main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga --= Candle in the Dark =-- [UPDATED 3/3]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by --Darth_Dude--, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Darth_Dude--

--Darth_Dude-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2004
    Hey everybody. This is a fan fic I'm starting about a Twi'Lek girl named Niyala Leen. I truly hoping this will not be an Aayla Secura spinoff, mainly because I've never read the comics and I don't like to be accused of plagiarizing something I don't even know. That said, here goes:

Title: Candle in the Dark
    Description: This story is about the life of a young Twi'lek girl named Niyala Leen. It takes place two years before the events of Attack of the Clones. I wrote about this girl mainly because it was a character I've long had in mind. That, and just the fact that I like Twi'leks. I'm hoping to do some drawings of her soon aswell, to give you guys more of an idea.
    Characters: Niyala Leen who is a Padawan, and Dora Kandaros, who is her master. More will be added as the story progresses.

2. --Darth_Dude--

Jan 6, 2004
    The big door shifted open, soundless. I stepped inside to see fifteen other children standing. Children hoping to become a Jedi, just like me. There was also a small peculiar alien standing in the middle of the room who was about my height, but looked incredibly old. I had seen him before, sometimes. He was mostly in the upper sections of the temple from what I understood. The Yoda, I thought they called him.
    "Uhh... hello?" I said. The other children remained silent.
    "Younglings? Nothing to say you have?" the Yoda said. His voice was funny, so I giggled.
    "Hello." the Younglings said in unison.
    "Come, come. In you come." the Yoda said to me.
    I lifted my left foot onto the red carpet of the training room. Then my right. I was in.
    "Are you the Yoda?" I asked the Yoda. He laughed.
    "The Yoda? Hmm, hmm. Just Yoda, you call me. Just Yoda." Just Yoda then gently grabbed my shoulder and introduced me to the children.
    "Bear clan, meet Niyala Leen. Our new Padawan, she is."
    "Master Just Yoda?" I wanted to ask a question, but the other children's giggling made me uncertain. "She is stupid" I heard one of the other Younglings say from the back. Just Yoda was quick to silence them.
    "Bren, talk like that, you must not. If look down on others you do, your own position, you cannot see."
    "Sorry Master." Bren answered, looking at the floor in uncertainty. Just Yoda then turned to me again.
    "Yoda, you call me. Yoda, my name is."
    "Sorry, Yoda." I answered. Yoda was apparently amused. I wasn't sure what to think.
    "Now, class. Received training already, Niyala has. Yes yes, hmm. Under Master Mundi. But transferred here she was, for more intensive training. Now, Niyala. Pick a spot, and stand there you will. We practice the lightsaber, today."

I moved further into the room, closer to the windows. I located myself on an empty spot, and waited to receive my lightsaber. There were two little boys standing to the right of me. Both human.
    "I've never seen a red Twi'lek before." one of the boys said to the other. I felt rather odd and off place when I heard that. I'll admit, I wasn't the most common sight, but still. It had an effect on me. Then Yoda approached me. He took a small lightsaber from underneath his robes and handed it to me.
    "Your training saber, this is. Handle it with care, you will. I took the saber but did nothing with it, because I wasn't ordered to. Yoda took place in the center of the room.
    "Now, class. Ignite your lightsaber." Yoda said.
    I pressed the little button on the handle and saw a foot-and-a-half long blade emerge from the handle. This was the first time I actually had a lightsaber in my hands and I was completely stunned. The green glow worked wonders for me. Unfortunately, my amazement was quickly spoiled by the two human boys next to me.
    "She wants a red blade. Goes with her skin." one boy said.
    "Yeah, she's eeeeeevil!" the other boy jokingly continued. The entire class laughed, but I felt ashamed.

