main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I used to play clarinet. One year, the marching band did the Star Wars suite, but I couldn't participate as I only played pit percussion in marching band, and I was working during that time.

I've thought about perhaps learning to play bass guitar.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    When I'm done with my billion years of school and I actually have free space in my brain, I really want to learn how to play the double bass.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I have a bass guitar and an acoustic guitar. I've lost the ability to play them, somewhat, due to the problems with my wrist.

Surgery went well. Recovery not so hot. Having trouble sleeping.

4. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I just released my second book! Eeeeee!

LLL likes this.
  5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    When you haven't posted on FB in a few minutes, I'll assume you're feeling well enough to sleep.

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    More like bad enough. I'm only sleeping in ten or twenty minute intervals. It's awful. Sorry if I'm being annoying, I'm coping as best I can.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Dunno how that double posted.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    No, it's both reassuring and worrying! I know you're not dead--though I hope your mom would call me in that event--but you're not resting enough.

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Sorry to change the subject, but has anyone heard anything from Kim (VaderLVR64) lately? I miss her fantastic stories.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I could swear I've seen her on the Facebook group.

11. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I haven't, sadly. I hope that she'll come back, though!

On yet another subject, does anyone else here follow the Lizzie Bennet Diaries? Work is slow now and I'm dying for the next installment, but that's not until tomorrow morning. So I keep refreshing the characters' twitter feed, but there hasn't been anything of substance since Lydia's set of the saddest tweets. If you're a Pride and Prejudice fan and haven't been following the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, I can't recommend them enough, and you should definitely check them out.

12. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Making homemade soup and bread tonight.

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Nope, I haven't seen Vadey in a while either. :(

I think I saw one or two of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries at C6, but I forgot all about it... seemed like it would be a lot of fun. I might have to check it out! (Not that I need anything else to be obsessed with at the moment!)

We might get a blizzard this weekend!! :D I'm mostly excited because I don't have to work so I don't have to worry about getting to work or getting stuck there. I can just sit at home and watch it snow! (And hope we don't lose power.)

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm back in the hospital. :( Pneumonia as a result of the surgery. Seriously, why me? I've actually been admitted and have a room to me onesies.

15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    LLL likes this.
  16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Ack! Everyone is getting pneumonia these days! Good thing I've had my shots... I hope you feel better soon!

I went snow-tubing with my niece and nephews and members from their church. Only two casualties from this trip; my nephew and I. My nephew twisted his ankle and I smashed my knee. Totally worth it.

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    VaderLVR64 still has an X-Wing icon and hasn't logged on since before the move. I hope she's ok. :(

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, why is that? Is it coming from some Flu strain?

So I am really irritated. I found out my sons' Boy Scout troop leader hasn't been doing any of the paperwork for the troop for the last year. So I thought my youngest son was in scouts and it turns out he is not (the older one is for some reason). But he supposedly earned 6 merit badges. The man in charge of the Council said that was fixable but my son can't get into scouts until my troop leader recharters the troop. I said, "When is that going to happen?" And I am told, "It should have happened in November." Then I say, "Please tell me the troop leader made the camping reservations like she said she would." They looked it up and they say, "No." So now all the local camps are filled up. I am going to have to drive my kids six hours away for their camp. I live in the forest, but now we will have to drive to the Detroit area for the kids to get back to nature. Well that isn't the reason for camp as much as they work on Merit Badges and such. The kids went a year without presentation of their rank advancement and Merit Badges. Last month I nagged the troop leader to give me the list so I can get the badges and such and I was told, "We can't get the money out of the bank for these things since two people have to sign and the two authorized people have opposite work shifts." I said "Give me the list I will buy the awards with my own money and you can reimburse me later." I never got my money back and it was a nice sum of money.

If you can't do the volunteer work then tell somebody. Don't let people think it is being done and its not. I do just about everything but the paperwork. I supervise meetings, I am the parent that goes to camp with the boys for a week during the summer. So it's not like I am sitting on my butt and not doing anything while I complain about other volunteers. ACK! :mad:

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I dunno, I just know that right after surgery, you're really susceptible to pneumonia, and I got it. My oxygen dropped down to 70%. My lips were blue, my fingers were blue, my fingernails were purple. My heartrate was through the roof. IDEK what the number was, but it felt fast as a hummingbird according to my mother. So I've got an antibiotic drip and I get this breathing device to try to build my breathing back up, since I'm at 60% capacity right now.

But, in good news, I released my new book yesterday on Kindle, and I've already sold 3 copies. With no advertising 'cause I've been in the hospital.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh yeah, I remember that contraption they had me do breathing exercises with. Is it the one with the balls inside a tube. I had those for my two C-sections and my gall bladder surgery. I forgot all about it. Keep working with it.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    [:D]Dantana Skywalker.

Been to the hospital today too.
    It was my 60th gift of blood and I got the big fluffy pelican toy as a present

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've been coughing all day and tired as hell. If I end up getting sick, I'm going to be angry.

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Join the club. At least they're making noises about taking me off the oxygen soon.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I don't want to join the club! D: I've had pneumonia twice, I don't want it a third time.

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I spent two weeks in ICU last year at two different hospitals - a month in and out of the ER and another 6 doing follow ups - NOT a happy place to be!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.