main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I"m trying to decide if I want to do a set of acrylic nails on myself.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Sounds fun, Ceillean!
    Luna, that sounds like a good night as well.

I'm at home in WV for a visit so tonight I've been hanging out with my parents, catching up on Downton Abbey. (Love that show!)

3. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Acrylic nails are fake nails, right? That you glue on?

I almost never wear makeup (shocking, I know). I don't know how, tbh. I have no problems drawing people's faces, makeup or no, but don't ask me to draw ON someone's face. I do okay with mascara and lip gloss, after that it gets complicated. :p I missed that whole phase when you're thirteen and play around with makeup with your friends. I was busy making lightsabers out of broom handles and playing Jedi with my brother and cousins. Sad but true.

4. EUC CotY Awards

EUC CotY Awards Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2013
  5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, they can be, but I'm talking a full set, with the tips and acrylic overlay. I can lay a set in about 45 minutes, which is really fast. And I need to get back in practice before I go for my state board testing for my nail tech licensing. I graduated in September, but . . . stuff happened. I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about what stuff. It's bad enough that it's inspired a book in my murder mystery series.

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I missed that phase too. Other than cover-up, I never wear make up - and I rarely ever wear that. However. I do enjoy dyeing my hair. It's currently pink - though parts of it didn't take very well so I may re-do those parts purple.

Iverna likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't wear make-up either. My father wouldn't allow it when I lived at home and then I joined the Army at the age of 17. While I was in the Army the regulation was you could wear it, but it shouldn't be noticeable...so why bother. So I never learned to apply it properly. I do dye my hair...but it's to my original color of my youth.

8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I don't bother with makeup, unless I'm going to some formal event, like a wedding. Then, I'll put on a cover-up (green powder to reduce redness) and lip gloss, but that's the extent of it. Mascara makes my eyes burn, so I don't wear it.

Despite rarely wearing makeup, I can apply it quite well.

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm really good with makeup. Especially with making people look grievously injured. Heh heh heh. What? It was my major in college!

I have a ton of makeup, but I don't really ever wear it. Lip gloss is about it for me most days. I don't tend to wear mascara because it gets on my glasses and I almost always manage to poke myself in the eye with the wand. My big thing is nail polish and/or nail art. I'm a sucker for nail polish and have over 200 bottles.

10. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Have you tried the water marble technique? It looks really nice but it just takes too long in my case.

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I've never been able to get water marbling to work for me. I've tried. I could play with it more, but I just don't care that much. I prefer making art with little jewels and with my nail stripers. Painting pictures and things.

12. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I am pretty solidly in the "what's makeup?" club. Unless I'm dressing up for something... yeah, no.

I discovered cover-up a couple years ago. Funny story actually. A week before I got married, I walked into a Sephora, totally clueless, and just stared at confusing things until a nice lady took pity on me. Within a few minutes, she had 2 other people staring at 3 different colors on my neck trying to decide which best matched my skin (those 3 colors being pale, paler, and Casper the freaking ghost).
    Now I'm a redhead, and this was in El Paso. El Paso is very Hispanic, something like 80% of the population. Not many redheads. And this man working and partaking in the 'just how pale is Lexi?' discussion just sort of stops and giddily exclaims:

"I've never seen a real redhead before! I feel like I'm looking at a unicorn or something!"

Oh- and Casper the freaking ghost won.

Iverna and Ceillean like this.
  13. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    A similar situation happened to me when I was shopping for a dress to wear to my brother's wedding. I wandered around the women's section, utterly clueless and lost, until I decided to ask for help. I walked up to a salesperson and said, "I have to go to a wedding and I haven't worn a dress in fifteen years. Please help me." At the time, I had a buzzcut, I was wearing baggy Goth pants, and one of my hoodies. The salesperson picked out the perfect black dress that is made of t-shirt fabric and I can wash without a problem. Low-maintenance... like my hair. :p

14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. My mother is a (real) red head. My father was Metis so my sister looks native, but I somehow got the pale "Casper the ghost" skin of my mother and my fathers dark hair. Anyways, one day my sister was extremely tired and late and I guess she put on my cover-up instead of hers. Our bathroom is rather dark so she didn't notice, but when she came out, I just started peeing myself laughing.

