main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I own some SW figures, but they're just... not really into them. Not a lot of accessories, some of them don't have proper joints and there's way too little from the EU. I want a Tenel Ka, darnit! :mad:

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    So, DantanaSkywalker and I are getting to go see The Script on October 22. We've been looking for a band in common to see together and this was an awesome find tonight.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm so excited! :D[face_party]

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Speaking of Celebration Europe -- is anyone planning to go to CEII?

Have fun you two. :D They're an awesome band.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I want to go but I'm broke (as always), so it'll never happen. :(

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Oh, I passed my final! I go in today to pick up my diploma and the papers I need to send to the state board when I go for licensing. :D

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I went to get my diploma, and my genius instructor hadn't got it done yet. [face_plain]

8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Way to go instructor, falling behind on paperwork. :p Congratulations, though!

As for CEII? Hah! CVI was hard enough on my wallet as it was. Unless someone pays for my airfare, I'm definitely not going. I'd love to and I'd love to turn it into a larger vacation and backpack through Germany, but that's not happening unless I win the lottery.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Was this the girl instructor or the ridiculous person?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    You mean Mr. Always Compensating For Something? Him.

I hope my brother and his significant other take these rats back soon. I think I'm allergic to them. And they stink. The gerbil doesn't bother me. It also doesn't try to bite me, even though I was assured "Oh, the rats don't bite, they're very sweet!"

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    So that concert Ish and I mentioned we're going to? Got cancelled today. No explanation, just a "It's cancelled, here's your money back." Very irritated and disappointed.

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    [face_plain]

At least they gave your money back.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ugh, that sucks, Dantana. :( *Waves fist in the air*

My mom and I went to Concord for an eye appointment for her. Surgery. We waited 15-20 minutes. Surgery took 5 total. We then went to another building for a test where air's blown into your eyes. Total time in the waiting room, 20 minutes. Time for the test. 2...

And on the way there we got stuck behind a truck painting lines on a road. So yeah...

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I hate that air-blown-into-eyes test.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I actually don't mind the air test, I just hate the optomotrist in general. There's nothing that they do that really bothers me or pains me, I just feel like I'm taking a test the entire time and test anxiety kicks in. I will say I'm not a huge fan of having my eyes dialated though, it usually gives me a headache.

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Blah. I hate having my eyes dilated, and I have to do it every 6 months.

Is it December yet? I decided to take a full course load this year so I can graduate sometime this decade, but now I have no time for writing and it saddens me :(

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Don't mind the dilated eyes portion, provided the doctor can get the drops in my eyes. I don't necessarily mind the eye pressure test, either, provided again that the doctor can get the numbing drops in my eyes. It's getting those pesky drops into my eyes that's the problem.

Perhaps every time I go in for those tests, they should just knock my ass out like they did for my eye surgery. Certainly had no trouble getting drops and other things into my eyes then! :p

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My least favorite eye thing was when I was getting cleared for LASIK in 1999. My EEG from when I was a kid showed that I should be having seizures once an hour, but I have never had a single seizure. Nevertheless, they sent me to a neurologist to make sure I wouldn't have a seizure during the surgery. He tested this by numbing my eyes, taking a metal probe and jabbing me in my eyeball to see if he could trigger something more than an uncomfortable squirm from me. For the record, I still haven't had a seizure.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    For which we are grateful. Could be you're having seizures, just not the throw-yourself-on-the-floor-and-beat-yourself-to-death-on-the-furniture types (TM my epileptic mother). My brother has seizures every 2-5 minutes, and you wouldn't know it, generally. . . . I should probably get tested for those.

Anyway. I hate the blow-in-the-eyes test, too. Makes me jerk and hit my head on the test thingy every time, and I always have a bruise on my forehead.

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can someone explain this air test thingumy to me? In all my times seeing an optician I've never had air blown in my eyes. It seems strange and/or confusing, probably both.

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    It's supposedly to test the pressure in the eye, but I personally think it's for the optometrist's kicks and giggles. They make you put your face in this contraption, hold your eyes open, and they blow puffs of air into your eyes.

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I had the pressure test done a different way for years and had no idea what people were talking about until I moved and got a new optomitrist and he did it with the puffs of air. I actually like the air better, but it makes me jump, too.

Re seizures: Yep! People have absence seizures that can last only seconds, often no one else or even the person notices they can be so short. First time I had a patient that did that (but for long enough to really notice) it scared the crap out of me, he was in the middle of a sentence and just spaced out.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I was taking medication once that was actually causing me to have partial seizures. After I stopped taking that medication, I didn't have a problem.

As for eye pressure tests, my eye doctor uses the metal probe to poke my eyes more often than the air test. The eye-poke test doesn't bother me too much, but after my eye surgery, it bothers my right eye more.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I just have this thing about my eyes. I hate anything really poking or entering them.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    That's the main reason why I will never, ever get contacts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.