main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Depression saps all of my motivation. Though, I've managed to channel it through creative outlets... when it's not actively killing off my motivation. It's not necessarily the energy that it saps, but the drive.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It was very heavy and wet snow. I think it was mostly people who lived in mobile homes (which there are a lot of in WV). People with slanted roofs were okay.

So I've apparently lost my wallet. :( Friday night my roommate and I walked to a near-by pizza place, I paid and that's the last time I can remember having it. I realized I couldn't find it later that night. I've turned my apartment upside down and went and asked th epizza place and they don't have it. I called the police department to see if anyone had tuned it in and they said to check back Monday as there was no one there to check. [face_plain]

The cards I can cancel, the cash sucks but it's not going to break me, what I really want back is my drivers license because it's a pain to not have ID and it will be really hard for me to get a new one.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Lá Fhéile Pádraig shona duit!

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Mav obviously doesn't have the luck of the Irish ;) But yeah, that really sucks, especially if your a person that uses a lot of cash.

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    That does suck. It's also one reason I stopped carrying cash, generally. Travel in Ireland was an exception, since I needed euros.

Ish loses hers sometimes. I've helped search on more than one occasion. I only tend to lose my keys.

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I rarely ever carry cash, except for when I was in Cuba, and even then I only carried around what I needed for the day.

I don't generally lose things. I am paranoid about my wallet and I dont have a car so I don't carry keys.

7. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I didn't used to carry cash, but it seems like in Boston you pretty much have to. If you go out to eat, most places won't split a bill, so one person pays with their card and others pay that person. And there are quite a few mom and pop places that don't take card, so I've started carrying it.

This is the first time I've ever lost my wallet, I'm usually paranoid about it, that's why I think it must have fallen out of my pocket.

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My sister emailed me. Her and my other sister were at the bank on Friday and it was robbed while they were there. She said they had to stay for two hours after the robbery while the cops took their statements and searched for the bandit. That's exciting. Not the excitement I crave, but does give them a cool story to tell since nobody was hurt.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, tonight I was doing my laundry when I noticed something hidden in the fire extinguisher cabinet...

An empty plastic bottle with burn holes in it and a plug of aluminum foil.

I didn't touch it and immediately called my landlord to inform her that the kids here are toying with homemade explosive devices.

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    J_L - While that is terrifying, it does make for a good story! I'm glad no one was hurt!

Trak- Well that's a little unsettling!

So I called the police department today and no one had turned in my wallet. :( So I've spent all day canceling my cards. Luckily, I have a card I keep out of my wallet just in case.
    But I'm applying for a government disaster team job so (it's an only as needed, not a full time job so I can't quit the job I have) so I'm excited about that!

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It lives!!!!! So far, anyway... I can get my car around 4pm!!

mavjade likes this.
  12. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    mavjade: having a spare card is sensible. I hope everything is sorted quickly.

I know lots of people have cats here and I need some cat advice. My cats have started going to the toilet outside my door. Luckily they haven't done any runny poos in ages so it's a quick and easy clean up job, but it's getting annoying. Does anyone know how I can stop them doing this? Also, I want to keep them out of my room too.

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Breezy - I just got my car back from the shop today, too!

Moose - Is it just one, or both of them? What are their genders? Have you recently begun shutting them out of your room? If so, they could be protesting the change. If not, it could be some other change in the house that's got them upset. Are they only pooping, or urinating as well? There are sprays you can get at most pet shops that will discourage them from using those areas instead of their litter box. Unless I have more info, I can't really help more than this.

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I pretty much have gone through entire summers where I can't write because of depression. The one thing keeping me going is the idea of having to live with my parents if I have to stop working.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I spent the evening shoveling snow and sleet. Twas fun, as I got my exercise.

16. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    My parents have been dealing with something like this. You might already know this, but clean the area with an enzyme cleaner. (The most common brand in the U.S. is Nature's Miracle, but I'm sure the U.K. has something similar.) It removes all traces/scents of the mess, which supposedly keeps them from going in the same place. It might do the trick.

If it doesn't, or hasn't, get a plastic mat: A VERY plastic mat (the kind my parents bought was clear with spikes on the bottom, kind of like those mats they sell to go under desk chairs, just not as thick) and put it over the area. Cats don't like the texture, and they won't go on it.

My parents actually set up a second liter box, because their cat is older and the area was about as far from where his regular box as you can get in the house, but I'd try the mat thing first: That's the trick that finally got him to use the second box instead of going on the floor. After a while without incident they removed the mats, but he's continued using the boxes.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I used a plastic tub mat in the shower, and when Han was a kitten, that was his favorite place to poop. On the mat.

Though, if you've recently barred the cats from going into your room, they may be protesting that, as Dantana said. Cats are fickle.

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I've never had an issue with any of my cats in relation to their business (besides going a little wild and flicking litter on the floor), but have you recently moved their litter pan? I know that really peeves them.

I'm currently working on my last assignment for the year (hussah!). I've written 1000/3000 words in the past 2 days (and I have a solid 2 hours to work on it more tonight), so I'm pretty confident that I'll finish with time to edit, which I will need to do. It's one of those assignments that I took a risk on (it's an environmental history course and I'm writing on how pre-modern theologians didn't see themselves as stewards over the Lord's earth), so I have a feeling my prof is either going to love it, or absolutely hate it.

19. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have four cats and I don't know which it is. I've never allowed them to be in my room. One of them breaks in sometimes, but that's it. They wee too.

20. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Are you cleaning the litter box frequently enough? Our cats were always very finicky about that.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Car came home, computer crashed.... Now the wireless isn't working once I reset the WHOLE THING - thank god FF.Net has all my works, but I need ti get a new copy of Word too.... *sigh*

Edit - Thank the stars my roomie is letting me use his laptop to get on or I'd be going CRAZY!!!!!!!

8-}

22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  23. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    I'm very happy. My reserve for A Memory of Light is in.

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm not really sure what to tell you, Moose. It could be age, or a new cat or dog that's moved in nearby, or a number of things.

Oh. I met Kathy Reichs tonight. :D

DarthIshtar and TrakNar like this.
  25. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    12 years ago today, I followed JediGaladriel's fic here. It took me a few days to sign up, but this is my technical anniversary. Trying to think of something to write for the occasion.

Dantana Skywalker and LLL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.