Yoda then took out his lightsaber from underneath his robes, and ignited it. It instantly had everyone's attention. Yoda then calmly lifted it up with the force and made it hover in the air above him. For everyone to see, for none to reach.
    "Green, the color of my lightsaber is. Is it green, because my skin is green? Hmm?"
    The class remained silent, especially the two human boys.
    "No. Green it is, because like the color, I do. Do you like green, Niyala? Hmm?"
    "Yes I do." I answered.
    "Then solved, the problem is. Hmpf. Master Windu. Purple, he is not." Yoda continued. The class reacted with laughter. Yoda took his saber back and put it away under his robes.
    "But, that was the fun. Now, we learn." Yoda said as small training orbs came dropping from the ceiling, one for each student. They steadily hovered at eye height.
    Everyone raised their saber up in front of them, so I did aswell. I wasn't exactly sure what was going to happen until I suddenly, instinctively absorbed a laser bolt coming from the orb with my saber. So that was what's going to happen. The orb fired one shot with random inte

3. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Jedi_Trevor_GulDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Wow!!! What a great start! More! More!!!

4. --Darth_Dude--

Jan 6, 2004
    thx man! :) I'll try to get more up as soon as possible! :)

5. --Darth_Dude--

Jan 6, 2004
    Chapter 2
    "Niyala". A distant voice echoed through my head. "Niyala". Scared, I walk through the dark hallways of the Temple. There are silhouettes of light everywhere. All around me, walking in formation, piercing me with their soulless gaze. And I feel empty. Alone. Naked. Screams, cries. Everywhere, and amongst them I hear it again. "Niyala. Niyala!". I run up the stairs, which were once draped in beautiful blue carpet. But no longer, they are red now. Then suddenly in front of me, a dark figure. Full of anger, hatred. I try to look him in the eye, but he averts my crying gaze. Then, from underneath his cape he unsheathes an elegantly crafted sword, red with blood. And just before I meet my doom, I hear it again. "NIYALA!!!"

Then I got warped into another dimension: a real dimension. Soaking with sweat I sat upstraight in my bed. I looked to my right and saw the friendly figure of my Master, Dora Kandaros.
    "Niyala. Are you alright?" He inquired.
    "You... did you call for me?" I asked.
    "Yes, yes I did." he answered and flipped lightswitch in my room, so that we could see eachother more clearly. "I felt a great disturbance in the Force. You were in agony, I sensed it. What was wrong?"
    "I'm... I'm not sure." I took a deep breath. "Master Yoda always says the future is uncertain."
    "The future?"
    "No.. no nevermind. I'm rambling. I could do with some water."
    "You're not fooling me Niyala. What did you dream of? What did you see?" Dora insisted.
    "It was just a bad dream is all. People have bad dreams sometimes." I continued to avoid Dora's question.
    "Niyala. I've known you since you were eleven years old. It is not usual for you to have bad dreams as severe as this. You are strong in the Force girl. Perhaps you have had a premonition?" Dora looked at me with his friendly brown eyes. I took a closer look at saw the unattended state he was in. Normally he always made sure he looked okay, and he tooks his time make sure of that if he knew he could afford it. But now, his long brown hair was just hanging loosely on his back, and his goatee was untrimmed. He looked like a Wookiee in a bad mood.
    "Alright, alright". I sighed. "I was walking through the temple.. and it was dark. But there were beings of light everywhere... looking at me. And a warrior. He wanted to kill me with a sword soaking in blood. Then I woke up." I explained rather quickly. I still didn't really feel like talking about it.

"The Jedi Temple has the biggest concentration of Force Sensitives of the Galaxy. It is possible that your dreams were influenced by someone else here. Someone with a darker side than he or she dares show. Just take it easy the next couple of days, okay? Try to get some more sleep and tommorow we'll do our Jedi duties. The Force speaks through you Niyala, you must remember that. No dream is without a reason."
    Dora stood up and left the room. I stood up out of my bed and walked to the sink to get some water. I tried to get to sleep again after that, but I just couldn't, so I decided to lift the shades.

Upon opening the shades I saw beautiful Coruscant at night, one of my favourite sights. I took my binocular from my drawer and setting on my bed I looked down at the city from my little chamber at the Jedi Temple. I zoomed in so close that I could see each individual speeder flying through the streets. Bothans, Dugs, Klatooinans, Elomin, Twi'leks, Humans, every race was there. Coruscant was about as diverse as a planet could get, and everybody got around fairly well. From what I gathered, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.