had showed up and my friend was sick, but wanted to have the party. So we talked and hung out until a bunch of guys showed up. Then we played "What if" and "Balderdash" and a game where you throw cheetos at a whipped-cream beard. At midnight, we all drank sparkling apple cider, did a lot of hugging, etc. I came home to find my roommate had not, in fact, been asleep since 3 p.m., just being antisocial. *sigh*

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I worked yesterday and then again today, so I went to bed last night at 10pm (I have to get up at 5am)... the first time in as long as I can remember I wasn't awake for midnight on New Years. :(
    I'm hoping since I worked X-mas Eve, X-mas, NYE and New Years Day, come this summer I'll be able to ask for the 4th of July off and maybe actually get it!

I went to Boston's First Night last year and had a lot of fun. It's spread out enough that it doesn't feel like the huge number of people who are actually there which was nice.

Sorry to hear about you step-father's father, Briannakin. [:D]

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I love Boston's First Night. All the free concerts and the dancing...

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    [:D] Briannakin

Happy New year to all of you.

Here it was nice, not too much damage thanks to the rain which kept the rascals inside.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Eh, it wasn't a total loss. Got to send off 2012 Gangnam Style.

[:D] Briannakin

19. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks guys. I was talking to my step-aunt today. He's apparently doing well (for a 71 year old who had a stroke). He was standing up today and talking in short sentences. He's the only person in my step family besides my step-aunt that I can actually have a decent intelligent conversation with, so it's good to know that he seems to want to get better and recover.

20. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    And nothing says 'Hey, sexy lady' like a giant pickle on a pole.
    (Clearly I haven't yet gotten over the wholly bizarre fact that there's a place that drops a New Year pickle)

And good to hear, Briannakin- I hope he continues to do well! [:D]

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    They serve pickle soup in Dillsburg, too. I have some in the fridge.

22. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Pickle . . . soup.

As someone who despises pickles, that's just adding insult to injury!

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Eww pickles!

This message brought to you by the letter S and by the letter W.

24. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Gross. My husband was eating pickles yesterday. They smelled good for some reason so I ate one...and then realized why I usually don't eat pickles. They are tough on my stomach.

When I lived in German I gave my husband a mini-bottle of spargelschnaps. "It's a type of schnaps," I said. He loves schnaps. lol! I didn't tell him spargel meant asparagus. You would have thought he drank gasoline. The look on his face was hilarious.[face_laugh]

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Exactly! I was getting on the T, going home after work and a ton of people were headed downtown... I was sad I wasn't among them, but I guess there is always next year. It was really cold so maybe I'm glad I wasn't there! ;)

Glad to hear he's doing well, Briannakin! [:D]

I'm kinda neutral on pickles... I don't love them, I don't hate them. I like them on some sandwiches but I won't go to the fridge and just eat them like my mom will. I will however do that with olives. =P~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.