The last time I wore a dress was my high school graduation. It was bright orange and I wore purple converse with it. I wore something similar for prom. Now that as a fun time. My mother had to hold me down to pluck my eyebrows. I didn't speak to her for a week. The last wedding I went to was my aunts - I wore a dress shirt and pants.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Waxing the eyebrows is faster and less painful, believe it or not. One rip per brow and done.

. . . Don't get your upper lip waxed. Second-most painful thing I've ever experienced. First being an attempt to wax down there. Which I also do not recommend unless under general anesthetic.

Iverna likes this.
  16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    It's the other way around for me around here. Try to find decent make-up/cover-up for dark-skinned people, it's near to impossible. Unless I go into one of these African shops but the cover-up's they sell are too dark.

Did you guys see the EUC Character of the Year Award? I wouldn't even know whom to give my vote.

17. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Ooh how fun! Maybe some Mercy Kill characters... Myri and Scut. And my Imperial fan-girliness would vote for Vitor Reige. Not a huge role in Apocalypse but I do so love him.
    All I really read new from the EU in 2012 was Mercy Kill, Apocalypse, and Choices of One though.

18. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I only read Choices of One last year. I just realized that I didn't even finish Ascension. Does anyone know whether Disney has a say in the books to come? I read that the comic books are going to Marvel, which I think is really cool.

George Lucas got engaged this year. [face_party]That's pretty cool.

19. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    LexiLupin, I feel ya! I'm not a redhead per se, but there's enough red in there to give me freckles, very pale skin, and an immunity to tanning.

Fortunately, or unfortunately with regard to the tanning situation, I live in Ireland. They know all about pale skin here. :p Although unfortunately, they also know about fake tan, aka Orange of Doom. And bleach for your hair, which complements fake tan perfectly. :oops:

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  20. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    @Iverna- Immunity to tanning? [face_laugh] Is that what you call a step up from albino? :p
    My paleness never horribly bothered me until I lived in the desert, in the city that enjoys 330 days a year of sun. I lived for the 35 odd days that were cloudy, lol.

And now off to OKC on an Indian food date! =P~ (and to a BabiesRUs to start looking at car seats but that's a little less interesting)

Iverna likes this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My husband's family came from Ireland. He has red hair and burns, burns, burns. He has mean looking scars down his face that make him look like a pirate that was in a knife fight...but it is from skin cancer operations. When he goes to the beach he has to wear sweat pants, long sleeve shirt and a hat along with his SPF 75 sunblock. I can't remember the last time I got sunburn. I got my mother's Spanish olive skin. :)

Iverna likes this.
  22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I do wear makeup, I think it's kinda fun.(Though I really like doing stage and effects make-up) I don't wear it to work because I'd have to get up that much earlier and I already get up at 0500, I'm not getting up in the 4's. :p
    When I don't wear makeup I look terrible. I have dark hair and really dark eyes but my skin is pale which makes for a strange combo, but then my skin is pretty red right along my cheeks and nose.

Did you guys see the White House responded to the petition to build a Death Star. They said they would respond to any petition that got over 20,000 (??) signers and this one did so HERE is their response... it's kinda epic!

Hazel, Iverna and Alexis_Wingstar like this.
  23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah I saw the response. It was cool. I didn't know the International Space Station was that big.

24. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey everyone. I'm an oldbie whom hasn't been around in a while, and I was hoping some of you could answer my questions? And how is everyone today? ")

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What are your questions? I am sure somebody here can help.

Hopefully it is not a word math problem question...I am terrible at those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.